Favourite Texas Top 10 singles

Favourite Texas hits

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Derivative as fuck but a very good singles band. They've had 13 top 10s in the UK, technically Say What You Want was top 10 twice so I've only included it in the poll once and given a slot in the poll to my fave non Top 10 of theirs Can't Resist. Halo felt bigger than number 10.

I loathe I Don't Want A Lover for some reason. Dreadful song.

Put Your Arms Around Me always sounded Eurythmiccy to me, without realising a certain David A Stewart co-wrote it.

If I had to pick a top 3 it'd be Halo, Summer Son and Inner Smile.

In Our Lifetime and Summer Son hold a certain nostalgic quality for me and still get regular plays. The less said about Carnival Girl the better. Red Book was a terribly underrated album and the singles were great.

This poll depresses me when I think of how SHIT they are now. No desire at all to buy the new album :(

I have no shame in admitting I LOVE Texas. Their GH is one of my most played CDs.

My ultimate favourite is Inner Smile, such a bloody uplifting track and her voice is crazy on it. Their 'ballads' are gorgeous too, especially In Demand, but special mention to Insane which is missed from the poll.

I will listen to the new album but I had no idea it's out this week! Seems like a very muted release.

I have no shame in admitting I LOVE Texas. Their GH is one of my most played CDs.

My ultimate favourite is Inner Smile, such a bloody uplifting track and her voice is crazy on it. Their 'ballads' are gorgeous too, especially In Demand, but special mention to Insane which is missed from the poll.

I will listen to the new album but I had no idea it's out this week! Seems like a very muted release.

Let's work it out is just AWFUL :(

I don't think much of them at all, but I suppose "Halo" for the music and "In Demand" for the lyrics. Wish you had included "When We Are Together" though - that was ALRIGHT

Gotta be the illuminating 'Cyndi Lauper does Elvis' tastic Inner Smile, and I really do adore Halo. Could care less about the rest, but Saint and I'll See It Through are my other keepers.

Inner Smile and Summer Son. Both brilliant.

Didn't care much for the rest other than 'it's ok'.

Didn't anyone else think it was her vag? You touched my inner smile?? I can't think of a version that ISN'T about that!

I'm having a major Texas revival these days - as BoysForSeles said, they were (are) a great singles act.

TOP 10

01 Getaway
02 Summer Son
03 Inner Smile
04 In Our Lifetime
05 Cry
06 I Don't Want A Lover
07 Sleep
08 Round the World
09 What About Us
10 Say What You Want

Red Book was a superbly slick album that still sounds fresh today, and Getaway is just a towering moment of sheer melancholic glory - the bells make it feel like a less sweaty companion piece to Summer Son, their other discography highlight. Cry should have been a single too, it's excellent. Round the World was a real winner from the last album. There's something very calming about our Shar's voice to me, I'm glad they're still around and have a decent enough fanbase to put out albums when the mood takes.

Carnival Girl was such a misstep as the follow-up to one of their biggest albums. A soggy biscuit of a song

When We Are Together is Sunday afternoon heaven

Summer Son, Halo, In Our Lifetime, and In demand round out my top 5

I adore Carnival Girl these days even though it is effectively a half-arsed rehash of Say What You Want (All Day, Every Day)

Summer Son.

Wasn’t there a single after it that was rather good? I don’t think it’s in the poll.

Texas had some proper bangers and along with The Corrs were one of my 90's MOR obsessions. For me

1) In Demand
2) Summer Son
3) Put You're Arms Around Me
4) Halo
5) Getaway

I have to re-acquaint myself with those last run of top 10 Singlalz- I am less familiar with them.
Some of their biggest were so overplayed at the time that whilst they are amazing tracks, they aren't in my personal top 5

Along with Two Hearts by Phil Collins, When We Are Together would have made a great Diana Ross cover opportunity. Did not like that video though - when Vanilla execute a concept better than you it's time for a re-think.

I LOVE TEXAS

The Hush album is an absolute cracker, a total summery vibe from start to finish. I love Sharleen’s voice. Their early stuff is very Southern Rock which is popular with Scottish bands randomly, and I do love that sound. She’s also done a couple of very good Al Green covers which would normally be a NO but she/they pull it off.

A nice example of a band that persevered through mediocre success and made it big on their 4th album almost a decade after the debut.

Say What You Want is a fun bop but it wouldn’t even be in my Top Ten. The other three main singles are all better.

Black Eyed Boy is a marvel live.

They got progressively worse post Greatest Hits but there’s been some good tracks peppered over those several albums. But the 90s run is top work. They sold a gazillion albums between 97 and 01.

1. I Don’t Want A Lover
2. Saint
3. When We Are Together
4. Summer Son
5. Everyday Now
6. Sunday Afternoon
7. In Our Lifetime
8. Inner Smile
9. Black Eyed Boy
10. What About Us

Also:
Put Your Arms Around Me
Careful What You Wish For
Getaway
Move In
Halo
Insane
So In Love With You
Alone With You
Say What You Want

I don’t get the Creep copycat comparisons either. I mean yeah the beat is similar but that’s it right? The melody is completely different and so is the instrumentation.

I hate Texas

7956A842-F637-4AEA-B8AA-57BA795E58AB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom