Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home

you're a good girl and you KNOW it

• Total voters
He’s had a lot of misses lately, but he’s had a lot of good tracks as well, and this is among his best

an exquisitely great R&B classic. Majid does a gorgeous job on the backing vocals and Drake has never sounded smoother. it's like some lost classic from the 70s through a modern lens. A+

definitely in contention for his best song ever, and a highlight of the last decade.

I have two things to say

1) I hate Drake and think he’s one of the most overrated artists of all time, and I hate almost his entire catalogue, and I blame him for trap music, mumble rap and pretty much everything shite from black music since about 2011

2) this song is the absolute LIVING TITS

I have two things to say

1) I hate Drake and think he’s one of the most overrated artists of all time, and I hate almost his entire catalogue, and I blame him for trap music, mumble rap and pretty much everything shite from black music since about 2011

2) this song is the absolute LIVING TITS
1. Drake is not responsible for trap music and almost none of his music is trap

2. He’s not a mumble rapper

3. This song is the living tits, I agree

1. Drake is not responsible for trap music and almost none of his music is trap

2. He’s not a mumble rapper

3. This song is the living tits, I agree

1. I disagree

2. I strongly disagree

3. Lovely!

I would hardly call him a mumble rapper either. there are many actual mumble rappers out there. his rap ability has never been in question, it's his turgid lyricism and sometimes dreary/monotonous music that's more often the problem of late. and yeah he largely skirted trap...

1. I disagree

2. I strongly disagree

3. Lovely!
I don’t mean to be an asshole about this, but trap is a specific genre of rap music, not just a general term for rap you don’t like. It’s like calling a random trance song house

And I’m not being argumentative, but drake is largely regarded as a big part of the trap movement

Even a simple Google search will bring his name up first in a description of trap

Trap isn’t the original underground thing with rappers rapping about drugs. It evolved into a sound. Drake has done many songs with the commercial trap sound

I’m just saying I dont like it. It’s ok to like Drake. I really dont.

to be fair, I would take it from two people who do listen to Drake (voluntarily!) that each of his last 4-5 albums contain hip-hop, dancehall, soul-tinged R&B and synthpop, but very little if anything that really fits any definition of trap.

Trap is the defining musical sound of the city I live in, and I don’t care what Wikipedia says, Drake is not an important part of it

:ken: Ok…

I just think it’s fine to disagree on artists, let’s leave it there! Really not a big deal.

He has a lot of songs I like at the moment and then lose interest. This is the one exception. 2013 really was a phenomenal year for pop music.

It's very good. It's one of those songs I know I'll upgrade to 10/10 if I listened to it a few more times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom