Dua Lipa x Elton John - Cold Heart (Pnau Remix)

Sorry but she scores major -50 points for collaborating with him and the song is shit. Yeah okay Future Nostalgia was good but don't let lockdown cloud your judgement gays.

Last edited:
well I was being a little facetious. But @funky’s post did sound like Madonna. I don’t think Dua is the new Madonna really but she is the pop star I’ve been most excited about in years. And if that’s basic, so be it

funky found furiously googling Jungle album release date (it's today hun)

I wouldn't pay much attention to @funky in 2021 to be honest.

All because someone dared to make a very loose connection to Madonna :basil:

Dua Lipa is not close to Madonna on a broad scale, of course not. But right now, Dua Lipa is 100x what Madonna is as a pop star.

:isaidwhatisaid:

Love Again up to 68 on Spotify with its biggest daily streams yet. Cold Heart is low-key smashing — in at 7 in Australia, 33 UK and doing well at US radio.

HER POWER IS LIMITLESS.

Is 'low key smashing' the hyperbolic version of 'doing okay'?
no! it got 8.5m streams first week - that's more than Love Again or solo Levitating got in the last week. it's performing more like a new (deluxe) track from Dua Lipa than an Elton John song.

also it's a relaxed disco song from a heritage act and that is not in any way US radio bait :eyes:

forget Nine Perfect Strangers or MOOD RING. the best wellness cure right now is Dua Lipa herself :disco: her power! Rina and Gaga didn't get hits out of Elton but Miss Dua is GOLD.

#4 in Australia

Elton hasn't been in the top 40 here, let alone the top 5, since Candle In The Wind 1997. Obviously I'm having a quiet fume that Dua couldn't push Madonna or Kylie to this kind of chart success but I'm still very pleased to see an older/legacy artist having success in the singles chart

top 5 in the UK mids!

this Blessed Madonna remix is tits-out nutrition :disco:

People having a pop at Queen E after all that he‘s done.

I don’t get it.

The music might not be to your liking which I entirely understand but his legacy is mind blowing.

People having a pop at Queen E after all that he‘s done.

I don’t get it.

The music might not be to your liking which I entirely understand but his legacy is mind blowing.

this all day long

He’s something like the 5th biggest selling artist of ALL TIME in America. His catalogue is insane. Of course some duds along the way particularly considering he was barely conscious for a good period of the 70s, but overall what a selection to choose from!

177The Beatles
134.5Elvis Presley
128Garth Brooks
111.5Led Zeppelin
100Eagles
81.5Billy Joel
74.5Pink Floyd
72Elton John
70.5ACDC
71.5Barbra Streisand

Actually 4th solo and 7th overall in album sales. Higher than MJ, Springsteen and Madonna. QUEEN!

Well most of his music is NOT TO MY TASTE, and at his peak he copied the Bowie GLAM thing PLUS he is just an ODIOUS person which really gets in the way.

I am not DENYING the fact that he's sold millions of records or whatever.

177The Beatles
134.5Elvis Presley
128Garth Brooks
111.5Led Zeppelin
100Eagles
81.5Billy Joel
74.5Pink Floyd
72Elton John
70.5ACDC
71.5Barbra Streisand

Actually 4th solo and 7th overall in album sales. Higher than MJ, Springsteen and Madonna. QUEEN!
I mean Il Divo were big at their time. Janet Jackson has more Grammys than Bowie. Justin Bieber is probably one of the best selling artist of the 2010s. What's your POINT?

Well most of his music is NOT TO MY TASTE, and at his peak he copied the Bowie GLAM thing PLUS he is just an ODIOUS person which really gets in the way.

I am not DENYING the fact that he's sold millions of records or whatever.
He’s spikey for sure.

But he’s done so much for the greater good.

I think Rocketman made me realise how big he was.
I think it was that compilation he had in the early 90s (which The immaculate Collection held off #1 for a couple of months if memory serves) which did it for me.

Denial of the classics is frankly embarrassing.

I don’t think Bowie OWNED glam :D

(although he did do it better)

also I’m not sure Justin Bieber being big in the 10s is quite the same as 77m album sales in one country, but I know you’re just being facetious so CARRY ON :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom