En Vogue

is it wrong to keep pining for this reunion...

wiki said:
In September 2009 the reunited members of En Vogue decided to rebuild & restructure their entire team by firing manager Brooke Payne & hiring industry heavyweight Kenneth Crear who subsequently manages Janet Jackson & Ciara. A long time friend of Dawn Robinson's husband & manager Dre Allen, Crear was introduced to the group by Allen and was then hired by the group to develop a long term plan for their comeback aspirations moving forward. Most recently Crear partnered with Joe Mulvahill who manages Boyz II Men to assist on the En Vogue project & also hired ICM, the powerful Hollywood entertainment agency, to represent the ladies. All evidence points to a well orchestrated & meticulously planned comeback putting to rest speculation that it might not happen.

Boyz II Men's comeback was brilliantly orchestrated, so who knows. If they can get themselves an American Idol/X Factor type gig pushing the 'legends' tag, you never know what might happen...

I'd just be happy for a new album with the original 4.

is dawn back then?

i love how they've reeled it janet and ciara's manager - what with both on top of their game right now

yeah Dawn's been back for a full year now, and they've been doing small gigs around the US all year, but it seems they're starting to think about the future now, re new music

*excite*

that's good, i really wouldn't want new stuff from the original three + generic plastic surgery junkie girl

by the way i've always loved cindy most (not only because she has a bit of a cross eye going on) and i've just read on wiki that she's forty eight (caps)

omg

I did not know of any cross eye.

how the hell is she nearly 50? She's fooking GORGEOUS

11553288_gal.jpg

It'd love to hear new En Vogue songs!! :disco:

Ugh they've been at this for years now, always coming back with a bit of a different line up which I think will affect the comeback since in a way they never fucked off long enough for people to bother.

The last En Vogue song I remember is Riddle.

What's all THIS THEN? Surely not the full lineup?

Just Live Music Group presents “The Show R&B Superstars – Valentines Special” at the iconic Wembley Arena on Saturday 15th February 2014 with yet another sensational line up! In the latest instalment of this epic event we shall be bringing you:

* En Vogue

* Tony! Toni! Tone!

* Blackstreet 2 (Feat. Dave Hollister on lead vocals)

* Total

* Mint Condition

* Silk

* Kut Klose

* Changing Faces

Plus further special guests to be announced.

They aren't really neo-soul - they pre-date it. Neo-soul is mid-90s onwards. :geek:

An expanded edition of the amazing Funky Divas has been released today. How is this album THIRTY YEARS OLD already? Dear god :zombie:

273162291_i42fa41vaxua.png

01. This Is Your Life (2022 Remaster) (05:05)
02. My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) [2022 Remaster] (04:42)
03. Hip Hop Lover (2022 Remaster) (05:13)
04. Free Your Mind (2022 Remaster) (04:52)
05. Desire (2022 Remaster) (04:01)
06. Giving Him Something He Can Feel (2022 Remaster) (03:58)
07. It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady Sings (2022 Remaster) (04:13)
08. Give It Up, Turn It Loose (2022 Remaster) (05:12)
09. Yesterday (2022 Remaster) (02:32)
10. Hooked On Your Love (2022 Remaster) (03:36)
11. Love Don't Love You (2022 Remaster) (03:57)
12. What Is Love (2022 Remaster) (04:20)
13. Thanks/Prayer (2022 Remaster) (00:45)
14. Free Your Mind (Theo's Rec And Wreck Mix) [2022 Remaster] (04:25)
15. Free Your Mind (Tommy's Spoiled Brat Mix) [2022 Remaster] (05:02)
16. Free Your Mind (James' Club Mix) [2022 Remaster] (04:57)
17. Give It Up, Turn It Loose (Kevin's Extended R&B Mix) [2022 Remaster] (05:18)
18. Give It Up, Turn It Loose ("Welcome To The Ghetto" Hip Hop Mix) [2022 Remaster] (05:27)
19. Give It Up, Turn It Loose (Kevin's Extended Jazz Mix) [2022 Remaster] (05:00)
20. Give It Up, Turn It Loose (Somethin' For The People Remix) [2022 Remaster] (05:51)
21. My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) [Hype Radio Remix] [2022 Remaster] (05:12)

Non physical and missing out loads of stuff. I mean, Runaway Love and Whatta Man were actually ON the album over here. (Or at least the reissue).

Shite.

Non physical and missing out loads of stuff. I mean, Runaway Love and Whatta Man were actually ON the album over here. (Or at least the reissue).

Shite.
I didn’t even notice that. Why weren’t they on other versions? Was Whatta Man saved for a Salt N Pepa album or something?

I didn’t even notice that. Why weren’t they on other versions? Was Whatta Man saved for a Salt N Pepa album or something?

Whatta Man was originally a SnP song (from "Very Necessary") with an En Vogue feature. It came out in 1993, a year after Funky Divas was released.

In the US, En Vogue released an EP called "Runaway Love"- the title track was the lead single and it was completed by "Whatta Man" and various remixes. It was released as a single in the US and UK but didn't do much.

As a result, in the UK, they decided to tag the two songs on- but weirdly put them at the start of the tracklisting so you had "Runaway Love", "Whatta Man" and then the actual album. Terrible sequencing.

Yeah, I don't have Runaway Love and Whatta Man in my Funky Divas album, it was added to the reissue one year later here too, but I had the EP so whatever. That expanded edition is terrible, the extra tracks look so random, how can they add 4 GIU,TIL average mixes and just 1 from My lovin'? Also missing Love don't love you, the final single with some actually good remixes. No wonder there's no physical, who's gonna bother with that. At least it was a good excuse to play some En Vogue tracks last night.

Yeah the expanded Funky Divas in the 90s with the EP combined could have been great - it was practically a greatest hits - but I agree the sequencing was weird and they've just reverted back to the original over time.

The deluxe was an opportunity to fix that but this is just remixes and non of the other singles of the time. Plus I was probably hoping for some b sides or new songs I've not heard before. A wasted opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom