Don't forget to use the Amazon link Friday

Specifically I want to be able to access Swedish TV and Discovery (future Olympics investment). Maybe Disney+. My TV Is too old to get new apps.

Do you have other Amazon devices? If you do, then fine, but I prefer Chromecasts to Firesticks. Amazon for a while blocked YouTube from their devices and I've never trusted them not to pull more nonsense

Use ours all the time on our non-smart TV to access netflix, Amazon prime, iPlayer, itv hub, YouTube... There's other stuff on it too that we don't use but it's there if needed. I like it a lot. Don't remember YouTube ever being pulled from it? There was iirc a period where they tried to get you use their weird version of the YouTube app rather than the official one, but we just didn't.

Do you have other Amazon devices? If you do, then fine, but I prefer Chromecasts to Firesticks. Amazon for a while blocked YouTube from their devices and I've never trusted them not to pull more nonsense
No. I have a Samsung Smart TV and phone. And an Alexa that we sometimes harass.

I just saw Firesticks going for £20 today. I already have the basic services on my TV (YouTube, Netflix, iPlayer) but can't get any newer or specific ones.

Alexa is Amazon's home assistant, so I would go with a fire stick. These things work best if you just commit to one home automation system.

My boiler has broken again, and it is BLOODY FREEZING.

And there is a weather warning from this afternoon. The joys.

We have a snow warning just as I get up to drive to work tomorrow :argh:

My flat is so cold I have to lounge in bed for an hour waiting for it to heat up, OH WELL.

Last edited:
Morning all. Is a Fire stick worth getting instead of a new TV? The only reason I want a new TV is to access extra streaming services.
We have a fire stick for the TV in the bedroom, because we cancelled Sky multi room.

Its useful, it means we can get Netflix and Prime. You can watch live TV as well but the app we have for it is shit.

The whole thing is a very time consuming and complicated process in my opinion. I'd rather Sky or a new TV.

We have a fire stick in the bedroom as well. We don't use the TV much in the bedroom, amd it serves its purpose well enough.

We also have an AMBER WEATHER WARNING for wind and snow but the sun is splitting the trees? Calm before the storm? 🤷‍♀️

Hopefully you are making a MINT for Christmas. Who doesn’t like a bit of fudge at Christmas?

Hey @Rachey honey! How are you doing? Is the shop still mega busy?
Hi Rita <3

I'm good thank you. You?

The shop has been steady, but I think it's about to pick up a lot.

We've got a Christmas fayre to go to in 2 weeks and a lot of custom box requests.

I've ordered a Fire children's tablet for my great niece via the link. And a bottle of gin for me :disco:

I'm currently having to pay for HayU, which I don't really know what it is, just to watch Below Deck :angry:

We have a fire stick in the bedroom as well. We don't use the TV much in the bedroom, amd it serves its purpose well enough.
What do people do in the bedroom if they don't watch TV :confused: Apart from sex.

What do people do in the bedroom if they don't watch TV :confused: Apart from sex.
I'd quite happily not have a TV in the bedroom at all. I'd much rather watch TV in the living room.

I don't really see the point of a TV in the bedroom unless you're 14 or living in a shared house.

I'd quite happily not have a TV in the bedroom at all. I'd much rather watch TV in the living room.

I don't really see the point of a TV in the bedroom unless you're 14 or living in a shared house.
Mandy and I love to go to bed early and sit and watch TV together. Maybe because in the winter our flat is freezing but the bedroom is warm.

Hi Rita <3

I'm good thank you. You?

The shop has been steady, but I think it's about to pick up a lot.

We've got a Christmas fayre to go to in 2 weeks and a lot of custom box requests.

I am fab thank you darling. Almost at the end of the endless Christmas list so just ordering last few bits online this morning.

Oh yes, I would imagine December and the run up to Christmas will be exceptionally busy! It will be great having the shop over the next month and will get you and Mandy in the Christmas spirit.

What are you and Mandy up to for Christmas?

I have a tv and sky in the bedroom but very rarely watch it as I am only ever in my bedroom to sleep or for sexy time. I watch the tv in bed when I am ridiculously hungover and can’t lift my head or am unwell.

I am fab thank you darling. Almost at the end of the endless Christmas list so just ordering last few bits online this morning.

Oh yes, I would imagine December and the run up to Christmas will be exceptionally busy! It will be great having the shop over the next month and will get you and Mandy in the Christmas spirit.

What are you and Mandy up to for Christmas?
I never really go through the stress of getting ready for Christmas like most people do. Maybe because Mandy and I always go to other people's homes Christmas day :D

We are hoping my brother and his wife will have moved to the island by Christmas so we will all go to his. If not, Mandy and I are taking Bertha out and having a Christmas BBQ.

We've decorated the shop for Christmas already, just waiting until I'm allowed to play Christmas music!

The owners left a TV on the wall in the bedroom in our last house which we watched because it was there. Don't have one here and don't want one.

Having said that, when we go on holiday and don't have a TV in the bedroom, I don't miss it.

I never really go through the stress of getting ready for Christmas like most people do. Maybe because Mandy and I always go to other people's homes Christmas day :D

We are hoping my brother and his wife will have moved to the island by Christmas so we will all go to his. If not, Mandy and I are taking Bertha out and having a Christmas BBQ.

We've decorated the shop for Christmas already, just waiting until I'm allowed to play Christmas music!

A Christmas Day BBQ sounds out of this World. You don’t get it too cold on the Island, do you? I haven’t had a bbq at Christmas since I was in Sydney around 25 years ago. Very surreal, and didn’t really feel like Christmas at all, but WHAT A DAY!

A Christmas Day BBQ sounds out of this World. You don’t get it too cold on the Island, do you? I haven’t had a bbq at Christmas since I was in Sydney around 25 years ago. Very surreal, and didn’t really feel like Christmas at all, but WHAT A DAY!
It'll be cold enough, maybe 7 degrees ish. But we can wrap up warm. We did a beach BBQ a few years ago on Christmas Day. It was lovely.

Beach BBQs in Australia are the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom