Favorite Tiffany single

Children behaave, that's what they say when we're together

• Total voters
She must be REALLY shit. Mr L has just informed me that he turned down her Greatest Hits for £1 in Rise today, and he'll buy any old cack, believe me.

Her first album is AMAZING, genuinely, I think so anyway... there's only one bad track (Kid on a Corner). The second album, less so, it's half full of what sounds like 80s sitcom music, but it has its moments. "Promises Made" is particularly phenomenal, her best vocal by a mile and quite a mature song. VoR would LOVE it

Last edited by a moderator:
It was all about Debbie Gibson for me in the teen queen pop battle of the '80s. Tiffany just didn't cut it. Taylor Dayne was better too, though she wasn't a teen. However, Tiffany's work as an adult is much better than Debbie's, I quite enjoyed the last three Tiffany albums.

The only Debbie Gibson songs I really liked were "Only in My Dreams" (which is arguably the best song between her and Tiffany) and "Losin' Myself". Both of their 90s transitional stuff was mostly piss but I like "Open My Eyes" and "I'm Not Sleeping".

For me:

Tiffany >> Martika >> Taylor Dayne >>>>>> Debbie Gibson

Last edited:
Martika Martika Martika. And that's only for about one and a half albums.

The rest, no thanks, barring about 5 singles between the lot of them.

Come on GET SOME in Martika's kitchen, baby :disco:

Taylor had decent run of singles, shame about the voice and looks.

I find Tiffany's voice genuinely unbearable.

Her finest moment was clearly THIS.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vPCuB02H2w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vPCuB02H2w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1. Taylor Dayne
2. Martika
3. Debbie Gibson

4. Tiffany

The quarantine has brought out my inner-Tiffany loon

Time for an updated top ten:

1. Radio Romance
2. Promises Made
3. Can't Stop a Heartbeat
4. I Think We're Alone Now
5. Feelings of Forever
6. Could've Been
7. I Saw Him Standing There
8. Should've Been Me
9. Walk Away While You Can
10. Out of My Heart

From WHO?
Just say from the one who loves you baby!
:disco:

The quarantine has brought out my inner-Tiffany loon

Time for an updated top ten:

1. Radio Romance
2. Promises Made
3. Can't Stop a Heartbeat
4. I Think We're Alone Now
5. Feelings of Forever
6. Could've Been
7. I Saw Him Standing There
8. Should've Been Me
9. Walk Away While You Can
10. Out of My Heart

From WHO?
Just say from the one who loves you baby!
:disco:
u ok hun?

On a Tiffany vs Debbie Gibson tip, I do find it quite interesting how Debbie had the makings of a genuine prodigy from the start, whereas Tiffany was a classic puppet. But these days, Debbie seems content to float around the lower rungs of the reality TV hangers-on circuit and release absolute novelty crap, whereas poor old Tiff has genuinely tried to keep evolving as an artist - not that anybody really cares of course, but bless her for ploughing on.

I think she’s clearly drunk in the TMZ vid, but it’s better professionally to say she had a panic attack. It’s a shame that video is making the news for her as she normally always brings it vocally.

I love Radio Romance but I am always tickled by the fact that the team heard that recorded vocal and thought “that’s the one, nailed it!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom