Eastenders 2022

I wonder when we'll start seeing the new producer's work on screen? I think I read he technically starts working on the show from the New Year on, so probably quite a while yet :eyes:

Location filming! Well, some stock footage of the beach and a different café set :tongueout:

Thought we were about to get a Julia's Theme for Iqra there - surely NOT!

I had such high hopes for Iqra and Habiba when they joined the show thinking we were going to get a new Ronnie and Roxy after they stupidly killed them off and then they gave us very little. Shows how poor the shows writing has been when they couldn’t turn these two in to ICONS.

Reactions: COB
That scene with Honey and her in the hospital was incredible, she's definitely my favourite character in the show at the moment - there's so many layers to her, and so much hurt and anger driving her every move. I can't take my eyes off her when they give her scenes like that one.

So is this Phil going down for life for two months again while Steve McFadden goes off to do panto?

Surely that's not Ash gone for good as well? She has to be there for the eventual Suki BREAKDOWN :shock:

Oh wow :o I can't see the rest of the Carters hanging around long after him.

Something about rats and a sinking ship comes to mind.

Not surprised Danny is leaving, Mick and the Carter's in general haven't had any decent storylines for years. I hope they don't kill him off though, or Linda. Just rest them for a while.

Not surprised Danny is leaving, Mick and the Carter's in general haven't had any decent storylines for years. I hope they don't kill him off though, or Linda. Just rest them for a while.
It’s got to be partly due to the two maternity leaves of Kellie Bright, forcing Linda to have another surprise pregnancy and the feeble ways she was written out for a year. Particularly the last one following the alcoholism and abuse stories. It clearly disrupted the flow of the stories of the rest of the Carter family.

Last edited:
Bringing Nancy back has been a bright spot for the Carters. I imagine the Johnny's leaving was frustrating, as a Carter-Mitchell union would have been up there on the ideas board. But at the end of the day Linda's constant absence must have been the most annoying. I believe he's expressed frustration and threatened to leave before during the various affairs, which do against everything the characters are about.

Has he not been offered a BUMPER PAYCHECK to go to SKY?

Linda sticking around very long without Mick feels unlikely, but I hope it doesn't mean we're losing Shirley - it might be fun having her go back to more of a loner type of character without her family around.

Can you imagine a SKY DRAMA going on for more than a year or two?

Antagonist for Carter exit storyline revealed:
Aunt-Babe-shock-return-7ad9.jpg

(I wish :()

Can you imagine a SKY DRAMA going on for more than a year or two?

He will be the head of some gangland murderers or the like akin to what he was famous for before he joined Eastenders. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t come back as he IS a pretty big name.

Also as much as it KILLS ME to say that if Eastenders keeps following its current trajectory I don’t think it will be HERE in 5 years time. So other than a possible cameo (if they don’t kill him off) I think that will be the last we see of Mick. :(

They really need a shake up, as much as I enjoy parts of the show there is a bit of a feeling that they're just spinning their wheels and it'll be diminishing returns from now on.

I'll be optimistic about the upcoming new producer (because I always am until their work is on screen to judge), but I always worry that just getting people who've previously worked on the show can create a bit of a cycle where they're embedded in the culture and can't look outside it to make the hard decisions that are probably needed. I often think that when people think about shake-ups it's about getting rid of actors, but there in my view there should be a proper gutting of the writing/storylining side of things which is where a lot of the problems stem from.

I don't know if this person exists, but I'd love them to get basically an equivalent to what Russell T Davies was for Doctor Who - a successful TV writer/producer in their own right with a very genuine and deep love of the show, who could come onboard to radically change it into something properly exciting and modern.

The abrupt axing of Ash and Iqra particularly in the midst of a white supremacist storyline and the building of a mosque in Walford was a bit weird. Ash had so much potential as a character. At the very least they seriously need to hang on to Suki and Kheerat - Vinny is a bit of a non-entity at the moment.

They need to bring in some new characters instead of bringing back old ones. Janine is the exception, but I don't want any talk of bringing back Alfie or Bianca etc. So long as Lacey Turner doesn't get pregnant AGAIN.

I've seen it suggested elsewhere that the plans for New Year got changed due to fear of a backlash, and that the bomb originally WAS going to go off... Perhaps these two characters, and anyone else who abruptly leaves in the next few weeks, were originally going to be casualties of that :eyes:

The abrupt axing of Ash and Iqra particularly in the midst of a white supremacist storyline and the building of a mosque in Walford was a bit weird. Ash had so much potential as a character. At the very least they seriously need to hang on to Suki and Kheerat - Vinny is a bit of a non-entity at the moment.

They need to bring in some new characters instead of bringing back old ones. Janine is the exception, but I don't want any talk of bringing back Alfie or Bianca etc. So long as Lacey Turner doesn't get pregnant AGAIN.

Is that Ash GONE? I thought she had just moved out.

Might also because Human Traffic 2 is suppose to be filming this year — if they get the financing lol :D

Edit TRAFFIC not remains :D

Last edited:
I've seen it suggested elsewhere that the plans for New Year got changed due to fear of a backlash, and that the bomb originally WAS going to go off... Perhaps these two characters, and anyone else who abruptly leaves in the next few weeks, were originally going to be casualties of that :eyes:
Thinking more about this Iqra's leaving scene was just her and Bobby, and the one a few weeks before Christmas where she mentioned the new job was the two of them in the restaurant with a few extras, both would've been very easy to film later and slot in. I'm leaning towards her definitely being a goner in the explosion. Ash was probably injured in the explosion but had the same conflict with Suki and left as we saw on screen (with the homophobic attack being filmed later and inserted so those scenes made sense). Having said that it's all just speculation and we don't know how far any plans actually got, but I do feel like those Iqra scenes were too WEIRD to have been originally intended like that.

I doubt they got so far as to film scenes where the bomb went off as there has been too much aftermath that suggests Aaron didn’t go through with it, and there’ll be plenty stuff with Ben following the homophobic attack and so on.

It’s an interesting theory though and I can believe that there was a U-turn of some description quite late in the day.

Oh I hope so, I always enjoy when she pops back in. The attack did involve characters who were all in the Albert at NYE, so it's possible there was a point where something was rewritten - @Pingu I think you're right that they wouldn't have filmed anything though, as it would've required a pretty big setup with effects and temporarily altering part of the outdoor set, and if they'd done that without using the footage you know there'd be plenty of headlines about the BBC wasting money from certain places :D

I always like it when the online spoilers or TV guide synopsis of post-Christmas/New Year episodes always says “The residents of Albert Square are trying to get over the events of the night before”, which they did again this year, only there wasn’t all that much to get over. It was only Sonia who had a particular shock on Christmas Day.

• BOOM BOOM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom