Everybody's Talking About Jamie

Is it a Work of Art?

• Total voters

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
Out on Amazon Prime today! Disappointed it didn't make it for a proper cinema release as it seems to just be playing at 8-9pm at selected Curzons, otherwise I would go.

Haven't read any reviews but will watch it tonight, having seen the stage show twice so am expecting big things.

Oh even better than the musical.
Sarah Lancashire AMAZING AS EVER

I had no idea Sarah Lancashire could sing that well :o

I think the stage show is slightly better, but very good, and I kind of understand why it went straight to streaming. 7/10

I absolutely loved it but think it dipped slightly in the middle. The beginning and end more than make up for it though.

It’s very true to the stage show and doesn’t stray far from it. It boils my piss that the cut the ‘it boils my piss’ line.

Max Harwood is an absolute super star. Incredible. The whole cast are wonderful… including myself! I am in the Richard E Grant musical number flashback scene :disco: and the street party at the end but it’s so fast moving I didn’t spot myself whilst in the cinema watching it at the Sheffield premiere tonight… need to watch again on Amazon and watch itback frame by frame

Max Harwood is an absolute super star. Incredible. The whole cast are wonderful… including myself! I am in the Richard E Grant musical number flashback scene :disco: and the street party at the end but it’s so fast moving I didn’t spot myself whilst in the cinema watching it at the Sheffield premiere tonight… need to watch again on Amazon and watch itback frame by frame
Need to know the time stamp if you do see yourself!

It has heart, I will say that. Maybe I'm becoming a mushy old queen but parts of it were emotionally resonant. That being said, it was still too musical theatre by numbers for my liking and I'd have preferred a bit more grit to it.

I can’t think of this title without hearing Alaska and Willam taking the piss out of Visage’s accent

God I fucking loved that, I sobbed through the entire thing.

Sharon Horgan - ICONIC.

He’s My Boy ends me every single time. Queen Sarah :disco:

The new additions and songs work so well. This is how to do a stage to film adaptation. Tens across the board.

God I fucking loved that, I sobbed through the entire thing.

Sharon Horgan - ICONIC.

He’s My Boy ends me every single time. Queen Sarah :disco:

The new additions and songs work so well. This is how to do a stage to film adaptation. Tens across the board.
Yes babe He's My Boy was my fave moment as well. It was lovely.

I enjoyed it! I also think it dipped a little halfway but the emotional moments were great and I am sure we can all relate to wanting to sock it to the school bully!

@Tisch instantly spotted @Beryl. It took me a bit longer but I was looking for LONG LOCKS!

I enjoyed it! I also think it dipped a little halfway but the emotional moments were great and I am sure we can all relate to wanting to sock it to the school bully!

@Tisch instantly spotted @Beryl. It took me a bit longer but I was looking for LONG LOCKS!
Short hair and clean shaven, my own mother wouldn’t recognise me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom