Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
Bristol City Council spent only £70.42 on a failed bid to bring the Eurovision song contest to the city next year.

The annual contest will be hosted in the UK in May 2023, but Bristol has not secured a place on the recently announced shortlist. Mayor Marvis Rees told BBC Radio Bristol earlier this month that he was “very disappointed for the city”.

A recent freedom of information request has now revealed that the city council spent £50 on making a video for the bid, and £20.42 on travel expenses. The video, made by an external videographer, was ultimately not used due to licensing issues.

:D

But what about the BRISTOL ARENA? :eyes:
:(

consturction-site-risk-movement.jpg

I can’t find the primary source, but it looks like prerecorded (allegedly backing) vocals will be around in 2023.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Is this a change from last year?

“The lead singer(s) of the selected song (the “Lead Vocal(s)”) shall perform live on stage only.

• Eventual vocal support(s) for the Lead Vocal(s) (the “Lead Dub(s)”) shall perform live, on stage or off stage, only.
  • All other backing vocal(s) performing vocal harmonies (the “Backing Vocals”) may perform either live on stage or off stage and/or on a Backing track compliant to the requirements under par (iii) hereafter.
No on-stage Contestant (whether Lead Vocals, Lead Dubs or Backing Vocals or dancers) shall be allowed to lip-sync (playback) in such a way as to make it appear that they are singing all or most of the song when they actually are not.”

Last edited:
Is this a change from last year?

The lead singer(s) of the selected song (the “Lead Vocal(s)”) shall perform live on stage only.

• Eventual vocal support(s) for the Lead Vocal(s) (the “Lead Dub(s)”) shall perform live, on stage or off stage, only.
  • All other backing vocal(s) performing vocal harmonies (the “Backing Vocals”) may perform either live on stage or off stage and/or on a Backing track compliant to the requirements under par (iii) hereafter.
No on-stage Contestant (whether Lead Vocals, Lead Dubs or Backing Vocals or dancers) shall be allowed to lip-sync (playback) in such a way as to make it appear that they are singing all or most of the song when they actually are not.”
No that’s the same.

The lead dub point is and has been very loosely applied though.

Some Liverpool councillor has said that the full bids have to be submitted to the BBC by the 8th September, with the decision being made by late September/early October.

I wonder if they're planning to make a thing of the bids being submitted like The Netherlands did a couple of years ago. I seem to remember there was a bit of theatre around the bid books being transported from each host city to the broadcaster's office. It was a nice touch.

I wouldn’t have to book accommodation in three of the cities, and I can’t see any of the other four getting the gig.

• Angry
Reactions: VoR
Don’t angry react to that @VoR

You already promised me we could top and tail if Leeds won it.

• Care
I can offer my bedroom floor that I may forget to hoover if Manchester gets the gig

I like how @VoR is 😍 reacting despite the reason that some people believe that it can be in Manchester is due to the lack of space for delegations/press centres etc (which is wrong, there is space) is entirely applicable to Leeds when the arena backs right on to the ring road :tongueout:

Don’t get your hopes up love :disco:

• Sad
I don’t care where it is, I just really hope people don’t turn nasty :(

To clarify this was to HELP Leeds' chances so their arena has more space for a press centre :shock: A car-free Eurovision host would also be better for the environment!
The complete lack of decent public transport and no car access would be an interesting mix :D

The BBC are advertising a Head Of Communications for it.

Considering applying to be honest :D what a job!

Oh it'd be a nightmare. You'd devise a comms plan only to be CHEWED OUT by angry Euro fans because the slogan is meant to get announced on the twelfth of Smarch, and now Eurovision is ruined.

BBC baffled as their Eurovision planning document turns out to be an outline for a ninth season of Game of Thrones :(

• Haha
I think I’d rather have funky in change instead of some of the dreaded euro fans :zombie:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom