Drag Race España chat lounge

Alla

Sábado noche 19 80
Well I watched this, but I can't find a link with subtitles, so hopefully R*** L****** will post one at some point. I'm very curious to know what you think about it, I won't spoil anything until then.

I thought this was great (could do with a lot less of the shrieking though. Mostly from Arantxa)
The drag seems a little less polished than the US series but on a par with UK, Holland and Down Under.

highlight for me was Saggitaria turning up to the Main Stage looking the spit of Sophie Ellis Bextor. I also enjoyed Carmen Farala too - surprised they didn’t get the win.

I was a bit scared but I really liked it, even when I cringed at a couple of things. At least they look more real than the US ones. I don'k know if Moopy is gonna bother with subtitles tho, DR Thailand is the best thing ever and hardly anyone watched it. Oh well!

This was enjoyable, a bit hard to follow cause they speak so fucking fast.

I didn’t think Macarena was the worst. Poopi looked much worse and the other one was giving me even less energy than Pearl.

Let’s hope none of them have done black face.

Also I disliked the deep voiced guest judge. He was unlikeable.

This was enjoyable, a bit hard to follow cause they speak so fucking fast.
:D (so true)

They saved Pupixxxx because she's the most famous one, I guess. I felt sorry for The Macarena, I wanted the other one to go. And excellent song choice for the lipsync, even if starts a bit slow. Mónica Naranjo, of ASFM fame (@Ag)

This was a bit of a painful watch. The queens are too unpolished (but they seem rather nice).

My starsign is Sagittarius so I naturally gravitated towards Sophie-Ellis Bextor/Spanish Aquaria, but the queen who won was fucking amazing, loved her looks. The Versace edition of Cucu Lee Fontaine was only third best, imo.

Pearl needed to sashay away.

Really enjoyed this! All the judges were great, I thought

Can we have some LONG LINGERING SHOTS of the Pit Crew next week por favor

Well this second episode was fantastic! But I'm not sure how much of that you're going to get, unless you watched Veneno (the series), and still. I can't imagine how they subtitle most of the things here, it's mission impossible :D

And OMG the drama in the preview of episode 3, it has everything :disco:

8F2EF9DB-2048-4A46-BFBB-A4E96D8822D0.png

well, I for one didn’t realise that ‘maricones coño’ meant Eat Me :eyes:

@Alla to confirm

I'm still planning on watching this, but will wait until Down Under is finished. By that time hopefully I'll be able to get the whole thing for the cost of only one month's WOW subscription.

Google translate gives us FAG PUSSY
I need the context for a proper translation, but it would be like "girls, come on!" but with fag instead of girl, and coño means cunt and we use it a lot for everything.

I need the context for a proper translation, but it would be like "girls, come on!" but with fag instead of girl, and coño means cunt and we use it a lot for everything.
I have a friend who lived in Vigo for several years. He's lived in many countries and always says the Spanish are best at swearing, and have many wonderful sweary combinations. Twenty years on he still uses a phrase which I believe translates as 'I shit in your mother's cunt'.

I have a friend who lived in Vigo for several years. He's lived in many countries and always says the Spanish are best at swearing, and have many wonderful sweary combinations. Twenty years on he still uses a phrase which I believe translates as 'I shit in your mother's cunt'.
My Mum said there’s a popular one about shitting in your milk (Tenerife).

I thought most of the verses were awful but it was a fun episode.

Carmen is so ahead of the others in terms of looks and performance. Puppi has to be one of the ropiest looking queens ever.

Volcano is a good looking boy but Jesus he’s dull.

finally watched the second half after falling asleep on my first watch (not a reflection on the show, I was just knackered!)

off to do some Veneno research!

I’m liking Inti and Carmen. The bottom two were the correct choices although I feel that it could have gone either way, the safe Queen was very lucky to have stayed.

Jesus Christ at that singing! :D

Sagittaria, I could just eat her up. What a beauty.

I love the two male judges, and I wish they’d keep the diva singer as a permanent judge. The host though is very low energy no?

Carmen just seems miles ahead of most. She’s one of those queens though who look manlier in drag than they do out of drag. In drag she’s very Cynthia Lee Fontaine on steroids.

(He’s the wooden but fit as fuuuuuck pit crew guy from ep 3)

Loved the HIGH DRAMA

didn’t love the pointless end to the proceedings... but still loving the show

What a fun episode. Other franchises need to adapt it.

I appreciate what Inti were doing and I assume it’s an age thing but they were clearly the worst. I thought Supreme came off looking quite good, tough but fair and that outfit was killer.

Surprised they didn’t give the win to Poopi since this was her first decent look.

That lipsync was a snooze fest, they were cutting to the judges more than Dovima.

I’m fancying blonde Javier.

This was such a fun episode. They’re as ropey as fuck, but also really endearing. I’m also loving all the judges, especially the cute, dark haired male.

I don’t know what we missed from the judging, but I really could get why Inti got upset when they were commenting on minor details to her outstanding outfit, while someone like Pupi looked the way she did. She was however really week throughout the challenge.

I too thought Supreme handled it very well.

That was a busy episode 🥴

@Alla I assume all those characters are HOUSEHOLD NAMES?

Really pleased with who stayed! Deserved!

@Alla I assume all those characters are HOUSEHOLD NAMES?
Yeah, I was thinking that it's going to mean nothing for anyone watching abroad :D I mean, even if you are aware of Eurovision Karina, you probably have no idea she behaves like a 10 yo girl. And some of them are hard to understand even doing a search, as Encani, one of the crazy sisters that appear 2 or 3 times on tv decades ago, but they're still remembered for all the wrong reasons. And it was spot on, like Karina and some others. There were some flops too, but overall it was really good and I couldn't stop laughing, but I guess it's impossible for you to understand much of that nonsense.

Yeah I didn’t get the jokes but I was thoroughly entertained. What a lovely strong group of queens, even Dovima and her flatness have a place (not sure about Puppi, because if she can’t win snatch game then what’s the point)

Deserved winner, I had no idea who the woman was but she made so much sense. Sagittaria was a close second.

Also excelled runways all around. I know everyone not on American drag race is considered busted but they all looked fabulous this week.

Hugacio is great visually. They can’t tell a joke to save their lives but the Mona Lisa was hilarious when she wasn’t talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom