Felicity Huffman JAILED

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/feli...lin-arrested-college-admissions-bribery-scam/

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin have been charged along with 48 others in a massive bribery scam involving some of the most elite colleges in the country.

Court records show the actresses and others allegedly paid hefty bribes -- as much as $6 MILLION -- to get their kids into various schools, including Yale, Stanford, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

The US Attorney's Office is holding a press conference at 8:30 AM PT, and we are live streaming here.

The charges include conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. We've learned Felicity has been arrested and is presently in custody. We're told she will be released on a signature bond ... which essentially is a promise to appear in court.

The alleged scam was reportedly unearthed after authorities found a California businessman who ran an operation helping students get into the college of their choice. Authorities say parents would pay the man a predetermined amount which he would funnel to an SAT or ACT administrator or a college athletic coach.

The feds say if the money went to a college coach ... the coach would arrange a fake profile that listed the student as an athlete. If the money went to an exam administrator, the administrator would either hire a proctor to take the SAT/ACT or correct the student's answers.

As for Loughlin, she and her husband -- Mossimo Giannulli, the founder of Mossimo clothing -- allegedly paid $500,000 to have their 2 daughters designated as recruits for the crew team at USC ... despite the fact they did not actually participate in crew. However, the feds say Mossimo sent action photos of their daughters on rowing machines. Mossimo was also charged in the indictment.

As for Huffman, she and her husband, William H. Macy, allegedly made a charitable contribution of $15,000 to participate in a college entrance exam cheating scheme on behalf of their eldest daughter. The indictment says the daughter was given twice the amount of time to take the SAT as other students and the paid proctor agreed to secretly correct her answers afterwards.

The indictment says the girl received a score of 1420 on her SAT ... an improvement of approximately 400 points over her PSAT.

Macy was not indicted.

According to the docs, the FBI recorded phone calls in which Loughlin and Huffman talked about the scheme with a witness who was cooperating with authorities.

And, the federal indictment out of Boston has a twist ... it says most of the kids admitted to the schools had no idea their parents allegedly greased the wheels to get them in.

We reached out to the reps for both Felicity and Lori ... so far no word back.

According to the docs, the FBI recorded phone calls in which Loughlin and Huffman talked about the scheme with a witness who was cooperating with authorities.

There's a movie/HBO miniseries in that :disco:

Reactions: SDF
i don't know whether to lol or feel bad for felicity. she's hardly the only one to have done something like this.

the education system as a whole feels like a great, big mess. pretty much on par with everything else really.

Probably not the place for this, but I really hate the phrase “reached out” in news stories.

That's awful. And yet, I feel like this is only one of the thousand of cases of university briberies

we'd probably all do the same in her shoes if presented with the opportunity and if we thought our kids just weren't quite smart enough, so I don't totally blame her.

perhaps she can play herself in the next season of American Crime.

I can't imagine they put her in handcuffs. Could she go to prison for fraud? It doesn't seem particularly terrible but maybe the college system in the US is more complicated than I understand.

Bail set for 250k, Laughlin on the run

Felicity Huffman appeared in a Los Angeles federal courtroom in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon to face a charge of paying a bribe to boost her daughter’s SAT score.

Judge Alexander F. MacKinnon set her bond for $250,000. Though he was not indicted, Huffman’s husband William H. Macy sat in the front row in court.

“Full House” actress Lori Loughlin was not in court, but her husband Mossimo Giannulli’s bond was set at $1 million, secured against his home, since his charges were significantly more serious. When she has been arraigned, she will be allowed to return to Vancouver to work.

The next court date is set for March 29 in Boston for both Huffman and Mossimo, who surrendered their passports to the court.

Wearing a dark sweater and glasses, Huffman answered “yes” when asked if she understood the charges. Her attorney Evan Jenness had asked that she be released on her own recognizance, but the request was refused. Her real estate assets are valued at more than $20 million, in addition to $4 million in liquid securities, the prosecution specified.

Huffman is one of 46 people charged in the largest university admissions scheme in U.S. history. Also charged are numerous CEOs, investors, and other elite professionals.

Huffman was arrested at her Los Angeles home on Tuesday morning. Although Macy was not charged in the case, the affidavit states that “Huffman and her spouse agreed to the plan.”

Loughlin was not at home on Tuesday morning, and has not yet been arrested. Authorities are working to negotiate her surrender. She and Huffman each face a single count of mail fraud in connection with the scheme.

Loughlin and her husband are accused of paying $500,000 to get their two daughters into USC.

In all, federal prosecutors filed charges against 33 parents, some of whom allegedly paid millions of dollars to get their kids into elite universities. The scheme allegedly centered around William “Rick” Singer, a Newport Beach, Calif., admissions consultant. Singer allegedly developed a network of college coaches to help his clients get into selective universities.

Singer has agreed to plead guilty in the case.

Criminal defense attorneys say the admissions scandal has few precedents. There simply haven’t been many cases like this before.

Fucking infuriating. This is why so many of our kids don't even trying. Why would they when this kinda thing is so common?

And I bet you she'll come forward with some daft PC comment like "anyone would want the best for their child".

Reactions: GNL
Fucking infuriating. This is why so many of our kids don't even trying. Why would they when this kinda thing is so common?

And I bet you she'll come forward with some daft PC comment like "anyone would want the best for their child".

these sorry ass schools WISH they could keep celebrity children :disco:

don't you wish the BEST for Moroccan Cannon-Carey and Blue Ivy Carter?

Bluebell Madonna reportedly being "too famous for school" no one would take her in :disco: :o she will become a Youtube Make Up Artist instead:basil:

Pipo don't be silly. Those universities will be paying Mariah to enroll her children with them.

All other celebrity children can die.

what solace it must be to know that your spawn is not progressing in the world on accord of skill and ambition but because mommy's purse fell into the dean's lap

Is anyone shocked and appalled at this?

It’s America, of course money talks

Is anyone shocked and appalled at this?

It’s America, of course money talks
Isn’t it practically a given over here though? A lot of those Etonians are there because of their family’s money rather than academic abilities. Wasn’t Prince William said to be just an above average student and yet he went to St. Andrews?

Harvard literally lets you in if you’re even RELATED to somebody important.

Not surprised by rich (and famous) people cheating with money. Even in Singapore can an elite education be bought

Isn’t it practically a given over here though? A lot of those Etonians are there because of their family’s money rather than academic abilities. Wasn’t Prince William said to be just an above average student and yet he went to St. Andrews?

Exactly - this is so not shocking at all to a British person. A ridiculous number of Oxbridge places go to private school pupils. No way is that because they are all more intelligent.

I can't imagine they put her in handcuffs. Could she go to prison for fraud? It doesn't seem particularly terrible but maybe the college system in the US is more complicated than I understand.

Oh apparently she WAS arrested - and at gunpoint! Seems a bit excessive

TMZ reports that the 56-year-old actress was arrested by seven federal officials at 6am on Tuesday morning and ‘guns were drawn’. Sources told the publication FBI agents ‘drew their weapons’, as they ordered Felicity to leave her home and surrender. An insider familiar with the FBI added that guns would have been drawn as a ‘precaution’.

Lori Laughlin has been apprehended

She should sue (and use the money to get her kid in to Oxford instead :side-eye: )

Last edited:

Do I win a prize?

Lori Loughlin ‘believed her heart was in right place’ helping her daughters

I wanna see BLOOD. I want all those parents publicly shamed and reduced to only putting their children through scam colleges and watch their money burn.

I miss when celebrity children just became awful pop stars or famous whores, now Hollywood kids all bribe their way into Ivy League schools so they can set up the exact same app about self-care.

Twitter is, of course, awash with example of poor/black/poor and black people getting 5 years for stealing a pizza and suchlike. As well it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom