Do you offer guests food in your home?

Do you offer guests food in your home?

• Total voters
They are Corsica and Sardinia. Corsica is part of France and Sardinia is part of Italy, which is why they are the same colours as them.
Oh wow! They need to big themselves up a bit and make more people want to go. They're quite an impressive size.

I'm Mediterranean so I ought to be honouring my people's traditions by offering people food. But I'm lazy and I live in Paris now, so I only offer drinks :(

Trying to remember if you offered me anything :o but I was staying overnight so that’s a bit different.

And one of those times I had the most unpleasant food poisoning in my life :D

If it's guests you're basically obliged to make them feel at home. So you're expected to do a lot more than cook for them cause after all you invited them. If it's just unannounced visitors it depends on the duration of the stay. If it's just for a couple of hours you can offer them sweets and beverages, if they stay longer than that you have to either cook, order takeaway or take them out to dine. If they're liking it and decide to sleep then they have reached guest status and you need to supply them with clean pyjamas, towels, and your bed.

Trying to remember if you offered me anything :o but I was staying overnight so that’s a bit different.

DC poisoned Diddy?! :shock:

No squashes, juices or hot beverages ? :(
Yes everything else will follow, but the glass of water upon arrival is essential on its own. You'll offer it to someone who comes in your house even if they aren't guests or visitors. Ie a plumber or some technician you've called to fix sth.

I said we always offer food. I didn't mention anything about it being a pleasant experience :eyes:

Sorry I didn’t even think to say before I went to sleep - I didn’t get the food poisoning from @Dark Carnival .
I think I either got it the day before at a Chinese buffet lunch, or I guess at the airport coming to France.

Was that in the place near Nice or Montpelier? I think the first one

:ghost:

Last edited:
I’m not dragging DC because she has moved to bigger and better things - but that was the time you lived in the apartment with the bugs 🪳

That was quite a trip :D (but still good because you are great)

I tend not to do anything which might suggest I'm happy that the visitor is present. I'm genuinely far more likely to invent an appointment I need to keep in order to ensure there's a time limit on their stay.
Top tip I heard a while back - always put your coat on before answering the door. That way you can pretend you're just going out. Or in the unlikely circumstances it's someone you'd like to invite in, you can pretend you've just come home.

Last edited:
I’m not dragging DC because she has moved to bigger and better things - but that was the time you lived in the apartment with the bugs 🪳

That was quite a trip :D (but still good because you are great)

Plz rate the Moopy homes you’ve visited

Sorry I didn’t even think to say before I went to sleep - I didn’t get the food poisoning from @Dark Carnival .
I think I either got it the day before at a Chinese buffet lunch, or I guess at the airport coming to France.

Was that in the place near Nice or Montpelier? I think the first one

:ghost:
I don’t remember at all :o

Top tip I heard a while back - always put your coat on before answering the door. That way you can pretend you're just going out. Or in the unlikely circumstances it's someone you'd like to invite in, you can pretend you've just come home.
This is such a good idea. I might just sit around in my coat all day just in case.

FILTHY DC :horny:

Im not sure how many I’ve been to…
Dark Carnival x 4 houses
Alex, Swirly, henZ RIP, VoR… did I miss anyone?
Spent way too long trying to figure out who RIP was

I very rarely invite people to mine, mainly because they all moan about how many stairs they have to climb . But if I do have guests it's usually because we are doing drinks, in which case I offer them a drink and nibbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom