folklore vs. evermore

Which album do you prefer?

• Total voters
I mean essentially evermore would have been a selection of B-sides in old money. At least that's the way I see it. An inferior sister.

Reactions: GNL
Oh no this is too difficult.

rhobh-how-dare-you.gif

I love both but more frequently revisit folklore all the way through. I tend to hop around evermore for the highlights.

folklore

but evermore has clicked more with me recently. Maybe its just a December album

Although I believe some people here prefer it e.g. perhaps @Fairytale of New Jark or maybe @joanne
I do prefer evermore, and honestly it's not even close.

folklore has about seven highlights and they are amazing, but I don't go back to the rest at all. I find the middle section seriously laggy and a bit tepid/twee in places.

evermore is consistently strong front to back. fewer absolute highlights possibly, but nothing that's a must-skip for me. the songwriting is stronger, the songs are more emotional. it's an incredible winter record.

Gold Rush is my least essential and I even quite like that now (although it's obviously an unfinished leftover from folklore and that pisses me off!).

folklore is marvellous but evermore ended Shakespeare.

you had a speech, you’re speechless

now you hang from my lips, like the Gardens of Babylon

i was dancing when the music stopped

sorry for not making you my centerfold

my pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand

and the old widow goes to the stone every day. But I don't, I just sit here and wait - grieving for the living

never be so polite you forget your power. never wield such power you forget to be polite

if our love died young, I can't bear witness

i don’t need your closure

now COME ON now.

'evermore' for me. I could listen to 'No body, No Crime' on a continuous loop from now until Doomsday. I'd obviously end up in a home where they could only feed me soup, but what a way to go.

I'm glad evermore is having a late resurgence. Still don't know if I should change my vote 😬
YOU SHOULD be the 1 to do so, assuming you don't want to go into exile. these other lib snowflakes' tears may ricochet, but I can make peace with a mad woman having an epiphany. this is me trying to indulge your illicit affairs. you have seven hours to make the change. meet me at the lakes when you're done and we'll burn your cardigan :disco:

YOU SHOULD be the 1 to do so, assuming you don't want to go into exile. these other lib snowflakes' tears may ricochet, but I can make peace with a mad woman having an epiphany. this is me trying to indulge your illicit affairs. you have seven hours to make the change. meet me at the lakes when you're done and we'll burn your cardigan :disco:
Work It Yes GIF by Amanda Cee Media

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom