Festival of Brexit (now un-Brexit + renamed + exposing moths to moon sounds + post nation libtard snowflakes + fails to attact more than 1% of target)

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like this shit show could have merit as its own topic. Can't believe they're still going ahead with this. I look forward to the counter events.

I'm not really sure what this is meant to be. Is it a WORLD FAIR kind of affair? Like, will it just be a big tent full of businesses saying how great they are, or is there going to be an arts/culture aspect to it?

I'm not really sure what this is meant to be. Is it a WORLD FAIR kind of affair? Like, will it just be a big tent full of businesses saying how great they are, or is there going to be an arts/culture aspect to it?
Well they won’t get any small businesses to exhibit because they’ll all have been killed off by Brexit. Probably won’t get anyone from the arts or scientific spheres because they’re overwhelmingly pro-remain.
It’ll probably just be the usual middle aged white mutants with face tattoos having a singalong to Rule Britannia.

£29m :manson::manson::manson: I literally can't think of ANYTHING that money would be better spent on, especially during a pandemic, can you?

All because Boris wanted to be Prime Minister and Nigel Farage wanted to be relevant :)

funny how the world works, innit

Ew. I threw up a little in my mouth.

That sounds like an excellent time to be fully immersed in a video game or VR

£29m :manson::manson::manson: I literally can't think of ANYTHING that money would be better spent on, especially during a pandemic, can you?
Couldn’t find £17m to feed hungry kids but they can find a fuckload of money for Glastonbellend.
The biggest insult is that EVERY election held since 2016 has delivered a pro-remain majority. This is literally a celebration of a minority exerting it’s will on the majority, which is a bit rich considering these fucking mutants are scared of foreigners for that very reason.

Germany: "let's make the day of the reunification of East and West our National Holiday!"

UK: "Toodles EU - BREXITFESTIVAL"

It'd be funny if it wasn't so deeply sad. I feel for you having to deal with this poundshop Trump and his cronies as "government".

It's an absolute disgrace - a total waste of money and fuck anyone carrying on with it now they know what it *really* is. A few disappointments in there - Celtic Connections are literally getting into celebrating the very event that has completely ruined their thing; the tanking of the pound caused them enough problems with bringing US acts over, now they want to celebrate all the additional costs and red tape? Shame on them.

In unrelated news I’m faced with a pay freeze after a year of keeping people fed and housed during a pandemic. But yes, completely acceptable to shit money at cunts celebrating the fact that they’re cunts.

In unrelated news I’m faced with a pay freeze after a year of keeping people fed and housed during a pandemic. But yes, completely acceptable to shit money at cunts celebrating the fact that they’re cunts.

Sunak needs a kick in the eyes.

(Sorry, but after watching that clip last night, it's all I can think when I see your avatar...)

If the intent was to "bring people together again after Brexit", why on EARTH did they call it the 'Festival of Brexit'?

The actual money involved (I read £120 million?) is a relative pittance, which wouldn't normally be that much of an issue, but it really fucking smacks given how much of a penny-pinching dickhead Sunak is (despite his public image/popularity, which is all for stuff that he had to through gritted teeth). Transport for the North - Yorkshire's transport authority - had to scrap plans earlier this year to introduce smart ticketing/contactless payments for bus and train travel because the Tories wouldn't give them the £33 million they needed to do it. But of course they also really care about levelling up :) :) :)

Thing is, an actual non-Brexit branded successor to the original Festival of Britain wouldn't be a totally appalling idea if they actually were concerned about bringing people together again. But they never really are, are they?

OMG - the creatives have basically noticed this is free money for artists and just hijacked it and renamed it Unboxed! :D :D :D :disco:

unboxed1.jpeg

unboxed2.jpeg

unboxed3.jpeg

unboxed4.jpeg

The Daily Fail are going to have a FIELD DAY :disco:

I'm still going to ignore it, but if it is brought down from the inside whilst simultaneously funnelling millions of pounds to liberal left wing snowflake artists, it's going to be the best festival ever.

This is obviously going to flop HARD. All that money splashed at it and not a penny to let the world know it's happening?

I don't think I realised until right now that I AM POST NATION STATE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom