Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven (5th album) + Let it Die

Just scribbled together a 'lil top 20 :disco:

I get the impression the last few years she's actively chased a hit with the idea of her albums still being a bit REAL MUSIC (see all the hits on Brightest Blue being relegated to bonus track status). I'd love her to continue down the Halcyon/Days route of writing some interesting stuff and scoring the occasional hit to keep everything afloat. I didn't enjoy Brightest Blue that much so keeping a beady eye on this next one as to whether I continue stanning.

1 Anything Could Happen
2 Codes
3 Atlantis
4 Aftertaste
5 Still Falling For You
6 Burn
7 Lights
8 My Blood
9 Goodness Gracious
10 I Know You Care
11 Starry Eyed
12 Love Me Like You Do
13 Explosions
14 Figure 8
15 Slow Grenade
16 Something in the Way You Move
17 Your Biggest Mistake
18 Holding On For Life
19 Every Time You Go
20 You My Everything
Where is Only You

Just scribbled together a 'lil top 20 :disco:

I get the impression the last few years she's actively chased a hit with the idea of her albums still being a bit REAL MUSIC (see all the hits on Brightest Blue being relegated to bonus track status). I'd love her to continue down the Halcyon/Days route of writing some interesting stuff and scoring the occasional hit to keep everything afloat. I didn't enjoy Brightest Blue that much so keeping a beady eye on this next one as to whether I continue stanning.

1 Anything Could Happen
2 Codes
3 Atlantis
4 Aftertaste
5 Still Falling For You
6 Burn
7 Lights
8 My Blood
9 Goodness Gracious
10 I Know You Care
11 Starry Eyed
12 Love Me Like You Do
13 Explosions
14 Figure 8
15 Slow Grenade
16 Something in the Way You Move
17 Your Biggest Mistake
18 Holding On For Life
19 Every Time You Go
20 You My Everything

I mean, I love this, but, including Slow Grenade instead of Animal or The Ending seems to be a bit of a kii

STREAM The Ending (but on youtube! cause it's the only place you'll find it :basil:) and HATE ME!

I mean, I love this, but, including Slow Grenade instead of Animal or The Ending seems to be a bit of a kii

STREAM The Ending (but on youtube! cause it's the only place you'll find it :basil:) and HATE ME!
I like Aminal! The Ending doesn't even appear on Spotify, so, sorry? :wow:

I like Aminal! The Ending doesn't even appear on Spotify, so, sorry? :wow:

I know! Silly Ellie. The Ending and High For This were only included in the Limited Edition Box Set of Halcyon, not to be confused with Halcyon Special Edition or Halcyon Days Special Edition, Limited Edition or Digital Edition. :shock: :kim:

When we did the sync listen for one of her albums, each of us had a different tracklisting

I love a messy campaign before it even starts
The first single apparently is no longer Let It Die but another song, a 5-year-old Calvin Harris produced scrapped track called Easy Lover that was then passed on to Greg Kurstin to produce it from scratch and supposedly was going to be part of Brightest Blue but canceled again at the last minute :D

GIF by NETFLIX

According to P*pjustice, it's a BOP regardless of the circumstances. Besides, If this was really intended for Halcyon (or was it for Delerium? I guess the latter) then it must absolutely SLAP.

ok but Brightest Blue >>> Delerium (as a WHOLE album) though.

Delerium is full of hooks and it does have its highlights, namely Codes and Don't Panic, but they don't sound like Ellie; they sound like Kelly Clarkson/Demi Lovato rejects with less of a voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom