Drag Race Down Under S01 E08: Grand Finale

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Let's take a look at the (paltry) social media activity on the #Team World of Wonder posts

Twitter - RTs/Likes
Kita Mean - 152/377
Art Simone - 50/142
Scarlet Adams - 10/26
Karen From Finance - 2/25

Instagram - Likes
Kita Mean - 2194
Scarlet Adams - 1765
Art Simone - 1133
Karen From Finance - 641

UPDATE

Twitter - RTs/Likes
Kita Mean - 1.2k/4.2k
Art Simone - 179/762
Scarlet Adams - 83/194
Karen From Finance - 42/216

Instagram - Likes
Kita Mean - 16.1k
Scarlet Adams - 16k
Art Simone - 7.5k
Karen From Finance - 5.4k

Scarlet being that close to overtaking Kita on Insta but nowhere near on Twitter. Have to assume the comments on her post including ones like Aquaria just saying "Naur" (Australian pronunciation of no :disco:) are leading to the algorithm showing it to more people, hence more likes. Or maybe people just like her on insta way more

Last edited:
I get that Kita has a very provincial vibe, but given the competition I’m 100% for an unproblematic NZ queen winning this shitshow.

Reactions: dUb
Anita Wig’let totally got the Bendelacreme ‘fuck! She’s outshining our chosen queens - ABORT ABORT ABORT!’ edit, didn’t she?

Except in this case it bombed even MORE spectacularly than Trixie’s tragic phyrric victory.

Such was my lack of engagement, I just skipped the episode and watched the last 5 minutes.

The only choice in the circumstances, but it's hilarious how obvious it was that that was not the filmed reaction they expected to have to air. :D

Oh yeah I skipped through most of the episode. She did have the best final lipsync and she’s a lovely person. The season itself should be buried.

Tweeted and deleted

rdq856k5q6671.jpg

I really feel like 95% of the problems this Franchise is having lately could be mitigated if they just SLOWED THE FUCK DOWN.

I was thinking we’ll get a reprieve after All Stars but there’s the international version.

I’m finding Espana to be a fresh take. The Ru ones are just so stuck, still talking about saboteurs and showing them pictures of their childhood to get tears out of them. No one likes this stuff but the production.

Reactions: dUb
Started in May according to Reddit, filming at the same time as Canada's Season 2

And I actually feel sorry for Kita, not a drag race superstar by any standard, but a winner by default.

I was so bored, finales are always boring but this one felt like ten hours… it didn’t get exciting until the winner was announced. This was so unexpected. Kita is lovely, not really a winner though, but a much worthy winner than Karen from Finance. The other two are stronger drag queens but less likable.

Oh my god at Guru Ru. I'm just up to Kita receiving a 2m distance hug. Did Ru and Michelle do workshop meetings strategizing on how to break these people apart? It's so abrupt and soundbite-ready :D

Oh I just can't take this. They need to find a new way of doing the talk to the person you were at your worst point schtick.

I guess Kita has came across best. Just a shame Anita wasn't neck and double chin with her at this point.

Correct winner. Scarlett bopping her bussy showed we had literally seen it all. Art was my runner up and Karen a placeholder charisma 3rd. Is it coming back for another season? I actually think this branch in particular could benefit from a year off.

Actually watching the full thing now. God, this emotional gaslighting of Art and Kita in the tic tac lunch section is properly gross. :zombie:

But delighted for Kita! She really came through in this episode. Art was also very worthy I think.

A good if a little manic season!

Yes, whatever happened to just having a nice chat and a laugh with them? I blame the RuPaul podcast for making those two think they're QUALIFIED THERAPISTS.
Michelle saying "I'm not a professional but..." and then proceeding to insist that Kita wanting a boyfriend simply has to be down to childhood trauma, without question.

I mean -

Oh god the forced therapy sessions were tragic. Not giving us what we want? That's okay, we'll proceed to tell you exactly what's wrong with you psychologically and why you do these things based on NOT MUCH AT ALL! The bemused faces on all the queens.

Kita winning makes sense. The other 2 didn't deserve it and shouldn't have been there. Can we assume if not for the black face Scarlett would have been picked as winner? It's about right really I guess, saying "I'll let you apologise, I won't cancel you, but I sure as hell aren't giving you the crown". She presumably knows this.

Anita wins something, then. Should have been there until the very end, what a disaster. I'm not sure what hope she has of coming back to a future international version but she was screwed over something horrific.

Oh well, I hope Down Under gets another go. Rhys was brilliant throughout and there's no reason a future season should be as messy.

Just caught up on the three episodes I hadn't got to yet, and well. :meh:

There really was no choice for winner was there? Art was insufferable, Karen was shit and Scarlet was problematic. I don't even have anything else to say that hasn't been said above - plus I only had one eye on it. The forced therapy sessions were absolute cringe. "HI KAREN! So your mum died" :manson:

Kita and Anita not voting each other for Miss Congeniality is a gag! :basil: I wonder what happened with Scarlet?

OMG at the hatred for Art. I thought she was brilliant in the end! And if she had have just won that first challenge like she was supposed to I reckon they could have crowned her no questions asked.

OMG at the hatred for Art. I thought she was brilliant in the end! And if she had have just won that first challenge like she was supposed to I reckon they could have crowned her no questions asked.
Insufferable is maybe a bit strong, but she was quite RUDE :kim: And her being brought back for no reason just left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of her run (yes, I know that's been said a million and that that wasn't her fault). She still can't have gone on to WIN after that!

I'd say Art kind of winged it, which made the flat-lining not compensate for the workroom and talking-head peacocking, which I enjoyed to be honest. Both his and Anita's eliminations were stunts and when the wheels came off more than they bargained for even bringing one back just made it worse almost. Crikey.

Well I finally made it!

Lordy lou ... I watched the last 3 episodes on 1.3x speed though. A fairly standard issue finale, with budgetary constraints - I mean the dance bit was as big as the S13 dances in episode 2.

Happy for Kita - Karen never really lived up to the hype, Art was an awful cunt who was eliminated, and Scarlet is a horrid cow.
It's not like Kita did badly anyway, she had a good record and her runways were always put-together. I liked the wings, even if we have had that with Courtney (is there one shop Down Under that does these things?), even if the tits looked a bit off.

Do I have the stamina to catch up on any other seasons? I missed Holland and Espana, AND Thailand. But I've seen that female gremlin one on Holland 2 and I can't stop thinking about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom