Facebook rebranding

Do you use Facebook?

• Total voters
Sounds like it will just be the parent company, not the platform? Still a big thing, but presumably won't really affect users.

Sounds like it will just be the parent company, not the platform? Still a big thing, but presumably won't really affect users.
Ah yep thanks, I misunderstood!

I added a DO YOU USE FACEBOOK POLL

Isn’t the Oculus called “Oculus by Facebook”?

I feel I heard that because it’s sponsoring the new Gamesmaster specials this autumn

Hate Facebook with a passion

It’s the best of people and the worst of people but one doesn’t cancel out the other. I hated what I was reading on there, coming off improved my mental health immensely

I have to use it for the BIZNIZ but my actual dwell time is now quite low, it rarely makes me happy when I do loiter

Yes, I think it will be like when Google became Alphabet - the products will stay the same.

Wouldn’t people still call it Facebook?

I barely use it nowadays; I open the app to check if I’ve got any notification from the group for the building I live in or anything else of ”value”.

I have even stopped wishing people a happy birthday lately. :o

I haven't posted anything since 2016 and rarely react on anything, except if an old friend is opening a shop and actively asks to like their page. But I use the FB messenger functionality daily.

The real action happens in the PRIVATE GROUPS. That's how my first account got banned. Great fun.

Use Facebook for events only.
I would come off if not for events and the fact that a few people I talk to don't whatsapp.

that said I haven't even used their events function since the pandemic begun and most events now can be organised in whatsapp so maybe I'll just FUCKING QUIT

I would come off if not for events and the fact that a few people I talk to don't whatsapp.

that said I haven't even used their events function since the pandemic begun and most events now can be organised in whatsapp so maybe I'll just FUCKING QUIT
events on whatsapp? HOW?

There was an interesting survey earlier this year regarding the age of facebook users in the UK. Although the largest single demographic of facebook users is aged 25-34, it's clearly being dropped (or not picked up at all) by younger people. Only 20% of its users are younger than 25, whereas 35% are 45+. And they have twice as many users over 65 as under 18.

switch to Resident Advisor! we all have to take the hit to BRING DOWN THE ZUCK.

There was an interesting survey earlier this year regarding the age of facebook users in the UK. Although the largest single demographic of facebook users is aged 25-34, it's clearly being dropped (or not picked up at all) by younger people. Only 20% of its users are younger than 25, whereas 35% are 45+. And they have twice as many users over 65 as under 18.

Almost nobody I know under 25 uses Facebook

Almost nobody I know under 25 uses Facebook
When I think of my brother's children, the eldest (27) has it, does use it, but nowhere as much as instagram. The middle one (24) has a Facebook account but I don't think I've seen him post anything for a couple of years. The youngest (17) has never had it.

When I think of my brother's children, the eldest (27) has it, does use it, but nowhere as much as instagram. The middle one (24) has a Facebook account but I don't think I've seen him post anything for a couple of years. The youngest (17) has never had it.
I have it but only post stuff when it’s automatic from Instagram. My niece and nephew (14 year old twins) don’t have it or care about it at all. They both use Instagram and Snapchat

The only people under 50 I know who still use Facebook only do so because it copies over their Instagram posts to both platforms.

Fully aware they’re the same company, but I personally don’t use either. I’m too young for Facebook and too old to understand the point of Instagram.

I use Facebook to fight off people who used to post on DenDen in some Spice Girls group I joined ages ago and it's fun sometimes.

Also, STALKING....though lately, I prefer to stalk people on Linkedin.

Last edited:
I use it for group fun ("lol") and messenger (rip msn). If the column would show things in order of being posted only, or have that option, then I might bother to read and scroll, but absolutely no way do I currently bother to do so or add to it. I'm also old and grumpy.

I 'use' Facebook a lot in terms of looking at it a lot (on my phone at least - rarely on my laptop or tablet), but I rarely engage with it to the extent of posting anything on it. It's usually a way of keeping an eye on other people, rather than giving them anything about me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom