Elections 2022 - Whom are you voting for?

Who gets your vote?

• Total voters

Kratz

Τα, τα, τα, τα, τα, τα
So tomorrow sees a clutch of elections in the UK in about the closest thing we get to mid-terms - every council seat in Scotland, Wales and London is up, a significant number in England, and the Northern Ireland assembly.

What about those of us using a sensible voting system? I assume we just put our first preference?

I'm voting Green AND Labour. We're electing two councillors in our ward as one died apparently, so have the preference method.

Also :david:

Can the Scottish Greens be listed separately please? They're not TERFs and shouldn't be lumped in with the Greens of England and Wales.

I'm in a lib dem/labour marginal. Lib Dem all the way
Just got a letter through the door about how Labour are resurfacing a road nearby next week. Woopdidoo it's looked like shit for years but you only bother NOW

I'm not voting for anyone. (They don't want me)
Neither am I :(

I voted for Labour and Lib Dem (as there was only one Labour candidate and no green candidate) in last years elections.

London itself is going to be fascinating - if anything is a sign of serious Tory decline it will be finally losing Wandsworth (which they probably will). They’ll hold Kensington and Chelsea but I wouldn’t be too surprised if Westminster went also.

My first choice was Green, followed by the 3 SNP candidates, followed by Labour. I made sure I numbered every candidate so that I could put Alba last. My main wish is that Salmond's moonhowlers get nowt.

Where I live it’s a straight fight between the DUP and Alliance who are actually neck in neck throughout the country if polls are to believed these days for 2nd most represented party so I’m voting Alliance.

Loving the Liz Truss bit.

Cassetteboy are amazing. I had a very dodgy 7" they made called "DI AND DODI DO DIE" which I sold to a collector for a small profit which was a total under-the-counter job at the time because of all the copyright stuff. I also first heard that Wesley Willis song on their Festive Christmas EP.

Not that it matters. Manchester isn't about to turn BLUE without my vote.

I changed my address when I moved but it wasn't updated for some reason, and I really don't have TIME to go back to my old constituency tonight so I have to miss out as well :(

No council election for me, but we do have a referendum on whether we keep an elected mayor or not.

It's very clear that people locally are struggling with whether they like the incumbent and that is dictating their vote, rather than whether having a mayor is a good thing or not.

I'm probably going to vote to keep the position, but I can't say I feel hugely strongly about it.

Actually, where is @Penelope for his local insight? Although I'm not sure that he isn't just outside the city boundary...

I registered to vote at our new address, got a letter telling me I was already registered, but when I went to vote I don't exist.

DEMOCRACY = DEAD

Lib Dems weren’t running a full slate, so I gave my second councillor vote to the Labour candidate who I think directed (or at least designed) music videos such as Deeper Shade of Blue, Biology, and Crickets Sing for Anamaria :disco:

Lib Dem first choice for Mayor. I couldn’t bring my self to vote for the incumbent Labour mayor, so I voted for a quirky minor party second.

They're not all TERFs. They've just been infiltrated by some shit cunts. I did research on all three candidates I'm voting for and they all support the full rainbow.

The Green candidate in my area is a trans woman.

I didn't vote for her though unfortunately - the Greens aren't established here and I went for the current Labour councillor.

Voted. I nearly baulked when I saw 'Scottish Family Party - Pro-family, Pro-marriage, Pro-life' on the ballot paper.

I absolutely detest that bunch of bigots.

I've not really read too much about this today because I don't want anything to shake my belief that this will be an absolute career-ending bloodbath for Johnson.

Actually, where is @Penelope for his local insight? Although I'm not sure that he isn't just outside the city boundary...
Couldn't be bothered to vote in the end but I'd have voted to keep. The committee system they want to replace it with is dreadful. but I imagine the likely outcome is nothing getting done either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom