Drag Race Down Under S1 E2

Brilliant :D That's got to be one of the all-time great Snatch Game turns, surely?

Shame it was buried on THAT panel.

This was quite an entertaining episode for all the wrong reasons :D Even Ru looked like "Well, we got through it but ooof"
Anita was great, I'm still a little alarmed by her unhinged talking heads and jaw.

Snatch Game was alright, not as bad as S11. I guess the rumours of the worst ever were unfounded, or at least they polished the turd to an acceptable level. I'm alright with the dingo lady, like people have said it's been a staple for years and years, and it's a bloody drag queen comedy bit, aren't we supposed to be pushing a bit? Nobody on here seemed to have a problem with the Queen's seatbelt line.

I agree it was a bit US-centric, but you do have to make Ru laugh, so I don't blame them for going for names (with limited results)

My prediction of Art or Karen winning the season haven't aged well... but that was only based on the first episode - a few good looks. Art did seem like a bit of an arse so I'm not too fussed. Coco is already circling the drain but she won that lip sync. And "Soz bitch" :D!

There are certainly some choices being made, hopefully Kylie and Dannii will be back if this makes it to 2 seasons and they can physically attend. But having a Ru track for the lipsync was odd, you'd have to think that was a backup?

Well that was a jaw-dropping exit, I can't say I'm remotely bothered though - maybe it was the edit, maybe not, but Art came across as a bit of a dick from episode one, and then seemed unnecessarily insecure about not winning afterwards. And that snatch game was horrendous - she was the only one where NOTHING landed at all, none of it made any sense, much like doing Bindi in the first place. And then lost the lip-sync (only just, mind). So shocking but not unfair. Gobsmacked Ru didn't save her, though. It's a bit of a Joe Black situation, only that was a bigger loss to me. So yeah, a few decent looks aside, BYE ART. I suspect we've missed out on some great moments though. Maybe they'll bring her back like Joe just to eliminate her again :basil:

The dingo lady choice seemed shocking to me upon reading up on it. I want to agree with @Diddy, even though it crosses the line in some ways. Luckily it was funny as fuck, and I felt guilty as hell for it afterwards.

Anita was incredible. She was just playing a random posh old lady but the actual gags killed it every time she was onscreen.

Not a bad snatch game at all, not sure what was left out (the jokes above aside) to edit it down, but given we've seen much worse in the US series I'm not sure where this "you were all bottom" business came from. Lizzo and Dolly were crap, the rest had varying levels of something, even Dr Seuss got a couple of gags in eventually. It feels patronising to me to single this out as somehow the worst ever.

Kylie and Dannii featuring in entirely inconsequential tiny video segments, what a shock. I mean I get it, but Kylie's was pre-recorded with no interaction whatsoever. Pointless really.

The "next time" bit makes it look like we're in for a horror show next week, I don't think it featured one positive comment/clip :D

I liked the moment backstage when Karen said “I think it’s going to be Coco and Art”, and then minutes later looking AGOG when exactly that happens

I liked the moment backstage when Karen said “I think it’s going to be Coco and Art”, and then minutes later looking AGOG when exactly that happens

And then coming forward and hugging her after her elimination when she’s only said negative things about her during the two episodes.

My main issue with the DINGO ATE MY BABY bit is that it's ONE JOKE spread very thin, so you knew what was coming and by the third non-response to a question it was a bit TIRED. It's an improv challenge!

I'm glad my download included all the cut content. “Don’t piss me off and wear a seatbelt.” is one of my favourite jokes that's ever been on snatch game!

Absolutely iconic exit :disco:

Also I agree with the Minogues being underused. Not even the lipsync! WHERE WAS THIS BANGER?

I might be overreacting but I felt kinda uneasy about Lindy Chamberlain on this. A truly horrific story played for laughs.
Thought I might make a timely contribution to this thread since I've just watched this episode. I honestly can't believe this was approved and aired.

I'm all for dark comedy but this impression was just nasty. The Queen making a Diana joke and outright calling Andrew a nonce? Brilliant, loved it. Mocking an innocent woman who suffered the loss of her child and was then arrested and vilified for it? Vile. There's no comedy in that, it's just kicking someone when they're down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom