Drag Race España chat lounge

Oh and that one shot of Supremme giving a STINK FACE when someone said that Sharonne was "ready for prime time" :D Wasn't she rumoured to be in the running to host the show at one point?

"Why don't you want to talk to me?"
"Because you're INSUFFERABLE, also you fart all the time and it's disgusting"

This fucking show :disco:

I thought this week's main challenge was PAINFUL

Anyway it doesn't matter as long as we get more of Pit Crew bear

¿Hola como estas?

unnamed.jpg

I didn't think it was much worse than most other Drag Race improv challenges but yes, it's probably my least favourite genre of recurring maxi challenge. Why do so many of the sketches always end up with the queens rolling around on the floor fighting/kissing/both?

Yeah, never been a big fan of those sketches where there is more nosense than anything else. Still it must be really hard to get most of the references for you, so I don't even know how you can enjoy that :D Also we're coming from such an episode, that this was always going to be a (sort of) let down.

"Why don't you want to talk to me?"
"Because you're INSUFFERABLE, also you fart all the time and it's disgusting"

This fucking show :disco:
I always find these dialogues so scripted and fake in the US version, but it feels so natural in the España edition, I mean, I totally believe she really meant it and isn't unusual someone would say such a thing here :eyes:

I thought this week's main challenge was PAINFUL

Anyway it doesn't matter as long as we get more of Pit Crew bear

¿Hola como estas?

View attachment 9499
O M G! :o I didn't recognize him in the episode, but I know the one on the right, he's a well known eurofan! He was the president of one of those eurovision associations for years. He looks much better now than 15 years ago, wtf!?

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
And while I'm in the mood to post pix 'n' gifs... if you can't handle me at my
tumblr_df60792add6d639e5a2299daaa490028_832ba256_540.gif

...then you don't deserve me at my
onyx-dragraceespana.gif

:tongueout: :horny:

Last edited:
Sorry to jump back but I just finished season 1 and I just have to put my thoughts down, because I think it's the most I've enjoyed any season of Drag Race in about 4-5 years. A truly charming and talented selection of queens, and a production that felt considerably higher-end than Holland, but also just got out of their own way and let the queens generate their own content with classic challenges and lovely interpersonal arcs.

As others have mentioned I was quite taken aback at first by how relatively busted poor old Supremme looked compared to most of the actual competitors. Some of those WIGS :D However, she revealed herself to be truly lovely and naturally empathetic - you could tell she had genuine relationships with some of the girls outside the show and it felt so warm and respectful compared to RuPaul's self-indulgence and insistence on forcing tragic narratives on all the queens.

Carmen was such an obvious winner, but also an entirely satisfying one. Just stunningly beautiful and incredibly talented, but obviously a really nice person too.

I always seem to be drawn to the queen that other fans write off as bland, but I'm sorry, is Killer Queen not possibly the purest soul ever to appear on any version of this franchise? I found her so incredibly heartwarming, and she really was the complete package as a queen, too. Some of the outfits were admittedly a *touch* busy, but her Snatch Game even overcame the language/obscure character barrier for me, and on some occasions her makeup was just gorgeous. I loved her. :shy:

Pupi Poisson must be one of the most busted queens ever to walk the runway? :D She seemed very nice and you could tell she was [Chad Michaels] a professional, but she mostly reminded me of UK Panto Drag. The thing with the knives and then that makeover challenge were truly a 1-2 punch of WTF styling choices.

Sagittaria was... fine and deserved top 3 for the versatility she showed. Dovima seemed more grumpy than outright villainous. I thought they both clearly lacked maturity, and Dovima's exit, while quite the CHOICE, was ultimately a bit disrespectful not just to the show but to her friend. They had their moments though.

Hugáceo Crujiente - amazing visual artist, but obviously struggled a bit with the other elements. Mona Lisa truly was a Snatch Game bomb for the ages.

Arantxa Castilla La Mancha - very charismatic and talented by MY GOD some of those outfits were rough :D

Inti
- Certainly had something, but clearly wasn't in the right headspace for the show.

Drag Vulcano - When she went out I thought she was ludicrously robbed, but then they showed the backstage footage of her being kind of a PILL on the reunion episode and it all made sense. :D Incredible outfits though, I'm sad we didn't see more.

The Macarena - I cannot get over that name. A classic first out.

Loved it! Totally cured my encroaching Drag Race fatigue, and I can't wait to catch up on S2!

Hooray :disco: So far season two unbelievably feels like a STEP UP, or at least on a par.

@VoR - a word of warning, be sure not to make the same mistake I did and assume that Drag Race Italia will scratch that España itch because it's ROTTEN :zombie:

Reactions: VoR
Finally got around to watching the episode. Terrible main challenge, on par with the US improve challenges. Although the top 3 were the strongest.

Thank fuck Samantha is out, they kept rewarding her for being messy. It truly annoyed me when she started taking off shit and you could the producers were done when they cut to the Javi shaking his head.

The Untucked fight was something, I wish it had more time but that line from Juriji is both extremely mean and iconic.

Reactions: COB
Ugh, the more I think about it the more I realise I am OBSESSED with her :disco:

LINE OF THE EPISODE :disco:

I'm all caught up now and loving this season too! Very pleased Samantha and her Milan lip syncs have finally fucked off.

Onyx definitely seems like the kind who would be into really NASTY SHIT :horny: She could fuck me to death and devour my corpse any time she liked.

And I'm kind of living for Marina's smug lesbian TERF aesthetic in her confessionals. :D

1650160287612.png

• Love
If I decide to subscribe to Wow+ again for All Stars 7, perhaps I'll catch it then. At the moment though I really am all dragged out.

Strong recommend if you do. The first season was right up there with UK Season 2 for me, and this season is shaping up to be just as good if not better.

Almost up to date with the new season here. What a show! That talent show episode just kept giving and giving.
The improv one was less so, especially with some of the messier queens.

I’m too totally into Onyx, both sexually and for this looks.

Can’t believe how messy Samantha was. That final lip sync, talk about not getting the song. The Javis crying was a bit too melodramatic though.

• Love
Sharonne to win, please! Not only has she been great in everything so far, but she also look like Dana International.

Well I knew that the eliminated queen was off as soon as she came out in an Ana Locking illusion.

Fun episode, though I was definitely not getting a lot of the references in the musical. The runway had some proper showstopping moments - Sharonne and Marina in particular (Marina just FLIPPING that first wig off her head was incredible) but Estrella and Sethlas were definitely up there as well. LOL at two of the reveals just being coming out in a shell/cocoon that opened, but I suppose Alaska got away with her bin bag reveal on All Stars 2 which was basically the same thing :D

I do enjoy that they're self-aware enough to reference this season's wig issue. I wonder how many weeks in before neither queen removes theirs in the LSFYL? I did feel like poor Juriji's fell off accidentally though :(

What a weird challenge! I guess maybe it makes more sense if you understand the source material? But even by Rusical standards it seemed very confused - it was a Whitney musical, but only for two songs and for no apparent reason?

I did squeal at our first Eurovision reference when they were dancing to Dime! (Should have been the lip sync song!)

Deserved winner, she really was head and shoulders above the rest.

The original film on which the musical is based, written and directed by the Javis, is on Netflix btw.

A really well deserved second win for Sharonne this week, though I really do think you could make a case for her having won all the previous episodes as well :D So far it feels like she's steamrolling this season like Carmen did last year, but let's see what happens. I was really pleased that Juriji had a good week, I was worried she would flounder after being in the bottom but it seems like she managed to use the pressure in the right way. Devastated by which queen went, I'll miss them so much :( Still, that mini challenge prize will hopefully keep them busy for a while...

Also next week's ball theme sounds amazing, and Choriza as a guest judge :disco:

Last edited:
I saw this on Reddit, an explanation of the context behind Sharonne's snatch choice (and how it could have all gone very wrong):

"It's not a problem for me, but It was very kind of you to think about that. Thank you 💖

Here goes the context you need to know about Verónica Forqué and how imo Sharonne's choices have avoided a very uncomfortable situation (*warning: suicide*)

[Verónica Forqué ](https://images.app.goo.gl/wTo9ac3L6FPLZbwH9) was one of Spain's best and most beloved actresses since the 80's. Among other things, still holds the record (along Carmen Maura... coincidentally, the actress also played by Sharonne in the past episode in the Almodóvar runway) of winning the most Goya awards as best actress. Her sweet demeanor (and voice) and quirkiness, along her red hair and bright smile were her trademaks, and as I said before, she was beloved by the general public.

Cut to mid september 2021. A new season of Masterchef Celebrity was premiered in Spain and one of the main protagonists was her as a competitor. But instead of the smiling funny Verónica everyone was expecting, it was shown to us a very volatile person: quick to burst in anger towards the rest of the contestants, whose quirkiness was now a seemingly very unbalanced and strange person. The TV show also encouraged her behaviour as if it were a funny thing. This made her the villain of the season in the public's eyes, her immaculate career soiled in very few weeks. As it is easy to imagine, she received lots of hateful comments.

MC Celebrity finished at the end of november. A couple weeks later Spain woke up with the news that Verónica Forqué commited suicide in her home. During MC she had talked about how she had been suffering from severe depression for several years. Later it was known that she had tried to kill herself several times before.

Everyone was feeling very bad with this outcome, of course. It was debated how the hate comments she received could have been the last push for her. It was debated MC's responsability in all this, as instead of calming her, the show had actively encouraged her stressing out. It was even debated how her family let her be exposed to the public eye knowing that she was not feeling right (this debate was not helped by the tons of other actors who had worked with her telling they didn't recognize the person they watched on TV for the person they had known). It was such a huge scandal that the broadcaster edited Verónica out of an already filmed guest appearance in MC Junior, that was broadcasted like a month later. They knew that broadcasting that would be outrageous for the public.

So, DRES2 snatch-game: It was obviously filmed after MC was broadcasted (Sharonne alludes to things Verónica said during MC) but before Veronica's death (as I'm positive neither Sharonne nor anyone would have made that character choice... Also, the sign before the episode started is a give-away: if they could they would have edited It out, but being the winner performance, they couldn't).
As I said before, when It was anounced before the episode that Verónica was going to be imitated, all of us spaniards cringed as we automatically correctly guessed the timeline where someone would choose Verónica Forqué as a Snatch Game character, and the easy thing to do at that moment for someone to imitate her would be doing a very unhinged person. The easy thing would be to choose the route that Veneditta chose to do Miguel Bosé (formerly known for being an international music star, nowadays known for being a deranged anti-vaccine conspiracy-theorist). Luckily, Sharonne, although including some sentences and mannerisms seen in the later Verónica, she played her with a lot of respect and love, in a middle ground where she still was the version of the Verónica Forqué that Spain has always loved, and not that crazy and strange unpleasant lady that TV has shown us the last time we watched her there.

-.-.-.-

That's it, basically. So sorry for the looooong post! But I hope it helps you non-spanish friends understand how not only a huuuge uncomfortable moment was avoided, but Sharonne's Snatch Game has been, unintentionally, a huge tribute to her 🥲 (And yes, Sharonne was objectively superb! One of the best SG portrayals in all the DR franchises)"

OH and Diamante Merybrown doing boy RuPaul in a facekini speaking broken Spanish in a shitty American accent? INSPIRED :D And yes, better than Trixie but not quite up there with Jessica Wild when it comes to Ru illusions.

Poor sexy Onyx :( Losing her before a ball - and one with a 30th century theme! - feels exceptionally cruel. I can't see Diamante Merrybrown bringing much to that challenge at all.

How sad. This makes me love Sharonne even more. And I agree that this could’ve easily been her 4-5th win! What a star!

Finally a good lip sync, and it was heartbreaking to see Onyx go. He shouldn’t even have been in the bottom, the toothy one should have lip synced instead.

No one cares / has access to this any more?

Or is it the presence of Ruth Lorenzo that has everyone GAGGED?

No one cares / has access to this any more?

Or is it the presence of R*** L******* that has everyone GAGGED DEAD?
Probably the later, yes. Or maybe Eurovision fortnight.

Anyway, shocked they had that TERF as guest jury in this last episode, wtf!? :octy:

I have lots of thoughts on the last two episodes, but for now let's just say...

CARMEN NARANJA :D:D:D

Just watched the finale. What a fabulous season! It generally felt really warm and congenial, but I think I actually prefer that to a bunch of fake drama.

The winner felt very much like a foregone conclusion, but she totally deserved it. She gives me Spanish Chad Michaels vibes.

LOVED Onyx going full Twi'lek on the runway too :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom