Donna Summer - I'm A Rainbow 'Recovered & Recoloured'

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Another cash grab on the Donna catalogue upcoming:

https://townsendmusic.store/product/82267

82266-ca7069400e2c9ce973337af6f50226b0.png
82272-261ac556f80b4f5ce45afb8dc563a6cc.png

• 'I’M A RAINBOW – RECOVERED & RECOLOURED’ has been slimmed-down to a compact 10-track album and completely re-imagined by a host of international producers, from North AND South America, Europe and Scandinavia. Junior Vasquez, Le Flex, Figo Sound, Jean Tonique, Ladies On Mars and Oliver Nelson - who has just signed to Atlantic Records - have all added their touch.
  • The album now has a thread running through it, with a sequence that sees the album open with the beautiful title track and builds throughout the album through soul and dance, ending with the high-octane ‘girl power’ statement track, ‘Leave Me Alone [Ladies On Mars ‘Independence’ Remix]’.
Track Listing:

1. I'm A Rainbow [Junior's Shiny Rainbow Edit] 4:13
2. I Believe (In You) (duet with Joe “Bean” Esposito) [Figo Sound Version] 4:45
3. Back Where You Belong [Jean Tonique Remix] 4:18
4. You To Me [Oliver Nelson Remix] 3:36
5. Don't Cry For Me Argentina [Ladies On Mars ‘Buenos Aires' Remix] 5:34
6. Sweet Emotion [Le Flex Remix] 3:43
7. Brooklyn [Ladies On Mars ‘Child Of Rhythm' Remix] 4:42
8. Romeo [Ladies On Mars ‘Luv-NRG' Remix] 3:38
9. Highway Runner [Ladies On Mars ‘Street Race' Remix] 3:09
10. Leave Me Alone [Ladies On Mars ‘Independence' Remix] 4:13

RADIO EDITS
11. Brooklyn [Ladies On Mars ‘Child Of Rhythm' Remix – Radio Edit] 3:36
12. I Believe (In You) (duet with Joe “Bean” Esposito) [Figo Sound Radio Version] 3:00

EXTENDED MIXES
13. Highway Runner [Ladies On Mars ‘Street Race' Extended Remix] 6:17
14. Brooklyn [Ladies On Mars ‘Child Of Rhythm' Extended Remix] 6:52
15. Romeo [Ladies On Mars ‘Luv-NRG' Extended Remix] 6:46

I'm not sure if this slimming down is just them not bothering to do the whole thing, though it does seem that a lot of the eighties synth heavy tracks have been cut - no True Love Survives either. Also not familiar with Ladies On Mars who has/have done half the tracks they have included. Nineteen quid for one CD seems a little steep too, though £25 for a double vinyl is not so bad.

Think it will probably be one for which I'll cherry pick the mixes on Spotify rather than buy, as with the reissue of The Wanderer.

ugh how vile

her estate needs to have a word with itself

talk about shat on from a great height

apart from that i love it

It is ridiculous how they don’t give us the good shit but we get the rest over and again.

I’ll wait to hear this before biting. I don’t need it and if it’s anything like Love To Love You Donna…

I mean....just buy the pressing of the original album from a few years ago. Their obsession with Figo remixes is bordering on weird.

I will add I've ordered this nonetheless, because I got over excited thinking it was the original album with a new cover.

Scanned this list COMPLETELY CONVINCED they wouldn't include Working The Midnight Shift, and as such the list would be entirely invalid...and was thrilled to find I was WRONG :disco:

It's basically most of the right songs in roughly the right order, at least from disco domination period. This Time I Know It's For Real being the OBVIOUS omission.

The title track and Don't Cry for Me Argentina are not completely surprisingly quite rotten, but loving the closing Ladies On Mars mixes going full Hi-NRG :disco:

On first listen, I like three or four of the Ladies on Mars mixes (particularly "Brooklyn" and "Romeo"). Her lead vocal sometimes sounds like it's being played down a dodgy telephone line or via dial-up internet, particularly on the first few tracks. On the whole, the project has made me appreciate the original mixes more. The original mixes played in this 10 track order work quite well as a listening experience.

I've just noticed the tiny VOCALS: Donna Summer and James Ingram credit in the corner :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom