Drag Race Down Under S1 E2

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
That wasn’t too bad, was it? I enjoyed this Snatch Game a lot more than other recent ones (especially Canada’s). The Queen I thought was hilarious.

The runway was also rather good.

I don’t know if we’re allowed proper spoilers in first post so I’ll wait with that, but I’m pleased with the results.

"That means NOTHING." :D Poor producer.

I agree, it was a good episode. Sure a lot of them weren't strong but are there ever more than two or three stand outs? Maybe in two or three seasons. Very dramatic I thought when we've sat through Snatch Game S11.

I am a little shocked that Dr Seuss was safe. She should be really thankful that the last joke landed.

The ending was a shock. The lip sync was alright. I love Et Cetera and the kiwi duo are both a bit ridiculous and cartoon like but quite endearing.

Maxi Shield just reminds of of Matt Lucas when doing female characters in Little Britain (Dame Sally for example)

Shock exit today - had that one pinned as a finalist, if not the winner!

EAP6SLPUwAADnQF.jpg

In terms of her place in the Australian drag scene, this might just be the most shocking elimination EVER for me :D I was, and am, gobsmacked

It was indeed shocking (and I have no idea who she is but she seemed like the big star of the season) but she was already annoying me and I definitely thought that Coco won the lip sync.

It might have been a struggle to film the snatch game and judging by what Ru said it must have been bad but the final product was enjoyable.

I love Electra the most, so pleased she was safe. This Dr Seuss however I have no idea how he wasn’t up for elimination.

I thought the Snatch Game was one of the best in recent memory. Anita was the obvious winner by a mile but every single person made me smile at least once, except Art.

And yeah, we know why, but HOW FUCKING DARE you waste Dannii AND Kylie like that and then don’t even give them the lip sync for your shitty rap song. Also, that outfit was dreadful on RuPaul and she looked bored as hell in it.

When does the Beeb upload them? I was more excited than Christmas this morning, only to quickly be disappointed. So just like Christmas then.

I thought this was decent and the judging was silly to try and pretend that there were 6 queens in the bottom when 3 of them were so obviously safe.

Dr. Seus should have been in the bottom. It was terrible.

Anita was obviously the winner but I also enjoyed the dingo lady.

Oh I'm gutted to see Art go. She was kinda cute in a South Park Canadian puppet version of Vanjie sort of way. That line to the producer will stand her well though. I'm actually a little fed up of this show letting go of standouts far too soon, it was probably the most egregious since Tammie Brown. Ru's ringtone song was, in her own words, rotten.

I am finding it hard to get into this series. I literally only knew the Queen and Jennifer Coolidge on that Snatch Game.

Also what's with the lip sync songs? We should be two for two with Absolutely Everybody and All I Wanna Do by now.

I am finding it hard to get into this series. I literally only knew the Queen and Jennifer Coolidge on that Snatch Game.

Also what's with the lip sync songs? We should be two for two with Absolutely Everybody and All I Wanna Do by now.
Dolly Parton has some really great songs - definitely worth a listen! :)

I agree about the lip sync songs. Something Canada did so well.

A Dannii-Kylie megamix would have been the kick up the arse the show needs as far as the lip sync playlists go.

Reactions: COB
Jesus Christ this show is ROUGH.

I know Snatch Game is usually shit but some of those choices. Where was Muriel? Ja’mie? HANNAH MARTIN?!

I might be overreacting but I felt kinda uneasy about Lindy Chamberlain on this. A truly horrific story played for laughs. Can you imagine the BBC allowing Kate McCann on DRUK? Bleak.

RuPaul I assume is getting styled by the stylist from the Australian episode of Girls Aloud: Off The Record.

And then we have the Minogues. What a squandered opportunity. Each of them deserve a full episode dedicated to them individually, a Night of A Thousand… runway and a lip sync of their track. Get Outta My Way is literally begging to be the ultimate lip sync track. It did highlight how amazing Dannii is as a TV personality though. An icon.

On a side note I’m obsessed if the prize is in AUSD or NZD because that amount is VERY different :D

Canada’s Drag Race remains unbothered as the D-list cousin of the franchise.

I might be overreacting but I felt kinda uneasy about Lindy Chamberlain on this. A truly horrific story played for laughs. Can you imagine the BBC allowing Kate McCann on DRUK? Bleak.

Agreed, if anyone should be aware that this is a very real and nightmarish story it should be Australians

Ru laughing it off with "we're all going to hell" - well yes, between this, the fracking and eliminating Art Simone, you HOPEFULLY ARE!

Even without knowing who that Art person even is, it felt like a shock :D because of how everyone looked so fucking gobsmacked :D especially her :D FUN!

What a rough episode. Terrible lip sync. Average snatch game (does @Loufoque REALLY not know Catherine O Hara, Lizzo, Dr Seuss and Dolly Parton!?).

However "That means NOTHING!" is low key iconic. So stroppy and bitter! I lived!

Seems the BBC have edited out some of the spicier gags from Snatch Game. Understandably enough!

This should be the full version of the episode if anyone wants it

What was missing? I cba to watched again!
Not sure what was cut as I too cba but did you get the Queen saying “some advice: don’t piss me off and wear a seatbelt”?

Not sure what was cut as I too cba but did you see the Queen saying “some advice: dont piss me off and wear a seatbelt”?
We did! Diana jokes are hardly unknown territory on UK TV. I mean Frankie Boyle is on the BBC!

oh fine, maybe it’s all in there then! Have seen some tweets about edits but nothing specific

The Dingo stuff is pretty crass, but it's been circling around mainstream humour for decades.

What a rough episode. Terrible lip sync. Average snatch game (does @Loufoque REALLY not know Catherine O Hara, Lizzo, Dr Seuss and Dolly Parton!?).
Oops. Perhaps I wasn’t really paying attention while watching. But can you blame me?

Basically what @monsta said. Had to google who the dingo woman was, and thought it was VERY POOR TASTE once I did.
I thought the absurd Catherine O'Hara was pretty good and funny, but so many UNUSED Australian icons.

Why were there two BINDI IRWINS? Who even is she? The Australian Michaela Strachan??

Essentially, and I apologise to any Aussies/Kiwis on here, but I just don't think any of these queens are particularly exceptional or interesting - and that's reflected by the level of investment RuPaul appears to have in the season so far.

I'm intrigued by Anita. She seems to have all kinds of issues and traumas behind that perma-gurning facade, and I'm interested to see if she's able to let he guard down a little more. She clearly has the talent.

Lindy Chamberlain *was* a controversial choice, but even Meryl Streep has made fun of her in the past. It's always struck me as a bit ODD, but making her into a punchline isn't a brand new thing at all.

It kinda highlights how entrenched Australia is with US pop culture rather than embracing their own doesn’t it? Such a well of talent to work with and it’s relatively ignored. I mean where exactly can you go with LIZZO?

I’d even have been happy with someone doing Natalia Kills on X-Factor New Zealand.

OMG Natalia Kills would have been an AMAZING deep cut! Just accuse everybody of copying your no-mark husband!

It's been said before, but nearly all the Aussie and NZ Real Housewives would be absolutely RIPE for the Snatch Game treatment, much more so than the ones that have popped up on the US show in the past. And I know they were special guests so maybe it would've been slightly awkward, but nobody even seemed to consider doing Kylie or Dannii? Bizarre!

Kylie isn't funny though. See Beyonce and Gaga for details.

Dannii has more potential mind.

Reactions: COB
A good Dame Edna could have been wonderful, if only as a way to super insult Ru. I mean, it's probably quite an easy one for most people to prepare as well.

I was hoping we’d get a Gina Liano :(

real housewives of melbourne GIF by RealityTVGIFs

LOVED the Queen. I also thought Art was in it for a good few weeks longer but gid her attutude sucks, so fair enoigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom