Enigma - "Return To Innocence"

Be yourself don't hide, just believe in destiny *chanting*

• Total voters
A surprise global hit in 1994 that truly stood out on its own. Outside of Enya, how many New Age songs could find their way onto commercial radio playlists? Although this was the era where you'd see ads for New Age albums (YANNI?) and compilations on TV incessantly. :D

But yeah, like "Sadeness Part I", it was just a really good song. What's the Moopy verdict?

Last edited by a moderator:
:D

Moopy is so hilariously square sometimes.

But yeah I love it too.

I almost forgot about the New Age period, thanks for reminding me. :evil: Luckily the time of the Celestine terror is behind us and no one talks about it anymore. One more Indian flute and I will personally hunt down crying dolphins and chanting whales.

I still adore this record 18 years on, it always reminds me of The Sign by Ace of Base, Come In Out Of The Rain by Wendy Moten and DOOP because they were my favourite records at the time.

I still adore this record 18 years on, it always reminds me of The Sign by Ace of Base, Come In Out Of The Rain by Wendy Moten and DOOP because they were my favourite records at the time.
Everything around that time was AMAZE.

Love this.

Loves it, especially in combination with the backwards video (which boggled my mind at the age of eleven). Twas indeed a great era to be a pop/chart fan in the bud.

The Enigma stuff is also easily the best thing that Europop strumpet Sandra put her nocals to throughout the nineties! None of her solo singles from those years come even close to the majesty of "(I'll Never Be) Maria Magdalena" or "Secret Land" from the eighties. Her then-husband/mogul Michael Cretu obviously kept the best material for the group instead of wasting it on his talent-free wife :D

I was going to say I've never heard it before I listened to it but I have and I LOVE IT. Wasn't it on an advert in the early 90s too?

Last edited:
Love this song so much I started making a VR FURRY MUSIC VIDEO of it kind of alluding to the original video (I know it's shaky and not very good, it's an early WIP of my first attempt at the first minute and a bit, and there are no tripods in VR :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom