Evanescence - Going Under

NOW I WILL TELL YOU

• Total voters
where the POLL AT!

it's a hard 10 obviously. My Immortal and Everybody's Fool are classics too - what a singles campaign that album spawned - and I'm partial to Tourniquet and also the marvellous Lithium and Call Me When You're Sober from the second record (with its GORGEOUSLY BAROQUE EMO ARTWORK)

where the POLL AT!

it's a hard 10 obviously. My Immortal and Everybody's Fool are classics too - what a singles campaign that album spawned - and I'm partial to Tourniquet and also the marvellous Lithium and Call Me When You're Sober from the second record (with its GORGEOUSLY BAROQUE EMO ARTWORK)
ALL OF THIS.

Nah.

Call Me When You're Sober is a total 10/10, everything else is SHIT.

Going Under is extremely fabulous, but My Last Breath was always my track of choice -

I know you hear me
I can TASTE IT in your TEARS

the DRAMA of it all! :disco::disco::disco:

:D tell us how you really feel, please

To me it's just the nadir of what was popular during my time growing up. For some reason I adored Sober, but the rest was just either shouty or whiney DRIVEL!

I like it, but prefer "My Immortal", "Call Me When Your Sober", and of course, "Bring Me to Life"

where the POLL AT!

Tourniquet was always my favourite as a teen :disco:

Is there a more gorgeous/sad moment in all of music than:

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I think NOT

Is there a more gorgeous/sad moment in all of music than:

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I think NOT

The part where the band kicks in on the band version still gives me goosebumps.

Reactions: RJN
What do you mean the band version?

The single version rather, sorry. If I remember rightly the album version was all piano/orchestra? and then they added the band in on the middle eight when they released it as a single.

Reactions: RJN
I LOVED them to an unhealthy degree and even did my GCSE speaking and listening presentation on them to a class full of 15 year old boys, but I never loved-loved this. It was one that I skipped.

Evanescence were the first musical act I got into that wasn't just something my mum/sister liked.

Gothic Nancy Lam
Basically this. :D

Before them my homemade CDs basically consisted of The Lion King, some wrestling songs and the Andrew Lloyd Webber Gold Collection.

Reactions: GNL
I always loved the epicness of the album version of Whisper. And also Imaginary.

God listening to them (/her) now is such a throwback.

God their second album was so piss-weak though. Lithium was absolutely awful.

It came out while I was working at HMV so I had to hear it a lot (for the couple of weeks before it totally bombed off the charts anyway :D). I really didn't like it at all.

I just found Lithium to be tuneless screeching, and a transparent attempt to re-write My Immortal.

I
It came out while I was working at HMV so I had to hear it a lot (for the couple of weeks before it totally bombed off the charts anyway :D). I really didn't like it at all.

I just found Lithium to be tuneless screeching, and a transparent attempt to re-write My Immortal.

I think I was just a fool to a piano ballad/semi-ballad at that point so Lithium, Good Enough etc were always going to pull me in.

The last memory I have of Evanescence is Amy Lee's version of Sally's Song from TNBC which I liked well enough.

Never followed the stuff that came after.

Can I just add here that this song is 13,000/10 and much better than 'Bring Me To Life'
Yeah I said i

I have also been listening to Evanescence this morning. My Immortal and Everybodyā€™s Fool. Itā€™s been a very MELANCHOLIC MORNING on my Spotify.

We never did do that Fallen sync listen, did we? There was some chat about it when we did one of the Avril albums IIRC - anyone fancy it soon?

Their videos from the Fallen era were so on point.
Everybody's Fool is iconic of course but even Going Under is quite something and the symbolism is really hitting the spot today.

Can I please go back to my 23 year old self when FALLEN came out and have a mini goth phase again :love: :cry: :cry:

Oh, I was obsessed with Fallen when I was 15 years old. But even 19 years later it's still a good record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom