Elections 2022 - Whom are you voting for?

Who gets your vote?

• Total voters
Couldn't be bothered to vote in the end but I'd have voted to keep. The committee system they want to replace it with is dreadful. but I imagine the likely outcome is nothing getting done either way!
Semi embarrassed to say I didn't vote either. I just didn't feel invested or informed enough, even though I suspect a fair amount of the people who did vote weren't significantly more informed.

I think the turnout will be higher than the 25% or whatever it was that decided we'd get the position 10 years ago, but I don't think it will be significantly so. Or if it is, that's likely to go against keeping it.

Uhoh, I have the day off work tomorrow and there's live election coverage.

It's not quite as exciting to say LABOUR HOLD MEDLOCK VALE though.

LABOUR HOLD SUNDERLAND

I wonder when they'll stop showing the brexit vote result as part of the stats.

The first time I’ve come across Michelle Donelan. How on Earth is she in charge of universities?

The job spec is literally 'reactionary bint who will whine about cancel culture', and all the other reactionary bints got better cabinet jobs.

Greens and lib dems making big gains so far.

Clearly local election politicking but its not going to make happy headlines for Labour.

I just popped the news on and Labour are DOWN in England :shock:

Though only 6/146 councils declared so :whistle:

I don't like the whole 1/3rd of council system in some areas. It makes for less interesting swings.

Bbc claiming LD have taken Hull from Labour.

This election really is a swing back to lib dem as a local party for protest.

It’s not a bloodbath, is it? He’s going to get away with it and give us another “time to focus on the real issues and get the job done” speech, isn’t he?

I note that Fareham, the town next to me and where I used to work, the scum actually increased their number of councillors.

It’s bad enough that people don’t give a shit but who is sat there right now and thinking “I’m persuaded to move to the tories”. :D

The Tories have lost 4 wards here and Tory independent has gone, which means they lose their majority and it will go back to the Lib-Lab and possibly Green coalition. GOOD.

I already had high hopes for the next election, so I hope the progressive parties decide on one candidate to push.

Last edited:
They already held them though I believe? They rebranded from UKIP to Reform UK since 2018, so it’s being inaccurately reported as gains when they’re actually holds.

Reform UK were previously the Brexit Party (formed in 2018 and rebranded last year), UKIP are still going under the same name. They're all essentially the same thing though, you're right.

I note that Fareham, the town next to me and where I used to work, the scum actually increased their number of councillors.

It’s bad enough that people don’t give a shit but who is sat there right now and thinking “I’m persuaded to move to the tories”. :D

I mean I kind of hope he does cling on and continues to inflict damage until we have a GE. He's hardly doing them any favours atm.

“Losing them should be a wake up call for the Conservative Party”

The Conservative Party:

Real Housewives Sleeping GIF

London is a disaster for the Tories. Almost anywhere is vulnerable outside of RBKC. A mixed picture elsewhere, but Labour was starting from a high point in this set of elections.

Interesting that the LDs did so well in Hull which voted nearly 70% Leave.

London is a disaster for the Tories. Almost anywhere is vulnerable outside of RBKC. A mixed picture elsewhere, but Labour was starting from a high point in this set of elections.

Interesting that the LDs did so well in Hull which voted nearly 70% Leave.
I feel like Brexit doesn’t have the relevance anymore that the Tories hoped it did. They ‘won’ and the country is tangibly worse since, so their temporary loyalty to the Conservatives has ended.

I mean I kind of hope he does cling on and continues to inflict damage until we have a GE. He's hardly doing them any favours atm.

Oh I WHOLLY AGREE. I don't get all this nonsense about calling for him to resign- let him carry on blundering his way through until there's fuck all left.

I feel like Brexit doesn’t have the relevance anymore that the Tories hoped it did. They ‘won’ and the country is tangibly worse since, so their temporary loyalty to the Conservatives has ended.
Well before certain characters banged on about it nobody really have a shit either way. I wonder if get brexit done was effective because so many people were sick to the back teeth of hearing about it. So hopefully in next GE election talking about it constantly will put more people off than attract them

I feel like local elections are hard to draw any conclusions from what with all of 6 people voting in them, but outside of London this is a bit... underwhelming.

Today's real news will come from Northern Ireland. Scotland will be interesting but not detrimental to Johnson as he couldn't give a shit about Scotland, only about "the union".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom