Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
I’ve had to have this joke explained to me. Initially I thought it was because @Ag thought I was Welsh all this time.

The BBC have published an FAQ on the process.

Also, Cardiff is OUT.

=========

How do you apply to be a Host City?

Any local authority interested in becoming a Host City can email [email protected]

Does it cost to enter a bid?

There is no charge to enter a bid. It is up to Cities whether they incur costs to support their bid.

Who decides who will be the Host City?

The selection of the Host City for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 will be determined by the BBC and the EBU.

How does the process work?

It is a two-stage process and to be considered, any potential candidates must meet a set of minimum standards that demonstrate they have the capacity, capability and experience to host an event of this scale and complexity.

What are the key requirements?

The final decision on selecting the Host City will be based on a city or region’s capacity and capability in meeting the BBC’s and the EBU’s requirements, as well as availability of resources and general experience in hosting a large and complex event such as the Eurovision Song Contest.

For example, last year the EBU’s Host City criteria was based on providing a venue able to accommodate at least 10,000 spectators (as well as a press centre), that should be within easy reach of an international airport and with ample hotel accommodation.

Will there be different rounds?

There will be two rounds. Once we have received applications, we will shortlist cities based on their ability to meet the requirements and their responses around capability and experience.

Will the government have a say on who hosts it?

We may consult with the UK government but the decision on who will be the Host City will be determined by the BBC and the EBU.

When will you announce the Host City?

We expect the process to be complete in Autumn and we will announce the successful Host City then

Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield have all presented bid books, apparently. I’m surprised London hasn’t officially popped their hat in the ring yet.

Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield have all presented bid books, apparently. I’m surprised London hasn’t officially popped their hat in the ring yet.
Bristol? No way they don’t have an arena that size
Not sure about Aberdeen either
So let’s face it it’ll be between Glasgow Manchester and Birmingham as front runners followed by Leeds Liverpool and Sheffield (sorry but yuck at the last one)

Yeah the venue put forward is a hangar at the airport :eyes:
If You Say So Shrug GIF

Apparently they want the venue for eight weeks. That's possibly a lot of shows* to shuffle elsewhere.

*Or... erm... Bristolian planes?

Sheffield has a CINEMA across the road from the arena :disco:

Bristol? No way they don’t have an arena that size
Not sure about Aberdeen either
So let’s face it it’ll be between Glasgow Manchester and Birmingham as front runners followed by Leeds Liverpool and Sheffield (sorry but yuck at the last one)
Aberdeen oddly seems to have the largest arena in Scotland.

It’s ‘international’ airport seems to lack flights to cities such as Paris, Berlin, Rome and Madrid.

God knows about hotels.

Aberdeen oddly seems to have the largest arena in Scotland.

It’s ‘international’ airport seems to lack flights to cities such as Paris, Berlin, Rome and Madrid.

God knows about hotels.
GLAMOUR :disco:
9F6D464D-DB07-41DC-ADD3-76E621696948.jpeg

Yeah the venue put forward is a hangar at the airport :eyes:
It's not a hangar at the airport - it's an arena currently under construction on the site of a hangar at an old airfield.

The actual arena could be an attractive prospect, I'd have thought, given that it could easily be purpose built for the contest.

The problem is that it's too far out of Bristol with fuck all around it to host the infrastructure surrounding the contest.

Glasgow is nothing but hotels
It has an arena suitable
It has the SECC next door to provide the press centre
SWG3 will be EuroClub
It has an international airport with a direct motorway link to the arena and the city centre (no ring roads here guys)

It has an arena suitable
SWG3 will be EuroClub
It has an international airport with a direct motorway link to the arena and the city centre (no ring roads here guys)
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Can you get in EuroClub? I didn’t realise you were a sneering leftie 👀

• Wow
Reactions: COB
when Manchester is confirmed I need a top 3 list of iconic hotels to stay at plz

1. Sacha's - a seductive delight on the cusp of the TRENDY Northern Quarter and the STABBY Piccadilly Gardens
2. The New Union Hotel - welcoming you to Manchester's relaxing Canal Street. When you're done kipping you can pop downstairs for a shot of tequila with a worm in and a go on the pole :disco:
3. Basement - Not strictly a hotel, but at those prices? A STEAL! And everything's wipe clean.

1. Sacha's - a seductive delight on the cusp of the TRENDY Northern Quarter and the STABBY Piccadilly Gardens
2. The New Union Hotel - welcoming you to Manchester's relaxing Canal Street, when you're done kipping you can pop downstairs for a shot of tequila with a worm in and a go on the pole :disco:
3. Basement - Not strictly a hotel, but at those prices? A STEAL! And everything's wipe clean.
4. Soldi’s bedroom

It has an arena suitable
SWG3 will be EuroClub
Glasgow has 10,741 hotel rooms, Manchester has has 13,600
Manchester has a choice of three suitable venues
Isn’t the press centre just a tent anyway
I don’t know where Euroclub would be, but we have Canal Street, that will be Euroclub, official or not
You do not need to travel on a ring road to reach the City Centre/2 out of 3 possible venues (the number 43 bus goes direct from the airport to Piccadilly Gardens)

💅

Last edited:
I don’t know where Euroclub would be, but we have Canal Street, that will be Euroclub, official or not
You do not need to travel on a ring road to reach the City Centre/2 out of 3 possible venues (the number 43 bus goes direct from the airport to Piccadilly Gardens)

💅
Mental

💅
Glasgow isn't in England 💅💅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom