Father John Misty - new album in 2022

The King Of Pop has updated his instagram and has unveiled a fresh and sexy new look for us.

I can't wait.

1640087581211.png

I Love You, Honeybear was one of my favorite albums at the time, and I still listen to it a lot. Weirdly, I only listened to Pure Comedy once and never listened to God's Favorite Customer. I should fix that

I Love You, Honeybear was one of my favorite albums at the time, and I still listen to it a lot. Weirdly, I only listened to Pure Comedy once and never listened to God's Favorite Customer. I should fix that

strangely, i have the same trajectory, though i did give pure comedy a bit of rotation (heart smoochie and things it would've been...).
guess i can warm up for the new one with god's favourite customer.

honeybear
is one of my favourite records ever. true affection aside, all the rest is 10/10 - it just doesn't fit with the album to my ears.

Reactions: RJN
I think that happened to a lot of people actually. He was everywhere for a while and then a lot less talked about

I'm listening to "God's favorite customer" and, to my ears, his style is similar to Rufus Wainwright's.

strangely, i have the same trajectory, though i did give pure comedy a bit of rotation (heart smoochie and things it would've been...).
guess i can warm up for the new one with god's favourite customer.

honeybear
is one of my favourite records ever. true affection aside, all the rest is 10/10 - it just doesn't fit with the album to my ears.
It's so good live though :disco:

FJM album rankings:

1. God's Favourite Customer
2. I Love You, Honeybear
3. Pure Comedy
4. Fear FUN
5. Live at Fourth Man or whatever

i just had honeybear on again. i love love it.

10 i love you honeybear
10 chateau lobby #4 (in c for two virgins)
08 true affection
11 the night josh tillman came to our apt.
11 when you're smiling and astride me
09 nothing good ever happens at the goddamn thirsty crow
11 strange encounter
10 the ideal husband
10 bored in the usa
09 holy shit
10 i went to the store one day

god's favourite customer now.

has anyone listened to the album yet? I did and I need more time with it (I am new to him!) but Goodbye Mr. Blue has me in its lovely grip. such a beautiful song...
I have and it's... not for me I'm afraid.
It might be a grower but it's easily my least favourite album of his :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom