Dua Lipa x Elton John - Cold Heart (Pnau Remix)

I don’t think Bowie OWNED glam :D

(although he did do it better)

also I’m not sure Justin Bieber being big in the 10s is quite the same as 77m album sales in one country, but I know you’re just being facetious so CARRY ON :disco:
Of course he didn't; in fact even he was heavily inspired by Marc Bolan of course, amongst others.

It's just that by the time Elton did it he turned it into some UNAPPEALING CARICATURE and sucked all the SEX out of it.

Loving this remix

#2 in the UK midweeks, behind Ed Sheeran. For Elton to get a #1 at 74 (and 50+ years after his first hit) would be amazing, and it'd be nice for Dua too since none of the FN singles made it. I know it goes without saying but Ed really is evil

I'll be pleased for both of them if it hit #1 (even more so in the face of the competition) but I can't get behind this song really. It still feels somehow kind of anaemic to me.

None of the singles off Future Nostalgia have been #1 in the UK? :o
generous queen leaving space for other popstars who don't have legendary albums to make themselves feel better by scoring a cheap #1.

I really liked the sound of it when I first heard it because it reminds me of a lot of the nu disco stuff that's out there, but I got bored of it quickly. It's very watered down nu disco. But still better than most of the Top 100.

deserved. :disco:

if the dreaded Ed/Elton duet goes Christmas #1, which it surely will, Miss John will have bagged herself two UK #1s in the year of our lord 2021. how UNFORESEEN. new big pop kween confirmed!

Surely Cliff did it first.

“[Sir] Elton leapfrogs ahead of five other music legends – Elvis, Cher, Cliff Richard, Michael Jackson and David Bowie – who have each landed at least one Top 10 single in five different decades.”

I fucking hate the OCC.

Perhaps they are arguing the 50s ones don’t count because they were ‘Cliff Richard and The Drifters’.

Genuinely first assumed that that was a picture of Dua’s Nan opening up her 90th birthday card

Impressive! Who would have the endurance to go through six decades of back catalogue to find one obscure but fitting song?

I’m actually seeing him live on Thursday and I’m hoping for virtual Dua and virtual Britney

• Love
Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom