Drag Race Canada

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

I guess no Ru Paul in this

So Brooke Lynn is a judge on this, alongside the fabulous Stacey Mackenzie of Canada’s Next Top Model non-fame :disco:

Yvie REALLY feels like the first proper misstep as Drag Race winner doesn’t she :D Even though Yvie definitely won the final lip sync, Brooke feels so much more like the actually winner I often forget Yvie won :D

I was so over Brooke Lynn by the end. She would have made a dull winner.

Reactions: GNL
Brooke Lynn was always a bit too distant to be a good winner, too polished. Yvie seems to be doing ok, she’s gonna be part of the Vegas residency.

Season 11 never happened, the boot order was insane. Silky and Miss Vanjie in the top 5? Above queens like Nina West? Please :D I forgot this season already.

Vanjie is probably the most successful queen in a few seasons

Vanjie is probably the most successful queen in a few seasons
Maybe, but that doesn't justify her position in the competition when she was mostly shit, it was always Vanjie being herself in the acting challenges. :zombie: Grammy winner Serena ChaCha had a succesful career post DR selling wigs, but you have to admit she didn't deserve much more in her season.

Yvie was a little "crafty" for my taste, but Brooke made the cardinal sin of a lip sync finale with no gimmicks (#gasp).

It wasn't only no gimmicks though - it was more the fact that she didn't bring anything new from her previous lip syncs. And I felt like all her jumps and twirls didn't really bear any relation to the music.

She had such a poor edit those last couple of shows though that I'm not sure what she would have had to have done to have won, anyway.

Oh I can't remember the sync, but those slot-machine edits really do contradict the parody premise of the show itself.

*forces Baloo the bear laugh*

I like the look of Lemon and Kiara. Priyanka first out surely :D

July 10 so before AS5 ends? Who’s got the time?

First Impression based purely on the video is that I am a Tynomi Banks fangirl.

Not to do a Ru, but wouldn't her name be better as Tynomi Cambanks?

Anyway, I'll be watching, but I'm no longer watching anything before the actual launch shows.

Omg BOA (Big Jan) must be first out :D

it’s a shame the promo video was deleted, because those MTQ videos were so blah. Half of them came over as Apprentice or even Bake Off Contestants :D

This starts on BBC Three/iPlayer on the 3rd of July

That's a welcome surprise.

It really is overload now though, considering how long we are going to go without it.

August would have been wiser. Bit of a break.

But I suppose it depends a lot on when Canada is showing it.

WTF is this shit? I mean what's NEXT? Drag race Finland?

..Where are my MUFFS and LEOTARDS? :shock:

Because I can't stop myself. Instagram followers:

61.9k Kyne
32.9k Tynomi Banks
25.2k Rita Baga
24.5k Priyanka
22.5k Ilona Verley
22.3k Lemon
22k Juice Boxx
21.1k Scarlett BoBo
12.1k BOA
11.8k Kiara
10k Jimbo
6.6k Anastarzia Anaquway

Last edited:
I’ve decided I’m going to save this for a few months. I don’t see it being particularly difficult to avoid for spoilers and it’s not essential viewing so it’ll serve as a much better DR void filler later in the year

Had no idea this was showing on BBC iPlayer, what a pleasant surprise. It looked so bad I thought it was a 2nd season of the UK version that looked worse than the 1st. I wasn't impressed at the "I'm your lady" lip sync - those kind of cheap laughs about drag are what makes the stag do style dressing up completely misogynist in my opinion and actual drag shouldn't be going anywhere near that. Gosh I'm fun :D

Instagram followers update, with increase over last two weeks:

78.1k Kyne (+16.2k)
66.1k Jimbo (+56.1k)
58.0k Lemon (+35.7k)
49.0k Priyanka (+24.5k)
47.3k Tynomi Banks (+14.4k)
45.6k Juice Boxx (+23.6k)
41.0k Scarlett BoBo (+19.9k)
40.8k Ilona Verley (+18.3k)
40.2k Rita Baga (+15k)
27.4k BOA (+15.2k)
25.5k Kiara (+13.8k)