Foxes - Sister Ray + The Kick (album 3)

Jark

User
she's back! again!

a67f8a8eb10911d1692fe854bdfca4c1.jpg

first single from album 3 (for real this time) coming next Wednesday. not sure what to expect based on the title but that artwork is quite a toot.

I think she’s really good too but a lot of her stuff is in “grower” territory. Looking forward to this and hope she tours it, she’s been great live any time I’ve seen her.

I didn't really get into the EP from earlier this year but hopefully she was keeping the prime material back.

I’ve always had a minor interest, and I love Friends I’m The Corner, Let It Go For Tonight and oddly, Kathleen. Is there any other areas I should delve into that might be up my alley?

Having been forced to put the radio on in my car this morning, I managed to hear 2 new probably not new songs: 1 by Foxes and Zedd, and another about remembering by David Guetta.

Anyway, it gave me hope that maybe she's not that bad after all. It's just that Youth was just such an ultimate that nothing has ever came close (by anyone really).

I’ve always had a minor interest, and I love Friends I’m The Corner, Let It Go For Tonight and oddly, Kathleen. Is there any other areas I should delve into that might be up my alley?
the second album was not quite as good as the first but had some great highs

Body Talk (amazing), Cruel, Amazing, If You Leave Me Now, Lose My Cool

from the debut, Youth and White Coats are BRILLIANCE

Looking forward to this! That clips suggests more of the same, which I embrace, as long as it’s not diminishing returns.

This is great! I've lost interest with her recently but this is so BIG. What a chorus

That’s very Laura Mvula

I like it the way I liked the last one, but nothing is screaming BOP at me yet.

I think it's more Charli tbh. I wasn't sure at first but by the second verse it was already growing. not as undeniable as the good sister RAY though.

This is good but definitely not up with Sister Ray. Also Dance>Dance Magic, but it is better than everything else on the EP.

another new one

not sure it quite pops off like it clearly wants to, but I can see it growing nicely in time

Oh I really like Sky Love on first listen. Better than Dance Magic for me.

Also the Friends in the Corner EP being included on the deluxe CD is a value package.

She's doing exactly what she should be doing, so why is all the new stuff leaving me cold?

Yeah same. We have quite different tastes Funks, so unlikely to Stan over the same songs often, but all the latest ones feel like they should be great but never really get there for me.

Sister Ray has great music but I just don’t find the lyrics or hooks are there :(

Absolute is a GIGANTIC BOP

Go OFF Foxua Lipa, releasing her best music to the tens of internet gays who still care.

There is something missing with Absolute for me, it doesn't quite hit the mark. Still looking forward to seeing what else she has on the album.

1. Sister Ray

2. Sky Love

3. Dance Magic
4. Absolute

I'm afraid Absolute is shit and I'm starting to become worried about the album.

the second album was not quite as good as the first but had some great highs

Body Talk (amazing), Cruel, Amazing, If You Leave Me Now, Lose My Cool

from the debut, Youth and White Coats are BRILLIANCE
I never listened to the second album beyond Body Talk, so I'm listening to these 5. If You Leave Me Now is gorgeous

White Coats remains one of the my favorite songs period

Such a tidy release by her record company. Apparently the digital is this Friday, the cd the 25th and the vinyl in July. Glad it’s at least coming out.

why not just wait two weeks to do streaming with the cd? it's not like there's a TIDE OF MOMENTUM.

It would make more sense but probably because she’s doing an album launch gig on Thursday which she’s putting up on her YouTube channel on Friday.

*gig cancelled as she has covid

Last edited:
I haven't listened to the album yet, but I do like Growing on Me, even though it inevitably brings to mind The Darkness which is unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom