Eastenders 2022

So Mila is leaving now too? That's three queer non-white women axed in one month :shock:

So Mila is leaving now too? That's three queer non-white women axed in one month :shock:

The writing is pretty TERRIBLE on a whole. I see what you are saying in that it is 3 non white lesbians that have been axed but none of them will be missed as the characters were never made to be more than extras with a few more lines. Iqra was promising initially but went nowhere. I did really like Ash, but again she got pushed to the background very quickly and I know virtually zilch about Mila other than her initial storyline.

Yeah, one of my biggest pet hates on a soap is when a character is axed and there's a quote from the producers saying something like "their storylines came to a natural end" - surely the job of the writers is to make sure that doesn't happen?

Oh for sure. Let’s be honest BILLY MITCHELL came to a natural end around 2 decades ago yet he STILL shows up.

It looks like the Gray comeuppance may be coming from next week finally!

In other news, Drama Channel 1999 Eastenders has just welcomed back Daniella Westbrook - pre public knowledge of her collapsed nose so they’re shooting her from a weird angle to try and hide it. I can’t believe I didn’t notice this at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
I didn't know that, I always assumed it happened during a break from the show :o

What a grim ending tonight! This MUST mean the end is coming for Gray, finally :o

The more I think about it, does it make sense for Tina to be there? I always assumed Gray would have taken her out to some woods or something, but then I suppose driving out somewhere and burying the body properly would've taken a lot of time that could've looked suspicious. That final shot made it look like she wasn't buried particularly deep though, so I'm surprised she wasn't discovered when the police were in looking for the bomb at New Year.

True! I can SORT OF see his thinking if he did it because he'd heard about the new mosque being built there, but he'd be making a lot of assumptions based on guesswork. If that floor ended up being filled in with concrete he might have got away with it, but what if the plan was just to generally tidy things up and repurpose the existing building?

I hate thinking about this too much because it makes me wonder how I would've done things differently, then I think AM I A PSYCHOPATH?

I was also secretly holding out a TINY bit of hope that he'd been keeping Tina trapped somewhere all this time, but that would've been insane after so long - the time they did similar with Denise was amazing, but they only kept that going for about six weeks I think.

I was also secretly holding out a TINY bit of hope that he'd been keeping Tina trapped somewhere all this time, but that would've been insane after so long - the time they did similar with Denise was amazing, but they only kept that going for about six weeks I think.

Oh me too!

What are we thinking in the return of Janine? As amazing as it is to have her back in the show, other than a few quite fantastic lines it all seems a bit of a DAMP SQUIB.

As someone who used to (famously) work on the show, achieving a GAY childhood DREAM — I couldn't care less about it right now in 2022 :BList:

Back to watching the 1999 episodes. It’s crazy how the very memorable Bianca/Dan affair in reality lasted for about 1-2 months total, if that. It’s no wonder people get bored with these drawn out stories now.

What are we thinking in the return of Janine? As amazing as it is to have her back in the show, other than a few quite fantastic lines it all seems a bit of a DAMP SQUIB.

Yes it was never really thought through properly, I also miss Pat not being there for her to interact with

I just tried to watch a bit of this and, frankly, I'm confused.

The thing that ate Danny Dyer was at a speed dating event at Angie's Den which was odd since it's a weeknight, but then it cut to a scene with an old woman and a shopping trolley and it turned out it was broad daylight and there was a market on. Since it's February, this must have meant it was 2pm at the absolute latest, so Danny Dyer was at a speed-dating event at a nightclub in the early afternoon on a Thursday. Anyway, it cuts to the Queen Vic and someone's doing her hair behind the bar which is an instant H&S fail and now it's dark outside suddenly, then Sharon turns up looking like Dr Robotnik in a feather boa and makes eyes at a lad who was a quarter of her age (I'd say he was 36), then Judith Bernstein comes out and she's got a kid who just wanders around the bar. Then it cut back to the nightclub where the speed dating is still going on and something with the improbable name 'Dotty' checks her phone and it's half 6, which means that this speed dating has been going on for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS. Danny Dyer does some shit drunk acting and drinks these cocktails which just look like Panda Pops and then he hits on some woman who looks like the Head from Art Attack. Then Dotty went into the office and had a go at an Asian bloke who was involved in a story about a sandwich and she's all like 'I'm rushed off my feet' even though there are six people in the club because it's a weekday afternoon and we've literally seen her standing around behind the bar doing nothing.

I don't think I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

That was not a great episode! Carter marriage drama is becoming quite tedious. The bloke with Sharon is her brother though, for once she's not cradle snatching :tongueout:

Stuff happening at the club during the day is an ongoing weird issue :D
On a WEEKDAY at that. I mean, at least two of the six patrons were well beyond retirement age but the rest should have been in work. And does this Dotty woman actually want her swanky shoebox nightclub with its watery cocktails and unobtrusive Now CD music to be a beacon for elderly gentlemen?

I just tried to watch a bit of this and, frankly, I'm confused.

The thing that ate Danny Dyer was at a speed dating event at Angie's Den which was odd since it's a weeknight, but then it cut to a scene with an old woman and a shopping trolley and it turned out it was broad daylight and there was a market on. Since it's February, this must have meant it was 2pm at the absolute latest, so Danny Dyer was at a speed-dating event at a nightclub in the early afternoon on a Thursday. Anyway, it cuts to the Queen Vic and someone's doing her hair behind the bar which is an instant H&S fail and now it's dark outside suddenly, then Sharon turns up looking like Dr Robotnik in a feather boa and makes eyes at a lad who was a quarter of her age (I'd say he was 36), then Judith Bernstein comes out and she's got a kid who just wanders around the bar. Then it cut back to the nightclub where the speed dating is still going on and something with the improbable name 'Dotty' checks her phone and it's half 6, which means that this speed dating has been going on for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS. Danny Dyer does some shit drunk acting and drinks these cocktails which just look like Panda Pops and then he hits on some woman who looks like the Head from Art Attack. Then Dotty went into the office and had a go at an Asian bloke who was involved in a story about a sandwich and she's all like 'I'm rushed off my feet' even though there are six people in the club because it's a weekday afternoon and we've literally seen her standing around behind the bar doing nothing.

I don't think I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

Welcome to the world of Eastenders

It seems obvious to me that Linda will be snapped out of her drunken stupor whenever the police find Tina's body, and the Carter status quo will return pretty quickly - it's just a pain in the arse seeing them spinning their wheels like this until it happens.

The doctor we've never seen before who visited Kheerat in his home because he had the runs clearly has a thing for him, no doubt there will be a love triangle between him, her and Stacey who is suddenly gay and married to a woman.

I wondered if she was quickly written in because they'd have usually had his sister perform that role, but they (seemingly) hastily wrote her out the other week :tongueout:

Why are we all suddenly doubting the events of a soap opera. This is a square that had a bus crash that no one talks about and once a helter skelter collapsed.

It was pretty shit last night.

So this year the anniversary of the first episode airing is this Saturday... could we be getting something big at the end of this week? It's not a BIG anniversary or anything, but still.

The end of tonight's episode gives me hope we're finally, FINALLY getting to the end of the Gray storyline. The problem I have is that it's now so big and sprawling that the fallout will affect so many different characters and families... I'm not sure I have faith in the writers to do justice to it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom