Favourite iconic ENYA studio album cover

Favourite ICONIC ENYA studio album cover?

• Enya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Day Without Rain

• Amarantine

• Dark Sky Island

• Other - e.g. 'The Celts', 'Paint The Sky With Stars', etc.

• Total voters
I love the cover for Cozycot (For Women By Women)
DKCN-a-ZXc-AAv72b.jpg

Enya
Watermark
Shepherd Moons
The Memory of Trees
A Day Without Rain
Amarantine
And Winter Came...

Dark Sky Island

AND WHAT

in the battle of the GH, I think Paint the sky with stars comes out on top. I love that title too.
The Very Best looks like she's being extruded from an enraged bumhole

My favourite Enya album cover is probably The Memory of Trees 🌳🪄

The late Gina Lollobrigida definitely inspired Enya for some photos, especially TVBOE ❤️

Reactions: COB
THE MEMORY OF TREES Enya returns to her 'swag' roots and reminds us all who the real Queen is in this medieval royalty chic outing, sitting on her throne. Hint of Illuminati remix of course. I think of @Ag when I see this album cover
@Building A Mystery WHY?

I'm not against it, and it's pure ENYACORE, but PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I've just spent quite a long time putting together the following rate of album covers. I DO HOPE THE EFFORT IS APPRECIATED

05 Enya - NOT the logo we've all come to love and want on our walls in crushed gold velvet with a blood red surround
11 Watermark - EBLOUISSANT :disco:
09 Shepherd Moons - Starting to look a bit deranged and like she's had her heart sawn out on this one
07 The Celts - Looks a bit BONDAGED if you ask me, but a very obvious Tarkovsky influence wall-wise. I'm thinking 'Stalker'
07 The Memory Of Trees - Getting a bit ridiculous. At least she's keeping an eye on the mice and that certainly is a very sexy cap :horny:
07 Paint The Sky With Stars - All very well, but WHERE'S THE MUCH LOVED LOGO?
07 A Day Without Rain - Looks terribly uncomfortable, like there's some bad wind brewing or she's straining for a poo
03 Amarantine - DISGUSTING. I very nearly went off her at this point. The 'Amarantine' font is VILE, the shiny leggings are horrible and generally it screams Lorraine Kelly crawling round on the floor having a psychotic breakdown
07 And Winter Came - Again, horrible font used for the title and the pony's all a bit embarrassing with a clear Modern Talking 'Romantic Warriors' influence. That said, quite nice dress and she's managed to keep pleasantly slim for the gays
10 The Very Best Of Enya - YES I THINK SO. Lovely picture, pleasing font, much-loved logo, etc.
10 Dark Sky Island - PRAISE BE. Quite the Diamanda Galas influence, although the poor love looks more comatose than ever. JUST HOW I LIKE HER

A very unkind friend of mine once suggested that she might be stricken with SYPHILIS which is why she doesn't realise that all the albums sound the same :(

A very unkind friend of mine once suggested that she might be stricken with SYPHILIS which is why she doesn't realise that all the albums sound the same :(

I wonder who THAT WAS :o

I note with disgust that it's now SIX YEARS since 'And Winter Came...' How long does it take this slothful woman to slop herself out of her syphilitic coma, slump along in her clogs to the en-suite studio and produce another 40 minute album which uses all the same vocal samples as the last one, not to mention sounding utterly identical GENERALLY? One hopes that Roma isn't holding matters up with ongoing confusion about how to conjugate the subjunctive in LOXIAN :zombie:

HONESTLY EITHNE DO GET ON WITH IT

8186gddsTnL._AC_SL1417_.jpg

A DAY WITHOUT RAIN The queen gives us a fuss-free, almost Woolf-esque artistic album over that fits the mood of her most successful album to date in the USA. Clean, understated and to the point. Almost Taylor Swift-like
:eyes: I'm not sure that I really understand this one and what it's trying to convey. NO BRA FOR ONE, cheap arse top from H&M, an intriguing nay distressing choice of satsuma lipstick and that right tit is certainly bulging for attention

I still CANNOT EVEN with that Amarantine cover. Is the red top attached to the train AND WHY? Why is it shiny? Is this EVERYDAY CASTLEWEAR? Why is she clenching her right fist? Does it contain the key to Manderley? Who thought that LIFE'S NICER ON HALDOL made for a suitable facial expression?

SO MANY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS AND WE MAY NEVER EVER KNOW :(

I came up with alternative 'spookier' Enya album titles a month ago, revisited the idea yesterday and made this match-up game 😄
Play here🪄📔
Altered title designs for these album covers too 🎨⤵️
(Has the answers if you try the game - see this!✨)

Reactions: COB
Haha, the one I'd been thinking about most today was "Popcorn Is Irreversible, Kernel" - perhaps more funny than spooky 🍿😅
Refers more to the songs - once these become popular hits, or 'best of' tracks , there is no real return to being that underrated little piece 🎵
This 'kernel' thing is linked to how one of the meanings for her name, Eithne, includes 'kernel' (also 'grain', 'little fire', 'source of life') :enya:
Today I also learnt that unpopped popcorn kernels are called 'old maids' 🙈

Which font(s) do people approve of out of the 'redone titles' ?

Last edited:
:eyes: I'm not sure that I really understand this one and what it's trying to convey. NO BRA FOR ONE, cheap arse top from H&M, an intriguing nay distressing choice of satsuma lipstick and that right tit is certainly bulging for attention
It is an impressionistic Monet afternoon delight! And that erect nipple is certainly :horny:

I just tried to think about what my favourite singal cover would be but I got overwhelmed, there are so many good ones

I think I'm ready to put together a collection of my favourites

My00NTM2LmpwZWc.jpeg

Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

Ni01NTg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

MTAtNTk3Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

MS0xNjA0LmpwZWc.jpeg

NC0yMDY3LmpwZWc.jpeg

OS05MDMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

You might be wondering what sets these apart from her other single covers when basically all of them are variations on the same photograph of Enya looking forward, looking to the side, leaning down or standing up, but as we've established there's a fine line between being much-loved and being disgusting

I’ve never seen that I Want Tomorrow cover before. But isn’t that rabbit-murdering JEANETTE WINTERSON?

I really can’t decide. Enya's album covers are known for their unique and distinctive style, featuring dreamy landscapes, mystical elements, and a sense of otherworldliness that complements her music.

My favourite Enya album cover remains The Memory of Trees
Still, I thought of mentioning Amarantine again :D I found the video where there's a less photoshopped/airbrushed version (right):
HQK6J7n.png

I think that with a bit more contrast, shadow
HQKiHDG.png

and amaranthus flower foliage🥀 or something in the background would have made for a better cover. Oh well 😅

AMARANTINE our temptress enters her 'Erotica/SEX' era here, with this naughty 'get-up' which may have alienated some of her core fanbase who prefer the flowy/floral dress classic look. I know that @Zu 2 (RIP) loved to hate this.
The fans you allude to must be the same ones who went crazy when these pics (from the Paris launch party) appeared: :rofl:

Bonus humo(u)r link:
Interview with the Dress!

I suppose it'll remain The Memory of Trees with the best album cover (and Watermark the most alluring) but I imagive that the next one could be rather distinctive (beyond the 'enyalogo') and vibrant :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom