Eastenders 2022

I'm still aghast that Fatboy got killed off by getting locked in the boot of a car that was then CRUSHED INTO A CUBE - not to mention that they explicitly established him having issues with claustrophobia beforehand. Surely one of the nastiest things to ever happen to a non-villainous character in the show's history?

Watching this week's episodes now, and OMG at
Ben punching Kathy in the face :shock: Accidental or not, I gasped!

That was a fantastic week!
It really was. Ben is an excellent character.

And the Panesar trauma was top notch stuff.

EE seems to have a bit of edge again, thank God. I've noticed a bit more low-key swearing.

Reactions: COB
New character announced:
Little Mo's son Freddie Slater - she got pregnant with him after she was raped by a guy named Graham, though I think she was married to Billy at the time so I'm assuming that will be who he shows up to meet. Played by Bobby Brazier, AKA Jade Goody's son :shock:

72ED1FEE-A6BC-4E5C-8E26-38156EE85565.jpeg

Bobby-Brazier-EastEnders-Freddie-Slater-502d9ac.jpg

I doubt this means we'll be getting a Little Mo return, but I wonder if Kacey Ainsworth might be up for an Alfie-style video call or two :eyes:

Interesting! Though sad they're getting a different actress as Glenda, I'm sure the ageless Glynis Barber would've had another crack at it if they'd asked her :tongueout: I'm also hoping that the entirely invented/retconned Mitchell feud with Claudette Hubbard is referenced heavily :disco:

Another strong week.

The Ben/ Phil/ Kathy stuff was great. Obviously anything with Suki and Kheerat is top notch stuff. Although the sleazy uncle is a shit actor.

Not sure what I think of the two new boys. The straight one is as camp as the gay one.

The Phil and Ben scenes were so good, I always forget that Steve McFadden can actually be quite good at this sort of emotional stuff - it's so rare that he gets to do much beyond anger.

Also, he's clearly an arrogant bugger and a total wrong 'un but this Ravi chap is extremely attractive. Best soap hunk since Kush (RIP) :disco:

Christ, went to bed last night and tried to catch up on 2001 Eastenders which is leading up to Phil being shot very soon. Lisa as a character is such whiney cow, I had to stop watching because her being a miserable weakling was so irritating. I didn’t notice it too much at the time, but it’s never quite explained WHY she’s so obsessed with being in a relationship with Phil when he clearly despised her.

I know that in more recent years they've written Lisa as having mental health issues, though I can't remember whether that was the case back in her original stint too.

I know that in more recent years they've written Lisa as having mental health issues, though I can't remember whether that was the case back in her original stint too.
If it was, it certainly wasn’t done anywhere near as delicately as it would be nowadays. It was good to see her come back and be done justice as more of a three-dimensional character this time around.

I note that we finally saw him sans turban/bandana for the first time ever, either this week or last :o

I note that we finally saw him sans turban/bandana for the first time ever, either this week or last :o
It was funny I was looking him up only the same day I watched that episode to get some hot hair shots.

Good for Stacey. Love that HER WIFE is going to be pegging his mum.

Eve is a fantastic character. I can’t think if we’ve had anyone like her before. I also love the dynamic between her and Stacey and how they’ve really stuck with their friendship/marriage rather than have their strange set-up just for a short gimmick.

This week...
Yolande on the other end of a phone, what a throwback!

Is it still all released on a Monday? I am terribly behind and I can’t really be arsed catching up. It is so much easier tuning in when it is on consecutive nights so will just use this thread to keep up to date.

Yes, but I think this might be the last week they're doing it since the Commonwealth Games finished today and I don't think there's any more sport to disrupt the schedule this summer (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that though). It has still been shown at the usual times this summer as well though, just on BBC2 instead of 1!

Yes, but I think this might be the last week they're doing it since the Commonwealth Games finished today and I don't think there's any more sport to disrupt the schedule this summer (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that though). It has still been shown at the usual times this summer as well though, just on BBC2 instead of 1!

Oh. I had no idea it was on BBC2. Am I right in saying it wasn’t throughout Wimbledon? I am pretty sure I checked to start with, but may have changed with the Commonwealth Games?

Oh. I had no idea it was on BBC2. Am I right in saying it wasn’t throughout Wimbledon? I am pretty sure I checked to start with, but have changed with the Commonwealth Games?
It's not stopped!

It's not stopped!

Really? I just got put totally out of sync with Wimbledon followed by the Commonwealth Games. I never realised it was on BBC2. @lolly is that the BBC2 figure consolidated with catch up that you have in the ratings thread then? I thought it was all just catch up. 🙈

I've not noticed which channel it was originally broadcast on, but yes it would include all catch up figures, regardless.

BUT I bet I am not the only one who didn’t know it was getting shown on BBC2 at the same time it was usually getting shown on BBC1. I say that on one hand, but I don’t think the figures differ greatly to what they do when they are on BBC1 these days. So yeah…

i-might-be-an-idiot-liz-lemon.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom