Fe-M@il - Flee Fly Flo

On the subject of flop girl bands .. How the hell did this group manage to get 3 albums off the back of this #49 UK "hit"? :eyes:

funky

User

On the subject of flop girl bands .. How the hell did this group manage to get 3 albums off the back of this #49 UK "hit"? :eyes:

three albums? I’ve never even heard of them!

there’s a good club track in there somewhere if it had been given to a decent singer. The lack of star quality in that video is shocking. And don’t even get me started on the spoken word bits, my GOD :D

funky

User
perhaps this helps? It's from the NOW album booklet

various-artists-7243-5-27822-2-2-3-cd.jpg

all of those bands had albums already except for them :(

ace-ventura-gagging.gif

Madison

Everything goes up by six
I’m pretty sure I heard Flee Fly Flo (sans verses) in primary school in the 1990s. Possibly on the same day they did the Fast Food Song.

Apparently FLEE FLY FLO has been some sort of MINOR TIKTOK MOMENT :eyes:
IMAGINE if 20 years after release Fe-m@il RE-PEAK in the UK charts as a TikTok-fuelled streaming sensation :D

Marilyn

User
The origin of the chant is a bit of a low-stakes mystery (my favourite kind)

A (fabulously nerdy) reply on Reddit here thinks it goes back to the 40s and was definitely established by the 60s

Nice to know that Fe-m@il are part of a musical legacy that goes back 80 years :disco:

The origin of the chant is a bit of a low-stakes mystery (my favourite kind)

A (fabulously nerdy) reply on Reddit here thinks it goes back to the 40s and was definitely established by the 60s

Nice to know that Fe-m@il are part of a musical legacy that goes back 80 years :disco:

So it wasn't an ALL NEW ORIGINAL TRACK after all! :shock:

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
It sounds like something you would recite to summon a PAST RELATIVE

Reactions: VoR

aquaplex

User
As they got a mention, if anyone wants to dance to Girls@Play, my 2001 club night is coming up. Possibly the only time anyone will be able to dance to them before we all die.

Other qweens like Alsou, Suspersister, Tymes 4 and Caprice also likely to get their one and only PPL royalty of the year... and Jonathan Robbie Williams' mate Wilkes

There will be actual hits played too.

When I do 2000 night I will play Flee Fly Flo to clear out the place at 3am.

E6U7_HAXMAAm_wh

E8MHcjrXEAYjtdi

Tisch

Moopy GOLD™ member
As they got a mention, if anyone wants to dance to Girls@Play, my 2001 club night is coming up. Possibly the only time anyone will be able to dance to them before we all die.

Other qweens like Alsou, Suspersister, Tymes 4 and Caprice also likely to get their one and only PPL royalty of the year... and Jonathan Robbie Williams' mate Wilkes

There will be actual hits played too.

E6U7_HAXMAAm_wh

E8MHcjrXEAYjtdi
This looks so amazing. Is it really one night only 😢

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
I've never danced to Samantha Mumba at a club! :( :shock:

Dark Carnival

Raven Queen
Norwegian if I recall or at least some of them were. EDIT: Wrong Fe-mail.

This lot did the rounds on Smash Hits etc didn't they.
I only know this because I used to read Smash Hits the magazine. With no way of hearing this on a radio or TV back in the day when I was in Lebanon. I can’t believe I finally got to listen to this song some 20 years later!!

anyway, FLUSH 🚽

Devil

I Need A House
he looks like a WALKING DOUCHEBAG
2019 mainstream fashion was awful, just going on about wearing what looks like whatever you picked out first from your closet while blindfolded

I only know this because I used to read Smash Hits the magazine. With no way of hearing this on a radio or TV back in the day when I was in Lebanon. I can’t believe I finally got to listen to this song some 20 years later!!

anyway, FLUSH 🚽

Firstly, Devil can’t work technology so I can’t get rid of Pipos quote above and I don’t know where it has come from either.

Anyhoo, same DC except it was TOTP mag for me. First time I heard it was when I got Now 46 and was appalled at how shit it was given how much it had been promoted in that magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom