Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (the Grammy winning imperial era)

Don't Start Now has passed 1.3bn streams :o insane! the album is in Spotify's 5/10 most streamed every week still.

1.3bn Don't Start Now
565m Break My Heart
438m Physical
344m Levitating (both)
133m Hallucinate
83m Fever
82m Future Nostalgia
72m Pretty Please
66m Cool
64m Love Again
49m Good in Bed
42m Boys Will Be Boys

for comparison's sake, the most streamed album tracks on Chromatica are Alice and Free Woman with 44-45m, and the least is 1000 Doves with 26m. so clearly Future Nostalgia had a much longer shelf life, although we knew this.

Gaga stans and others still screaming "payola" at this on social media :emoji_expressionless:

Future Nostalgia sold 6k for a 296k total last week, so it will officially hit platinum before Friday. ABOUT TIME.

would be interested to see a breakdown of actual sales vs points. for sales maybe around 100k?

What were the other performances from other artists like? Because she still seems kinda limp and disinterested in that performance.

I watched the first minute of that performance and then I switched off. It didn't exactly... grab me, I'll say that much.

The performance is... okay. It gets better when 'Don't Start Now' kicks in but I'm still very much on the fence about her as a live act. There's just something missing.

Not to sound like a deluded fan, but her slight awkwardness is part of her thing

her slight awkwardness is part of her thing

THIS I believe, but she needs to make that more obvious. She needs to show that she's "in on the joke". Because at the moment, it's looking like she's an insecure awkward girl who hates her own choreo.

they really thought We're Good was going to do something when Love Again and Cool are sitting RIGHT THERE :confused:

will they release something else to keep the Grammys momentum going? I mean, That Kind Of Woman kinda slaps, HARD.

it's SMASHING. will also likely get a new Hot 100 peak very soon

I mean it’s utterly fabulous. But it’s ridiculous, Tiktok simply pushing this now back to a new peak in the UK about five months after it actually peaked is nuts. The charts really are screwed! Still, Dua up :disco:

Dua was the highlight of the Versace spring 2022 collection.

She opened the show, closed the show and walked out at the end with Donatella.

Oh...and the show's soundtrack was ALLLL Dua :disco:
(also Naomi is in it)

I love this album so much. I haven't tired of it a bit. Break My Heart is Dua's definitive track for me. In my Top 10 songs of all time tbh

Don't Start Now turns 2 YEARS OLD (!) today.

a classic. :disco:

It still sounds fresh as the first time I played it!

big shout out to the Purple Disco Machine, Pink Panda and Live in L.A. mixes :disco:! A REMIX package!

This is album of the whole lockdown covid period I think. I will remember it bringing pop joy during the first scary lockdown

The bathroom lines are going to be long during act 2

x2

Unless that sorry ass medley somehow shoehorns Love Is Religion and That Kind Of Woman. Still; She should have swapped a couple of these for older singles. Poor Hotter Than Hell.

Did she decide to do the one song on the album that everyone agrees is shit? :eyes:

the set list is amazing.

I really want to see this, reminded me of her MEDLEY at last years Brits, entirely what this years was missing in terms of a bit of pop glamour.

I think she considers Future Nostalgia her PROPER first album. the debut is paid dust. and we love to see it!

Why is it noteworthy that she’s singing live? Isn’t that kind of expected?

I like all the songs in act 2 pretty much but it’s clearly not what most of the fans want! She’ll be in Atlanta on Saturday and I’m going and ready for some live and raw vocals

popstars who do choreo tend to rely a lot on backing tracks hun! hence why I said she's not doing energetic choreo 😌 please don't come for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom