Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

I liked that Laura seemed to be channelling her inner Jem throughout.

MV5BMTM0NTMxMjgzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEwMTIyNw__._V1__SX1854_SY860_.0.jpg

I really wish I hadn’t known about the Sun stage now, it was weirdly all I could think about sometimes.

I know 2018 yeah but the black sun is just so DOMINANT and a lot of the visuals were already designed for a moving one.

Weirdest of all is that it finally moved right at the end of Diodato, but it was all dark and not a focus of any shot - bizarre that it was the only use I remember seeing

Same. I preferred it when I thought that this was intentionally mimicking a vinyl disk and that the sun was an additional 3rd feature that we can't see.

I don’t mind if they want to try a year without LCD screens, I see how that could be boring, but yeah… this was all unintentional.

I wonder which acts actually went ahead as planned (ie they wanted to use the spotlight side flat like they are doing now)

Weirdest of all is that it finally moved right at the end of Diodato, but it was all dark and not a focus of any shot - bizarre that it was the only use I remember seeing
It was STUNNING in the arena. You fully got the vision and it is upsetting how much of a missed opportunity not having it working for the acts. It would have elevating the show so much

I'd say Greece looks like it intended to be like that cause the backdrop of Amanda dancing with her guy fits the visible two sides next to the black sun, but that doesn't say much, they could have rearranged the graphics the way Romania did after the 1st rehearsal.

It was STUNNING in the arena. You fully got the vision and it is upsetting how much of a missed opportunity not having it working for the acts. It would have elevating the show so much

I don't think it looked that great on screen. It was so dark you couldn't see it very well.

"In a third of markets (13 out of 34) the ESC claimed over 50% of the viewing share, led by Iceland with 96.4% and followed closely by other Nordic markets (Norway 89.1%, Sweden 81.4% and Finland 72.1%)."

Iceland at 96.4% :disco: Nothing else on I guess? :D

Wasn’t the Iceland figure 99% one year?

Ratings Rise​

Spain and the United Kingdom’s success at the Contest (finishing 3rd and 2nd respectively) was also reflected in their ratings; both countries delivered their best TV audiences of the past decade.

6.8 million viewers on average watched in Spain, up 86% on 2021, and their highest audience since 2008.

The United Kingdom delivered the largest audience of all markets in 2022 with 8.9 million viewers watching the Grand Final, up 20% on 2021.

It’s the first time in 11 years the UK has seen higher ratings than Germany who previously delivered the highest audience.

They get three chances to perform and then choose the best one, right?

Amazed that the best clip Latvia managed was the one with him tripping over the treadmill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom