Drag Race France

I liked the premier, a bit too long but otherwise decent drag.

Bertha is an early favorite, I also fancy him out of drag. Soa’s song was fantastic. I also thought Paloma and Banana did very well.

I find Grande Dame to be utterly humorless for a 22 year old.

That was a very enjoyable premier. As mentioned above it’s calmer than the US and UK shows but definitely on par with Canada and Espana.
I disagreed with the results though, I thought Briochee was the best and wanted her to win. Her ”derriére le glam il y a du drame” confession quote should have been enough to give her the win. :disco:

I felt sorry for the Tunisian queen who left, her talent show was one of the more interesting, but that lip sync was awful.

Liberté, Egalité, Jean-Paul Gaultier! :disco:

Episode 2: A lady Oscar reference on the runway :disco: and she carried that challenge on her back. She reminds me of an Almodovar character.

I would have put La Briochée at the top over Grande Dame since she gave both performance and a fun look. Also that guest judge went for the jugular with Dame, it was savage.

Kam should have been in the bottom over the other 2.

Episode 2: A lady Oscar reference on the runway :disco: and she carried that challenge on her back. She reminds me of an Almodovar character.

I would have put La Briochée at the top over Grande Dame since she gave both performance and a fun look. Also that guest judge went for the jugular with Dame, it was savage.

Kam should have been in the bottom over the other 2.
I didn’t really get the judging this week. Soa was actually one of the funniest, but they went hard on her for choosing a character similar to her own. Calm down it’s only week two! Kam could have easily been placed in the bottom.

I love this season! Paloma was amazing. I loved La Grande Dame's look. I think Soa was judged harshly, but it's part of her Adore narrative I think.

Marianne James was a great guest judge - none of the fawning or softly-softly shit we see in the US. She went in, and she committed.

Lova was out of her depth, but seemed very sweet.

I feel I'm enjoying this season as much as All Winners.

I love this season! Paloma was amazing. I loved La Grande Dame's look. I think Soa was judged harshly, but it's part of her Adore narrative I think.

Marianne James was a great guest judge - none of the fawning or softly-softly shit we see in the US. She went in, and she committed.

I agree, the guest judge was very good. I wish they’d make her one of the regular judges.

We’ve only seen two episodes but I’m liking this better than any other international drag race.

Marianne James DELIVERED! I enjoyed her so much as a Eurovision commentator, so much more than that old queen Stephane Bern.

Bless Lova, her thick southern accent and broken joints.

Of course I do! I watched Loft Story almost exactly 20 years ago when I lived in France and when she appeared to the world. What a mess. :disco:

Oh ooh and I saw her in the steet when I was in Nice in 2013.
I spoke to her on the phone while high on coke :disco:

I hope someone does her on snatch game!

I thought there were a few serves (mainly Kam’s pigeon look which was to die for) but a lot of the made from scratch dresses were terrible.

I was disappointed with Big Bertha’s, the water gimmick didn’t do it for me.

What a runway (but I agree with Phoe, there were a couple of fails too).

So sad to see Briochée go, she was one of my faves and her last speech was really lovely. :( I would have put the annoying Big Bertha in the bottom and sent her home. I hated that fountain look.

And call me basic and a perv but I’m so attracted to Kam.

Oh and Grande Dame in that workroom white suit looked like Lurch from the Adam’s family.

La Grande Dame should have won the ball - her three looks were sublime. Kam's Pigeon was great, but I was less impressed by the other two. I thought Elips's self-constructed look was actually very good - simple, chic but a little pedestrian.

It's a shame La Briochée had to go. I would have preferred it to be La Big Bertha - her looks are underwhelming and her food-related humour is repetitive. But that lip sync was made for Soa, even if she didn't go as hard as she could have.

Lol we got a message on screen as soon as the lipsync started that the song is not allowed in our territory so we just watched them lipsync to background music.

Anyway, I thought the reading was mostly dreadful. It could be French humor but most of it was not funny.

Thank god the snatch game worked. I thought they were setting up Soa for failure when no one said anything about Felindra (I mean the woman hasn’t uttered a word in 20 years) but she pulled it through. However I thought Elips deserved the top over her (her look was weak but she got the most screen time during Snatch Game).

Grande Dame was brilliant, both her snatch game and runway. A very deserved winner, she’s very much giving me Aquaria vibes.

Paloma was also a treasure.

The remaining were all bad, I’m over Big Bertha. Not sad to see Kam go.

I guess I’m gonna spend the rest of the night watching Fort Boyard on YouTube.

Lol we got a message on screen as soon as the lipsync started that the song is not allowed in our territory so we just watched them lipsync to background music.

Anyway, I thought the reading was mostly dreadful. It could be French humor but most of it was not funny.

Thank god the snatch game worked. I thought they were setting up Soa for failure when no one said anything about Felindra (I mean the woman hasn’t uttered a word in 20 years) but she pulled it through. However I thought Elips deserved the top over her (her look was weak but she got the most screen time during Snatch Game).

Grande Dame was brilliant, both her snatch game and runway. A very deserved winner, she’s very much giving me Aquaria vibes.

Paloma was also a treasure.

The remaining were all bad, I’m over Big Bertha. Not sad to see Kam go.
I can confirm that the reading was rubbish. Snatch game was good.

It was La Grand Dame’s week, she’s definitely proving to be a fully realised queen.

I’m so glad Paloma didn’t follow Nicky’s advice; I love Fanny Ardant and she did her so well! :disco:

Grande Dame was the clear winner, for me she won the reading challenge too.

The irony of Big Bertha complaining about Lolita being all over the place. She’s fucking annoying, her confessionals are just annoying drag lingo shit and her looks are ugly and unpolished. Go home already!

I finally caught up with Snatch Game, and I am a full-blown Paloma stan. She was sublime as Fanny. Better than La Grande Dame IMO, who was also very strong.

Kam's runway was great, but her lip synch was so painfully white that it was clearly curtains for her.

I'm a Paloma stan, but she was the worst performer this week. She was awful in the challenge, and lost the lip synch. Elips is very talented, but lacks Charisma and, most importantly, NERVE.

But really, when is La Big Bertha going to fuck off?

And why was La Grande Dame the only one not to have a shake 'n' go looking wig? I was channelling this the whole way through the runway:

I didn’t care for this episode. Also another lipsync without the song for international which is looking amateurish now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom