Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix)

DON’T CRY! FOR ME!

• Total voters
Is this the most Marmite Madonna track of them all? It seems to be love or loathe with nothing in between :D

What self respecting homo would dislike it? It’s possibly the gayest thing she’s ever put her name to!

What self respecting homo would dislike it? It’s possibly the gayest thing she’s ever put her name to!

Madonna fans?

I think gay-interest-artists’ fans seem to be marmite about almost everything!

What NONSENSE! I mean, COME ON, it's hardly gayer than VOGUE! And Hung Up, or Deeper and Deeper, or Confessions as a whole for that matter...

It's only the gayest thing she's ever put her name to if you're fucking basic and in the same way straight people think Scooch are "fun for Eurovision".

Anyway, I LIKE IT a lot but it's not Marmite either way for me. 8/10.

Pretty much exactly what Sheena says. Including the score.

Ghastly. Her original performance of the song is, for me, one of her finest - she was one of the few women who could sing lines like "all through my wild days, my mad existence" with any real authority or understanding and the effect was captivating. It was inevitable that it would be dance mixed because that was the market of the 90s but I always found that version forced, clunky and totally at odds with the song.

Was it notable power top @funky who once said he liked to have sex to this remix and with each thrust of EVITTA!! EVITA!!! he'd go further in up to the hilt?

It's a trifle camp, yes, and about as messy as one spilled on the floor, which is exactly why I love it, although I doubt Gloria Estefan shed a tear after hearing it having passed on the role (and what a crazy decision that was if true). And there is a further connection as this megamix was done by the same guy:

Back to Madge, I love the vocal she did especially for this. It was the perfect moment for me as a fan to hear something so boisterous and uplifting. And within a year we'd be further spoiled with Spice Up Your Life, Ti Amo remixes and Uh La La La. What an era to collect Pepsi cans in.

And yes I agree with VoR that it probably is the CAMPEST thang she’s EVER DONE :disco:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom