Eurovision Rewatch: Copenhagen 2001: 08/05 20.00 BST

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
It's just over two weeks to the big day and time to get in the mood with a rewatch or two.

Please choose whether you would rather spend your Saturday evening watching Eurovision 1994 or 2001. I hope none of you think that you have a social engagement.

Edit: 2001 is the winner and here is the video.

Last edited:
Omg let’s pretend it’s April 2020 again and have two rival rewatches :disco:

I warn you all now - 2001 has the worst opening run of songs in any Eurovision ever - the first six songs are shocking

I warn you all now - 2001 has the worst opening run of songs in any Eurovision ever - the first six songs are shocking
More time to get drunk in preparation for the main events from that year love

Or we could watch the first six songs from 1994 and then switch to 2001 after? :basil:

2006 is worse for me on that front. Alvedansen aside the first half is almost unwatchable.

Reactions: D5K
I'll give you the first five. ButterTart and I will enjoy Mumiy Troll.

Looking back Israel are decent from memory too, although I haven’t watched any 2001 stuff in AGES.

I'll give you the first five. ButterTart and I will enjoy Mumiy Troll.
Oh no I love all the songs from 2001. I was very inspired by Mumiy Troll as a teenager, and would often make noises like that in school to get out of school.

You have to understand that when I speak this way about 2001 its not because I don’t love them, it’s just that I know the harsh way that the world will view them. Before Michelle - Out On My Own I never truly understood what it was to sit on the floor.

But OMG it gets good after that

Sweden, Croatia, Spain, France, LINDSEH, Slovenia, Germany, Malta, GREECE, DENMARK! :disco: :disco: :disco:

Also can @Tisch remove her vote please if she’s not going to watch :)

2006 is worse for me on that front. Alvedansen aside the first half is almost unwatchable.
Un BlodyMary is an unlistenable, unwatchable ANTHEM :evil: Son De Sol died so that they could...die too.

Oh no I love all the songs from 2001. I was very inspired by Mumiy Troll as a teenager, and would often make noises like that in school to get out of school.
I thought they kept you out of school anyway on account of all those fires.

Apologies I'm out. Saving all my Eurovision energy for the Hot 100 + rehearsals.

That link comes with Polish commentary. There is one with English commentary, but it is eight minutes shorter for no clear reason, is blocked in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, and contains Wogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom