Elections 2022 - Whom are you voting for?

Who gets your vote?

• Total voters
(Susan Aitken still elected though, along with another SNP and a Labour councillor)

Tories having a shocker in Scotland.

Also, don't buy the narrative that they are holding up well enough in the (ugh) 'Red Wall' to hold the seats they won in 2019. They collapsed on Cumberland council and it has 3 Tory seats in it.

And if anybody is still following the results, the Tories are not having fun in Surrey (where, incidentally, Dominic Raab, Michael Gove and Jeremy Hunt are all MPs).
Somerset also looking like it’s going to go very badly for them too !

Wee piece of possible good news from the BBC

"In the first seven wards that have been declared in which an Alba candidate stood the party has averaged 1.5% of the first preference vote."

Good grief, Alex Salmond has just blamed Alba's flop on the SNP refusing the back them! Mate, you literally scooped up the SNPs terfs, weirdos, creeps and spoons, they were thrilled to see the back of them. Plus, why back a three legged donkey when you have the Scottish Greens to work with? RESIGN BITCH.

Reactions: COB
Tories down 300 now in England. Turning into a shocker for them.
Yeah, I think it is going to tip 400+ overall (which is at the poorer end of expectations) - a lot of the hot takes from this morning that it wasn't a bad night have not aged well.

Well Tories had their expected mare in Scotland.
Image-204417.jpg

@BBCPhilipSim: Final scores in Scotland...

vote share:
SNP 34.1% (+1.5)
Lab 21.7% (+1.3)
Con 19.6% (-5.9)
Independent 9.9% (-0.2)
Lib Dem 8.6% (+1.5)
Green 6.0% (+1.7)

seats:
SNP 454 (+23)
Lab 281 (+19)
Con 215 (-62)
Independent 152 (-15)
Lib Dem 87 (+20)
Green 34 (+15)

Yeah, even though it's not quite the bloodbath it could have been it's still an unmitigated catastrophe. I really don't know how they can draw any positive conclusions from it.
It's amazing what Laura Kuenssberg can do.

Urgh. Lutfur Rahman, who was kicked out of the Tower Hamlets mayoralty years ago and banned for five from being a candidate years, has been elected again.

Last edited:
Super interesting thoughts from John Harris on why the Conservatives are coming undone, and rapidly so, amongst former reliable voters

Super interesting thoughts from John Harris on why the Conservatives are coming undone, and rapidly so, amongst former reliable voters

He's not entirely wrong about cities and towns changing shape and character. I know my town as it expands and absorbs small town Essex and outpriced London, appears to be swinging away from the Tories. But where have they been for the last decade? I guess Cameron was the acceptable face of your selfish needs, but Johnson is just a swing off the moral compass.

We've gone Tory, they seem to love it round here.

Also why do we not vote electronically at the polling station? Counting votes seems so dated.

Also why do we not vote electronically at the polling station?

Though there is some interesting ideas about Blockchain tech being used as a way to solve many of the problems of electronic voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom