Favourite iconic ENYA studio album cover

Favourite ICONIC ENYA studio album cover?

• Enya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Day Without Rain

• Amarantine

• Dark Sky Island

• Other - e.g. 'The Celts', 'Paint The Sky With Stars', etc.

• Total voters
Enya_%28album%29.jpg

ENYA unusual debut for the Queen of Serenity in which she unleashes herself onto the world with her 'boss bitch' chic referencing David Bowie / modern hip hop. It was later reissued in 1992 as 'The Celts', with a far more appropriate cover. I think of @POP! yes, I do.

5110CXeB2EL._AC_.jpg

WATERMARK impressionistic Monet queen in watercolours. The Queen of Serenity was truly upon us with this album cover. The vivid colours contrast beautifully with the timbre and tonality of the record. @Iguana @Tisch

91xTtGsYo4L._AC_SL1417_.jpg

SHEPHERD MOONS Reminiscent of Picasso's 'blue period', our queen looks into the distance dramatically. I have a feeling this could be a favourite with @Lucille or @COB ?

R-300331-1615799987-7546.jpeg.jpg

THE MEMORY OF TREES Enya returns to her 'swag' roots and reminds us all who the real Queen is in this medieval royalty chic outing, sitting on her throne. Hint of Illuminati remix of course. I think of @Ag when I see this album cover.

8186gddsTnL._AC_SL1417_.jpg

A DAY WITHOUT RAIN The queen gives us a fuss-free, almost Woolf-esque artistic album over that fits the mood of her most successful album to date in the USA. Clean, understated and to the point. Almost Taylor Swift-like, really. I suppose this could be a @Jark favourite? Then again, there is also a very bright, breezy and distinctly relistanble feel to this artwork @Iguana (again) @Alex

61xw0afi5DL._AC_SL1417_.jpg

AMARANTINE our temptress enters her 'Erotica/SEX' era here, with this naughty 'get-up' which may have alienated some of her core fanbase who prefer the flowy/floral dress classic look. I know that @Zu 2 (RIP) loved to hate this.

71F5TR5VLUL._AC_SL1425_.jpg

AND WINTER CAME... Mariah eat your heart out! Enya in a winter wonderland (with a prop horse, naturally), giving us off the shoulder chic. (Some might say the hints of the temptress from 'Amarantine' lives on here with that slightly mischievous look in her airbrushed eye.) I think it's a @jivafox favourite, and how could it not be? I mean, look at it. What an icon.

91BQUmhqY-L._SS500_PIPJStripe-Robin-Large-V2,TopLeft,0,0_.jpg

DARK SKY ISLAND the pose might harken back to 'Shepherd Moons', but our queen looks a bit more pensive here perhaps as she looks onto the winter of her life. The dark pictorial palette complements the album's moods beautifully. I think @lolly would love this.

Last edited:
For POSTERITY

ENYA ALBUM COVER RATE (yes, I do realise this is becoming ever more lunatic)

05 Enya - NOT the logo we've all come to love and want on our walls in crushed gold velvet with a blood red surround
10 Watermark - EBLOUISSANT :disco:
09 Shepherd Moons - Starting to look a bit deranged and like she's had her heart sawn out on this one
07 The Celts - Looks a bit BONDAGED if you ask me, but a very obvious Tarkovsky influence wall-wise. I'm thinking 'Stalker'
07 The Memory Of Trees - Getting a bit ridiculous. At least she's keeping an eye on the mice and that certainly is a very sexy cap :horny:
07 Paint The Sky With Stars - All very well, but WHERE'S THE MUCH LOVED LOGO?
07 A Day Without Rain - Looks terribly uncomfortable, like there's some bad wind brewing or she's straining for a poo
03 Amarantine - DISGUSTING. I very nearly went off her at this point. The 'Amarantine' font is VILE, the shiny leggings are horrible and generally it screams Lorraine Kelly crawling round on the floor having a psychotic breakdown
07 And Winter Came - Again, horrible font used for the title and the pony's all a bit embarrassing with a clear Modern Talking 'Romantic Warriors' influence. That said, quite nice dress and she's managed to keep pleasantly slim for the gays
10 The Very Best Of Enya - YES I THINK SO. Lovely picture, pleasing font, much-loved logo, etc.
10 Dark Sky Island - PRAISE BE. Quite the Diamanda Galas influence, although the poor love looks more comatose than ever. JUST HOW I LIKE HER

R-300330-1608049913-4514.png.jpg

Bonus 1: The Celts (Enya '92 reissue)
I suppose the 'Enya' swag is still there, sans the two accompanying vicious bitches.

The image reinvention is complete of course with the liner notes and serene pose on the river.

R-300330-1608049912-8039.png.jpg

03 Amarantine - DISGUSTING. I very nearly went off her at this point. The 'Amarantine' font is VILE, the shiny leggings are horrible and generally it screams Lorraine Kelly crawling round on the floor having a psychotic breakdown

Come back @Zu 2 :(

Come back @Zu 2 :(
If ever there was a thread capable of calling Zu back, it is this.

Also, the eternal question and Sophie's Choice for discerning gays will always be: which Enya 'Best Of' compilation album cover do you prefer?

R-636215-1557927312-7261.jpeg.jpg

PAINT THE SKY WITH STARS: THE BEST OF ENYA

R-2029801-1291343319.jpeg.jpg

THE VERY BEST OF ENYA

I think this needs a separate POLE really.

Also, the eternal question and Sophie's Choice for discerning gays will always be: which Enya 'Best Of' compilation album cover do you prefer?

THE VERY BEST OF ENYA

Same.

My heart is telling The Very Best of Enya but my head is very much Paint The Sky With Stars Mathematical Astrology / Astronomy Algebra Queen.

al-khwarizmi+.jpg

I think it's actually The Memory of Trees for me. There's just something so evocative about it.

And the back cover is also :disco:

R-300331-1170402481.jpeg.jpg

Of course it’s the iconic And Winter Came… cover. Also the greatest holiday album of all time.

I’ve always enjoyed the cheeky and mysterious vibe of the Christmas Secrets EP.

BE555D4F-8282-4750-B182-692687700801.jpeg

Of course it’s the iconic And Winter Came… cover. Also the greatest holiday album of all time.

I’ve always enjoyed the cheeky and mysterious vibe of the Christmas Secrets EP.

View attachment 6470
As Zu would have said, the 'Christmas Secrets' font is disgusting, but she makes up for it with that cheeky glint and the hint of cleavage in this sexy nightie 'get-up', plus retaining the iconic ENYA font always helps :disco:

Memory of Trees (back cover). I do like the debut though - it reminds me a bit of the new vinyl variant cover of Chemtrails they released for record store day. :disco:

THE VERY BEST OF ENYA

I feel so blessed to have grown up in a household that owned Paint The Sky With Stars on CD and I consider it my favorite, but not necessarily most iconic. We also owned A Day Without Rain CD but I like that cover less. I think Shepherd Moon is the best

Some of those fonts (that were obviously downloaded free from a geocities site) are DREADFUL and remind me of the unexplained Cherise & Nadia era of Booty Luv.

ab67616d0000b273250e12e5e89287a29b8cf853

You can see that this abomination was also inspired by Modern Talking’s “Romantic Warriors”. Who’d have thought B.Luv and Enya had so much in common?

THE VERY BEST OF ENYA

This one wins for me

I enjoy the story it tells. This is not so much blossoming, but more our heroine having wandered into the path of a rogue moonbeam and had her bottom half SEVERED. As her innards BLOOM out, we can see our inconvenienced queen is mildly unimpressed, as she slowly gazes upwards and prepares to give the Moon a GENTLE SCOLDING (in several simultaneous layered voices).

If only the Moon understood Loxian.

Last edited:
What does Amarantine even mean? Something to do with rouged velvet, presumably.
"Amarantine" is a single by Irish musician Enya, taken from the album of the same name. The word is taken from ancient Greek and means everlasting or immortal (the same as the amaranth flower).

From the 'Amarantine' single Wikipedia entry (UK No. 53 in 2005).

"Amarantine" is a single by Irish musician Enya, taken from the album of the same name. The word is taken from ancient Greek and means everlasting or immortal (the same as the amaranth flower).

From the 'Amarantine' single Wikipedia entry (UK No. 53 in 2005).
Every day’s a school day with Enya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom