Euro 2020

Mugatu

User
Since the England squad is finally out and we're only 10 days away from the first game (🇮🇹 vs 🇹🇷), now seems like a good time to start this thread and bring some #footybants back to this gay chat lounge.

ENGLAND SQUAD

SCOTLAND SQUAD

WALES SQUAD

GROUP STAGE FIXTURE LIST

Friday 11 June - Italy vs Turkey (8pm BST)
Saturday 12 June - Wales vs Switzerland (2pm), Denmark vs Finland (5pm), Belgium vs Russia (8pm)
Sunday 13 June - England vs Croatia (2pm), Austria vs North Macedonia (5pm), Netherlands vs Ukraine (8pm)
Monday 14 June - Scotland vs Czech Republic (2pm), Poland vs Slovakia (5pm), Spain vs Sweden (8pm)
Tuesday 15 June - Hungary vs Portugal (5pm), France vs Germany (8pm)

Wednesday 16 June - Finland vs Russia (2pm), Turkey vs Wales (5pm), Italy vs Switzerland (8pm)
Thursday 17 June - Ukraine vs North Macedonia (2pm), Denmark vs Belgium (5pm), Netherlands vs Austria (8pm)
Friday 18 June - Sweden vs Slovakia (2pm), Croatia vs Czech Republic (5pm), England vs Scotland (8pm)
Saturday 19 June - Hungary vs France (2pm), Portugal vs Germany (5pm), Spain vs Poland (8pm)

Sunday 20 June - Italy vs Wales (5pm), Switzerland vs Turkey (5pm)
Monday 21 June - Ukraine vs Austria (5pm), North Macedonia vs Netherlands (5pm), Russia vs Denmark (8pm), Finland vs Belgium (8pm)
Tuesday 22 June - Croatia vs Scotland (8pm), Czech Republic vs England (8pm)
Wednesday 23 June - Sweden vs Poland (5pm), Slovakia vs Spain (5pm), Portugal vs France (8pm), Germany vs Hungary (8pm)

Like Eurovision, this is an excuse to get pissed with friends.

I may avoid England v Scotland though as I'll be cheering Scotland on...

Definitely. I'm going to a fan-park near Walsall for the Croatia game but I absolutely refuse to throw my pint in the air if we score.

If England win the group, we'll end up playing (and losing to) Germany/Portugal/France, so you might not have to worry for too long.

Yeah, pretty sure football's still not coming home. Speaking of which, are Baddiel & co rinsing that again this year?

"Oh"

So where is it actually happening? I remember it was always meant to be an all-over Europe affair but surely not now?

And more importantly does Olivier Giroud still play?

Yeah, pretty sure football's still not coming home. Speaking of which, are Baddiel & co rinsing that again this year?

No England song for this year, but the official Euro 2020 song is a club banger by Martin Garrix and U2, which I'm sure all of Europe is looking forward to very much.

"Oh"

So where is it actually happening? I remember it was always meant to be an all-over Europe affair but surely not now?

And more importantly does Olivier Giroud still play?

The host cities are:

Group A - Rome and Baku
Group B - St Petersburg and Copenhagen
Group C - Amsterdam and Bucharest
Group D - Wembley and Glasgow
Group E - Seville and St Petersburg
Group F - Munich and Budapest

Mr Giroud has been selected in the France squad, but Karim Benzema is back in the team after a seven-year absence so he might not get much playing time. If I get chance, I'll work on a hot players post (by which I mean log onto FMforums for the first time in weeks days and copy that).

I’m actually looking forward to this :D

Here for straight acting footy bants.

John Fleck has tested positive for Covid at the Scottish training camp. This bodes well...

Like Eurovision

FoolishCarefreeAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif

I'll be following England and Scotland's progress and watching the relevant matches but I can't say I'm very excited.

I loved the 2018 World Cup I must admit.

The host cities are:

Group A - Rome and Baku
Group B - St Petersburg and Copenhagen
Group C - Amsterdam and Bucharest
Group D - Wembley and Glasgow
Group E - Seville and St Petersburg
Group F - Munich and Budapest

Mr Giroud has been selected in the France squad, but Karim Benzema is back in the team after a seven-year absence so he might not get much playing time. If I get chance, I'll work on a hot players post (by which I mean log onto FMforums for the first time in weeks days and copy that).

I've never been to the city of Wembley. Where is it?

The Democratic Republic of Skegness

I'm going to a fan-park near Walsall for the Croatia game but I absolutely refuse to throw my pint in the air if we score.
Ahhh yes next time I'll remember to wear something waterproof

So basically, we probably want to come 2nd in the group to Croatia with 7 points each (and us drawing with them) but worse off on goal difference, right? (or lose to Croatia but flukily in the last minute or whatever)

Or obviously simply win all three matches in our group and demolish everyone in our paths :england:

(why is the England emoji so weird? didn't we used to have a proper one? or is this @ZenGiraffe SABOTAGE)

(why is the England emoji so weird? didn't we used to have a proper one? or is this @ZenGiraffe SABOTAGE)
:StillYoung:

(It is quite possible I made an error when I moved the emojis over to the server that no one noticed at the time. I can't see any evidence of a different emoji in the backup I have to hand, however)

I think :england: is meant to be an engineer perhaps? And one of the eng's accidentally has overwritten another one?

Discusting really.

I thought :england: was one of those poster smilies

So as far as I can recall, the England emoji used to be like :sweden: but with the England flag colours

HOWEVER, if possible (if there are any forum graphic designers to hand) we should probably also have English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish equivalents of our new standard flag emojis (🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇸🇪 et al)

:durst::england:
Yes, we have that twice which suggests I did an overwrite at some point.

I will look to see if the SQL database has the old URL kicking about and I can ressurect it.

The second emoji point I can absolutely do however

He used it quite a bit but I thought it was da1452764542678 or Altaf or someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom