Eurovision 2023 SPECULATION

DREAM EUROCLUB DJ SET

La Coco-dance (MAKE ‘EM SIZZLE FROM THE START)
Woki mit deim Popo
Euphoria (Carli Remix)
Horehronie
Weil der Mensch zählt
Spaceman
Carry Me In Your Dreams
Verona (1985 Version)
Suus
Nocturne

“Yes I suppose I could play Charlene Perrelli but I’m not going to. Go away please.” :disco:

I heard one of these in Euroclub but I WONT SAY WITCH

Does anyone know if the 2017 venue in Kyiv is damaged? I haven’t found anything suggesting otherwise.
My main sense is that Kyiv could actually technically and theoretically host the thing, but that the main obstacles will be logistical and political.

Unless the war ends soon enough that it can be guaranteed that there's no way a missile lands in Lviv/Kyiv by like, summer time when I imagine the EBU will want it decided what country it's in, then I just don't see them signing off on it. Ukrainian pride is a very worthy goal and all but I can't see the EBU getting past any potential heightened risk of death or injury.

I wonder if a replacement host could offer to give Ukraine first refusal the next time the replacement wins in their own right. (e.g. Ukraine can host in 2054 when Spain eventually wins in 2053.)

And apparently, according to the bastion of truth that is Wikipedia, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden and the UK have all expressed some sort of interest in hosting next year.

I wonder when we’ll be hearing something from the EBU. Surely there‘s no way it’ll be in Ukraine at this point?

I wonder when we’ll be hearing something from the EBU. Surely there‘s no way it’ll be in Ukraine at this point?
I think it is fair to say no it won’t be - even if the war is over, or even if it is still far from Kiev, the security risk would still be astronomical and the infrastructure is surely hugely compromised.

UK seems the obvious choice - runner up, Big 5, safe pair of hands, government has indicated it will back hosting, but I wonder how keen the BBC is (seeing as it now appears to want to win). I’d be tempted to spring for some closer to Ukraine which hasn’t hosted before. Poland?

Last edited:
And surely Poland being part of the JURY SCANDAL this year would hardly benefit them if they put a bid forward.

I forgot all this Polish tea (and bigotry :oi: ). Let’s all go to Esthonia instead

Moldova please hosted by Natalia
Ice Cream Dancing GIF by Eurovision Song Contest

It’ll be Poland or the UK surely?

I guess it will come down to who the Ukrainian broadcaster wants to co host with. The Netherlands would be nice, given that they didn’t get to host properly due to the unpleasantness.

I doubt the Ukrainian broadcaster would have much choice. The EBU doesn’t share power.
They sometimes like to pretend they are sharing power though. Maybe they’ll give the Ukrainians a choice of three. With one of them underlined.

Why is Poland even being suggested? Because they’re geographically closest?! Bullshit.

Why is Poland even being suggested? Because they’re geographically closest?! Bullshit.
Culturally and geopolitically relatively close to Ukraine. They’ve taken in more Ukrainian refugees than any other country (3+ million so far, if not more?). Logistically, they share a land border with Ukraine, somewhat helpful if it’s a co-production + they’ve hosted the dreaded Junior Eurovision a couple of times recently, so they’ve had the experience + they have a number of venues suitable to host the contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom