FEVER is 20

Eddie

User
Cue milking fans for coin: https://store.kylie.com/

So glad I’m an old fart now and can’t be bothered with any of it. £150 for a limited edition silver vinyl? Pftt.

Last edited:
2000 copies of the vinyl and sold out already? :o Who knew this is what anyone wanted?

Absolute daylight robbery!

First Kylie album I bought in 'real time', as it were.

With it selling out that’s quite a revenue for a pretty lazy effort without much promo cost. A deluxe cd with remixes and bsides might have tempted me but I can make a digital playlist should I want it I guess.

I was online when the silver was available still available and had that moment of 'should I?' which invariably comes if you hang around SayHey and see people whipping themselves into a frenzy, but decided against it and don't feel slightly sorry. It's hard to feel any excitement about for nothing new.

Not as brilliantly elaborated as Light Years, but with fewer rest stops, Fever was Kylie's maximum crossover. What it lacks in extravagance, its clarity is it's own special reward. Let's just pretend Tightrope wasn't hung out to dry as a b-side - one the most moving of all the Kylie eclipses.

Unbelievably, this is as old now as Soft Cell's 'Tainted Love' was when this came out!

Oh for fucks sake I missed out on yet another Fever vinyl. I’d have paid that money. It’s just not meant to be I suppose.

Love Affair, Fever and Your Love are all FABULOUS for album tracks.

After the sync listens of last year, its hard to deny it as her career peak in terms of EXCELLENCE.

You used to only be able to tell the QUEENS from the DRAGGED THEIR BY THEIR MISSUS types when the intro to Your Disco Needs You struck up and half the audience lost its proverbial shit whilst the rest looked on confused… :disco:

I will never forget the time OLD ELLEN accompanied me to the Golden Tour and as we pushed open the doors to walk into the O2:

Me: Now you prepare yourself, love, you’ll never have seen this many gays in one place before.
Ellen: Oh don’t be ridiculous, I’ve been going to gay clubs for yea…(walks in) JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

:D

it really is the greatest pop album. it had its own magic that proved impossible (for Kylie Ann or others) to replicate.

don't you feel the fever like I doo-ooh-hoo?

girls, is More More More not the ultimate sultry gem? or is it more of a SLINKY JAM?

either way, what an opener. what a song. très intoxicating. the disco daydream of it all...

It couldn't have a better album opener, I mean, if they had gone with "Head..." it would have been predictable but omg just the opening chords of MMM sends you into gay club HEAVEN.

Give it up GIVE IT UP
I just can't get ENOUGH
So give me
MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

Oooooooohhhh!!!!

Apparently the only reason BMG endorsed this Parlophone re-release mid album cycle (in spite of any so-called 20th anniversary celebrations) is because they (and Kylie) consider Disco to be the spiritual successor to Fever. Poor Body Language. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom