Doja Cat - "Planet Her" (new album)

It's kinda weird. I need to listen it to more.

But I AM kinda liking this trend of lullaby-like melodies. Doja seems to be spearheading this a lot.

beb can this be a general Planet Her thread so I don't have to make another for the album? she doesn't have enough fans on here to justify that :D

the single is You Right with the Weeknd

I LIKE but don't LOVE You Right on first listen. Her songs do tend to be growers though, especially Kiss Me More.

I Don't Do Drugs is nice but kind of weird. Not as good as Tove Lo's Not On Drugs

her voice sounds rough as hell on the chorus of You Right.

I played the album in full and it's a nice mellow vibe with lots of crunchy deep bass throughout, but the songs blur majorly. only the first two singles and Love to Dream stood out.

the Ari and Weeknd tracks feel... bland to me.

both songs are nice, nothing to bee very excited about though, but, Abel NOT Dr. Luke :( :o :evil:

So far I'm loving it. I love hearing her sing AND rap in the same songs.

I like that half the album is Afro-inspired beats with pumping bass, while the other half has softer production and melodies. I think Lo-Fi is going through a moment right now.

It does get a bit repetitive. I wish she had included at least ONE upbeat track!

Meanwhile, "Alone" is fucking SOLID.

At least half this album are 10/10s. As individual songs, the tracks are crisp af. But as an album, I think it's like too much of a good thing.

On the upside though, she's definitely got a signature sound. Lullaby Ratchet :disco:

"Clink with the drink
gimme a sip,
Tell me what's your kink
gimme the dick."

TALENT

this album is holding up beautifully. it's just addictive as fuck front to back.

she's smashing on Spotify right now

08 Kiss Me More
15 Need to Know
24 Ain't Shit
50 Woman
55 You Right

kinda hilarious that the actual second single is the one not performing. her team truly does not dictate what becomes a hit, it's all TikTok hype.

Need to Know is a fucking killer song so I'm happy to see it smash (despite the unfortunate Dr Puke association...)

she's absolutely DESTROYING in the US right now.

Three songs in the Spotify top 10, 3 more top 40! Need to Know looks like it's headed top 5 on the Hot 100 soon enough. bitch is on fire.

the album still fucking slaps, front to back. Moopy needs to get into it (yuh).

Sorry to storm in here but I just saw she’s got a total SHIT cover of You’re the one that I want

the Hot 100 about two years too late AS PER, but very well deserved. shame it only got to #11 in the UK.

"Woman" is #31 on US Spotify and rising with 13 Christmas songs above it. I suspect it will smash come January.

Not sure why "I Don't Do Drugs" hasn't been released yet - that seems like the next obvious smash.

uhm, Payday and Ain't Shit are RIGHT THERE. Such a strange choice to go with something so sub-par it would make Lumidee blush and cringe.

"Woman" is #31 on US Spotify and rising with 13 Christmas songs above it. I suspect it will smash come January.

Not sure why "I Don't Do Drugs" hasn't been released yet - that seems like the next obvious smash.
IDDD has poor Spotify numbers compared to several other songs on the album and hasn't organically smashed on TikTok either. I expect Woman to have its moment stateside (why are you guys so slow picking up singles?!?!) and then onto the next album era.

also, how is it a strange choice? :D Woman (besides being brilliant) took off right out of the gate on tiktok and will soon overtake Need to Know with 465m streams. she's a smash girlies.

Woman is a solid 8/10 for me, with some of her best rap, but it's the VIDEO that's important. Serving Dune Wakanda crossover realness.

I'm still on the fence about her because

A) I thought she was cancelled? :eyes:

B) She still hasn't released anything as good as (or better than) Say SO.

Prove me wrong.

Woman is an awful AWFUL song, truly Ed Sheeran levels of garbage. Release Payday you PARAGUAYAN hating person

"Woman" is expected to break the Hot 100 top ten this week.
giphy.gif

This is very impressive. No one is scoring four plus hits in an album campaign these days, let alone four hits with significant longevity:

Let me be your woman
Woman, woman, woman
I can be your woman
Woman, woman, woman
Let me be your woman
Woman, woman, woman
I can be your woman

Woman, woman, woman

Sing it with me @Pipo

wVUxsSO.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back