Fire Island (Gay RomCom)

Vote

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Inspired by Pride & Prejudice and starring many gay comedians.

Coming out on June 3rd (I’m assuming in Disney+)

This is out on D+. It’s really cute.

I enjoyed it but there are some seriously dodgy acting and delivered lines. Where did Bowen Yang study acting? :D

I guess there’s not the level of nudity people talked about on podcasts though, I haven’t seen anything capped. I mean it’s not on my Disney+ so I was curious OK?

I even tried… famousmales *shudder*

I enjoyed it but there are some seriously dodgy acting and delivered lines. Where did Bowen Yang study acting? :D

At the Royal Tampa Academy for Dramatic Tricks.

30 rock GIF

I found this really likeable and it said some interesting things that I've not seen covered before (in the 5 minutes that gays have been allowed to be included properly in tv/film on mainstream platforms), but it did also feel like a first draft in places, and was weirdly low on jokes?

Some of them were very hot though, so an extra point for that.

I loved this! It was so fun to see all those places I know too well on screen (the ferry, the beach, the social calendar, High Tea/Low Tea, The Pantry, The Ice Palace, The Meat Rack and everything in between) and it felt like a genuine travelogue of what it is actually like there. It really is so unique and this totally brought that home.

All the foul goings on were fabulous and the sexual and social politics were wittily done and a right hoot. It was a good twist on Austen and I found it quite moving overall by the end. The sugarsweet ending was predictable but perfect - it pressed all the right rom com buttons for me.

This was entertaining enough. Watching a film like this suddenly reminds me how rare it is to see gay stuff on TV/film.:(

Also the OnlyFans moustache muscle guy was so hot I hate myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom