evermore, one year on: share your thoughts!

now you hang from my lips like the gardens of Babylon

• I think evermore is Taylor's best album

• I think evermore is a top-tier Taylor album

• I like it, but don't love it

• I think it's an album of superb artistry

• Willow is a great lead single

• It's not something I go back to much

• It's mid- or lower-tier Taylor

• I would like an evermore tour of some kind

• I made a great EP and ran

• everwhomst?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jark

User
it's been one year (and a bit) since Taylor's second surprise album of 2020, and I want to know what you all think of it.

obviously we did the folkmore vs. evermore poll, which folklore took 75% of the vote, but these two albums are almost always discussed (inevitably, I guess) in terms of which is better. but I'm keen to get your thoughts on this album's own merits, since I think it got a little lost between folklore and the Taylor's Versions of '21.

an interesting (and sad!) fact - she's never performed anything from this album. the only performance snippet is this 1-minute rendition of Champagne Problems from last month.

select the options that apply. favourite songs? unpopular opinions? any you straight-up HATE?

I would say that while I don't know it's her best album, it is her strongest front to back. I can listen without skips. I think it's a gorgeous mood piece and a real winter record, so it really resonates at times like this when there's nothing to do but be cosy indoors.

I'm also a bit sad it didn't get a couple more proper singles. no body no crime is SCREAMING OUT for it (imagine the video treatment! :disco:) and cowboy like me would've hit the spot too. these two along with evermore, happiness, dorothea and 'tis the damn season are probably my standouts.

unpopular opinion - I don't care that much for willow. I don't know why it was the lead single, or the opening track. but it's actually done better than cardigan so what do I know?

I would really like a tour of some kind, maybe more intimate dates focused just on folklore + evermore rather than the usual arena/stadium affair. these songs deserve their moment.

09 Willow
09 Champagne Problems
09 Gold Rush
09 Tis the Damn Season
08 Tolerate It
09 No Body No Crime
07 Happiness (maybe a 7.5)
08 Dorothea
07 Coney Island
07 Ivy
09 Cowbody Like Me
10 Long Story Short
06 Marjorie
10 Evermore

The bonus tracks have never showed themselves to me.

I like it. Folklore is better, and the tracks are more instantly recogniseable to me on Folklore. It's very much up there with her best as she gets older and her sound and songwriting get maturer.

evermore is such a fantastic closer. that piano riff is very emotional to me. love the way the song speeds up for Bon Iver's part, and then mellows again for the outro when she's made peace with the feeling not being "for evermore". ugh. so good.

It took a year for me to really love it, but I think it’s up with her best now. Like @Merry Tischmas! said, it’s harder to distinguish the individual songs, but it’s a great winter listen

evermore is such a fantastic closer. that piano riff is very emotional to me. love the way the song speeds up for Bon Iver's part, and then mellows again for the outro when she's made peace with the feeling not being "for evermore". ugh. so good.
I'm only just realising but I think my two favourites from Folklore and Evermore are actually the two Bon Iver tracks :shock:

My friend in high school was so snobby about liking Bon Iver instead of pop music. But look at him now, working with Taylor Swift and making music for Netflix movies

I'm only just realising but I think my two favourites from Folklore and Evermore are actually the two Bon Iver tracks :shock:
they work great together! but Bon Iver + pop girl always works nicely. do you know his lovely song with The Japanese House? it's called Dionne, you might like it if you don't know it already.

I've always wondered why both Taylor and Katy suspiciously released a song called Champagne Problems at the same time, what does it even mean? Does it refer to problems only rich people have? :shock: :cautious:

it's when you go to the supermarket and they only have Moët, but you find that terribly basic so you call Rosa and have her collect a bottle of Veuve Clicquot while taking Adrienne and Alasdair to lacrosse practice on the upper east side.

so yes.

Overheard In Waitrose EP
1. Champagne Problems
2. Allegra & Cavolo (Nero)
3. White Balsamico Blues
4. Parsley, Sage, Sumak & Zaatar

I've always wondered why both Taylor and Katy suspiciously released a song called Champagne Problems at the same time, what does it even mean? Does it refer to problems only rich people have? :shock: :cautious:
Meghan Trainor and Nick Jonas also released "Champagne Problems". I like Taylor's but the other three are mediocre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom