Erasure: new album - 'The Neon'

I didn’t bother even listening to World Be Gone but I’ve heard someone else is producing this album so I’ll definitely have a listen.

I've preordered it and waiting for the physicals to arrive! But I suppose I should stream..

Wasn’t fussed on first listen, but I’ve really warmed up to this album now. It’s not exactly earth-shattering, but it’s a fab wee listen.

My initial reaction was it’s ok but couldn’t recall a single tune from it after two listens. I will stick with it as I’ve seen a few people say it’s a grower.

I got the bundle thing from their website.. can't remember what's in it now but I think there's a dreaded CASSETTE in there :zombie:

I had The Two Ring Circus, The Innocents and Wild! on cassette. Chorus was one of the first CDs I ever bought.

I Say I Say I Say is the last album of theirs I bought. Never really had the appetite since.

Weren't we going to do an Erasure sync listen before they died? I'm still up for it.

Weren't we going to do an Erasure sync listen before they died? I'm still up for it.

Me too... I thought the Moopy syncs had gone a bit quiet. Are they still on-going? Is there a timetable or rota? If so shall we add Chorus? The post-sync ovulation round can be the bonus tracks on the recent deluxe reissue..

I think they kind of fizzled out. Let's schedule Chorus in though - does any night in particular work for you this week? I could do either Tues, Weds or Thurs. Let's arrange it between ourselves and then throw it open.

Me too... I thought the Moopy syncs had gone a bit quiet. Are they still on-going? Is there a timetable or rota? If so shall we add Chorus? The post-sync ovulation round can be the bonus tracks on the recent deluxe reissue..
I sort of sacked them off because I wasn't sure how much interest there still was (my own included), but do this if you want! I might join as I've never listened to Erasure before.

I think they kind of fizzled out. Let's schedule Chorus in though - does any night in particular work for you this week? I could do either Tues, Weds or Thurs. Let's arrange it between ourselves and then throw it open.
Shall we go for Thursday? Get one in the mood for the weekend and all that :disco:

The Neon is #2 in the midweeks behind The Killers. Hopefully they can cling on for the top 10.

The packaging is the best I've seen for ages and a lot of artists on bigger labels/budgets should take note.

It sounds great on vinyl. It is their best album since Nightbird I think, although I do of course love The Violet Flame.

:disco:

And I can't find the 'tag' in my alerts going back to Thursday because it doesn't go that far. Sorry again honestly didn't mean to ignore - just didn't see it and it totally slipped my mind on Thursday.

It's going to be an ERASURE WEEK gang :disco:

Wonderland
The Circus
The Innocents
Wild!
Chorus
I Say I Say I Say
Erasure
Cowboy
Loveboat
Other People's Songs
Nightbird
Union St.
Light at the End of the World
Snow Globe
The Violet Flame
World Be Gone
The Neon

QUEEN(S) OF POP!

Their UK arena tour in support of this has been a big success and yes I saw them and they were great as always.

US and Europe tours now added in addition to a smattering more UK arena dates in 2022. The Neon is probably their most successful and enduring album campaign in a while. I know gays are all about Dua Lipa these days but really the COVID19 pop era also had a lot of ERASURE in it.

So the tour’s worth going to? They’re playing here in February and the tickets are pretty cheap

I struggle with them after 1994, but a friend went last week in Birmingham and raved about it.

He also almost certainly contracted covid there, but that's easier to catch here than it ever has been, so I wouldn't hold that against them.

So the tour’s worth going to? They’re playing here in February and the tickets are pretty cheap
Oh yeah, there’s no question they are always worth seeing live though sometimes you hear grumbles from people who lost touch with them in the late 90s and are expecting greatest hits only.

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom