Drag Race Controversy & Drama Thread

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
I think we can keep all that chat in here LOVES

The latest is Elliott With 2 Ts saying this

There's this tweet and a lot of retweets by him from others saying Soju did the same thing to them.

Reactions: dUb
Meanwhile, the Elliott thing rumbles on...

Elliott :x:

Etn-fq8XAAEMCC9

Last edited:
Elliott seems almost too...basic to be racist. And not good basic. He even said "Because I actually AM stupid" in his confessionals.

I read her post as “why is black Barbie always discounted (when the other ones aren’t)?”, is that bad? And then he found the same thing again. I didn’t read that as “why is black barbie available, nobody wants it”

omg am I basic and racist now? :(

I mean Elliott had some dodgy things to say from those other reports, but I took THIS one as a bad-faith interpretation (8 years ago) to feed a narrative

Bloody hell Elliott. Perhaps she should write a new one woman show called Slap Her, She's White at this point. She's not doing a lot right, right now.

Last edited:
Nina's in trouble over this :manson: remark (15:06 if it doesn't go straight to there)

I read her post as “why is black Barbie always discounted (when the other ones aren’t)?”, is that bad? And then he found the same thing again. I didn’t read that as “why is black barbie available, nobody wants it”

omg am I basic and racist now? :(
The first one looks that way, the other one about nobody wanting it is a little harder to justify.

The good thing about drag is that it’s a way for poor lgbt people, often from conservative places, to find a voice. With that, they may hold on to views and ways of talking that are common where they’re from.

I’m not trying to justify anything that any of them have said, more explain why it doesn’t surprise me.

Don't y'all DARE touch Nina Bo'nina Banana Fofana Osama Bin Laden Brown. She's the fabulous train wreck none of us are worthy of.

Also, if she was ever cancelled, I don't think she'd....take it well.

"Of course Gottmik can wear this and still have curves...we all know why *chuckle* "

Took me a while to get it too. She speaks really fast.

Was that really transphobic? People really need to relax.

I’m sure making fun of someone living with their parents will become offensive in about a couple of minutes, so Yvie should shut up.

Yep, Yvie isn't exactly covering herself in glory there - it's especially ironic as she used to call people classist when they criticised the low-effort looks she was doing after she won the show.

It's a stupid and gross remark on Nina's part but somehow most of the queens' reactions feel really off the mark, especially Yvie's (I always roll my eyes at "violent" - please. It was a snitty comment and we all know what actual violence feels like). Joe Black's thread put it really eloquently.

I found the second comment from NBBon Gottmik much worse than this one, about the tuck, completely unnecessary and completely gross

The drag community is becoming cringey. Most of them sound like they're just making it up as they go.

Also, if she was ever cancelled, I don't think she'd....take it well.

She thinks the whole world is out to get her anyway, so any cancellation that came forth would probably just satisfy her that she was right all along :disco:

Was watching Fashion Photo Ruview (where Gottmik got Top Toot of the week) and wondering what curves Nina’s even refering to? Gottmik is as flat as a paper.

Miz Cracker CANCELLED.

Said she would NEVER lip sync to Kylie.

FUMIN'

No need to click etc but Nina’s LOOK in the thumbnail is :D

also she makes some decent points in the video...

The reaction online this week seemed to suggest that Nina managed to vaguely UNCANCEL herself by unveiling that RuPaul look :D

I haven't really been following what she's done, but I don't think NBB can be judged the same as most people - she's clearly quite a troubled person, and I don't think an internet PILE ON would ever do any good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom