Eastenders 2022

OK so I caught up with the last couple of episodes and I’m finding it really quite watchable at the moment. Suki is a really fascinating character, and the Gray storyline is much better having been brought down to earth as a coercive control storyline. I just don’t understand why they couldn’t have done this a year ago without all the Tina and Kush nonsense.

Reactions: COB
I'm now wondering if they'll tie Mick's exit into the Gray storyline. If it comes out that he killed Tina, surely Mick and Shirley would be the top suspects in any sort of whodunnit...

Are we getting the beginning of the end of the Aaron storyline? I assume he won't just leave and there's more to come, but tonight's episodes did feel like they were moving things along much quicker than usual.

Are we getting the beginning of the end of the Aaron storyline? I assume he won't just leave and there's more to come, but tonight's episodes did feel like they were moving things along much quicker than usual.
It’s a bit weird how he’s being redeemed for some reason, just because he wasn’t up for setting off a bomb doesn’t mean his far right views have disappeared.

Will that be IT? I hope we at least get some scenes of him talking to the police tomorrow, or something.

Drama Channel Classic Eastenders update - Charlie Brooks’ debut as Janine was on today. It was the same episode as Matthew Rose being first arrested for Saskia’s murder!

God I'm sick of Billy Mitchell, what's the POINT of any of his stupid comedy storylines? The scenes with him and Karen tonight felt like they were written by someone who didn't do their research - these are two characters who had a romantic relationship relatively recently (which didn't end particularly acrimoniously), they wouldn't have been so rude to each other :shock:

FB_IMG_1642794476579.jpg

Screenshot_20220121-194959_Google.jpg

• Wow
EASTENDERS’ Sam Mitchell is returning to Albert Square — with Kim Medcalf again taking on the role rather than Danniella Westbrook.

Sam — daughter of Queen Vic boss Peggy Mitchell — made her Walford debut in 1990, played by a 17-year-old Danniella.

But as the actress fought drug addiction she was replaced by Kim in 2002.

Kim, 48, played Sam until 2005. Danniella, 48, reprised the role in 2009 and then again in 2016, when Sam joined her family for Peggy’s funeral.

Yesterday, EastEnders confirmed Kim has been re-cast as Sam, who abandoned son Ricky when she quit Walford.

And sources said BBC soap bosses — who have been in talks with Kim since last autumn — are planning a series of explosive storylines.

One said: “Sam’s return has been on the cards for some time. They felt she was a natural fit for this version of Sam. It’s nothing against Danniella, she created an icon as the character.

“But as often happens in soaps, the bosses wanted to recast and take Sam in a different direction. Kim is due to begin filming in two weeks and everyone is very excited.”

Kim said: “When the BBC approached me last year to reprise the role of Sam I was thrilled.

“She’s a brilliant character and I can’t wait to get back in the Square and work with the amazing cast.”

BBC head of continuing drama Kate Oates: “I have long wanted to bring Sam back into the family fold. Her return is guaranteed to be explosive.”

Danelle "gissusajob" Westbrook said to be FUMING

Holy shit! There have been certain corners of the fanbase who have been asking for this for YEARS :D I definitely don't think they ever should have got Daniella back after Kim, it was a WEIRD precedent to set and I'd grown much fonder of Kim's version of the character.

Brilliant! They never should have let Westbrook back in 2009. Loved Kim's version of Sam.

It does seem weird that Jack has been raising their child alone with no mention of her for so long, and Phil being all about "family" just forgetting that he has a nephew across the road.

It was always a bit of a shame that they did a lot of work to develop the character when Kim played her, then immediately dropped it all and turned her back into a two-dimensional tart when they un-recast her. It makes me wonder how the writers and Kim will characterise her this time, presumably some sort of attempt to merge everything together and try to make it make sense. Good luck! :tongueout:

I wonder if this has ever happened in a British soap before? I assume the US daytime soaps have had all sorts of recasts and recast reversals :D

Sam going mad, roughing up Tracey/tying her up, then heading down to the cellar to DIG UP DEN WATTS was the stuff of legend :disco:

This is obviously RIDICULOUS, but a good move. Now bring back zombie Ronnie & Roxie.

I get why they brought Danniella back at the time (they had Ricky and Bianca back and wanted to recapture the dynamic the three of them had), but it set a really WEIRD precedent that I'm not sure was too helpful in the long term. It also didn't help that Kim Medcalf was a stronger actress and had been written so the character developed realistically as a Mitchell (she was almost a proto-Ronnie in a lot of ways) so the shift back to reality TV star Danniella Westbrook (let's be honest) basically playing HERSELF and getting worse with each reappearance was extra jarring.

I wonder if this is part of an attempt to build the Mitchells back up, possibly to prepare for them to retake the Vic once Mick leaves. As a family they've been a bit scattered to the four winds, with Phil getting absorbed into the Slaters and Ben living with Callum... as well as Sam they could easily bring back Louise (with or without a recast), and I'm sure they could entice Ross Kemp back for a week or two for a big storyline like he's done in the past. There are also the likes of Courtney and Mark Jr., who previous producers had pop in for brief stints but could very easily be developed into permanent characters.

Courtney and Mark Jr.
Now that I think about it, didn't they have these two fancy each other and almost get together before finding out they were brother and sister, or something? Perhaps NOT then :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom